ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Article on Desanto

I gotta know, It had to happen behind closed doors at Iowa, did Lee and DeSanto have a rematch???
Damm I cant wait till Friday night gonna be GREAT

Great article and nice to see ESPN do a piece like this on a wrestler. Pretty wild that he doesn't have or plan to get a drivers license! Ha.

I'm a big believer in second chances as life is full of mistakes, and I'm glad Austin found his place where he can develop as a person and pursue his passion for wrestling. He's always going to be the guy that "other teams love to hate" given his endless motor and aggressiveness, but he's taken ownership of past mistakes, heeded advice and made changes, and overall seems like a great kid.

Glad Austin is a Hawk, and one of about a thousand reasons I'm thankful for Spencer Lee and the type of kid he is.

you don’t mean that

Most people have challenges of some sort. Some physical, some mental, etc.

When someone is making progress from where they were in the past.........I appreciate and applaud them for their growth. Hope for the best for anyone trying to improve and be better.

Not sure your first post would support that viewpoint so I am less than thrilled with that attitude.

So.......... yeah. I could envision the door closing behind you. I have no one on ignore. But your post struck me as a bit insensitive.

Perhaps I misunderstood your position.

Most people have challenges of some sort. Some physical, some mental, etc.

When someone is making progress from where they were in the past.........I appreciate and applaud them for their growth. Hope for the best for anyone trying to improve and be better.

Not sure your first post would support that viewpoint so I am less than thrilled with that attitude.

So.......... yeah. I could envision the door closing behind you. I have no one on ignore. But your post struck me as a bit insensitive.

Perhaps I misunderstood your position.

From day 1, I’ve been consistent I don’t like after the whistle antics... even (especially?) when Rutgers does it.

I’ve also defended Austin as a guy who has a cookout pass.

It’s not personal. That one aspect about him (after the whistle stuff) doesn’t endear him to me. But trust me I want good for the guy throughout his life (and some guys are pretty scummy and all of us would say “I hope he gets what he deserves”. Austin is no where near that list.).

Maybe I can do better on the hate the sin/love the sinner thing, but I will say the world needs more people like Austin, not less. Wrestling needs no guys who do after the whistle stuff

if that makes sense?

From day 1, I’ve been consistent I don’t like after the whistle antics... even (especially?) when Rutgers does it.

I’ve also defended Austin as a guy who has a cookout pass.

It’s not personal. That one aspect about him (after the whistle stuff) doesn’t endear him to me. But trust me I want good for the guy throughout his life (and some guys are pretty scummy and all of us would say “I hope he gets what he deserves”. Austin is no where near that list.).

Maybe I can do better on the hate the sin/love the sinner thing, but I will say the world needs more people like Austin, not less. Wrestling needs no guys who do after the whistle stuff

if that makes sense?

That makes sense..........except the cookout pass thingy. No idea what that is.

The rest sounds reasonable. The after the whistle stuff seemed to be his lack of control issue and seems to have been corrected pretty much. Good on him and TNT for getting things cleaned up that way. We all hope it stays cleaned up moving forward.

So I apologize for misunderstanding your postion............but you still have to Power Wash this here Dumpster out after we set it on Fire tonight............
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT