ADVERTISEMENT

Espn saying clark

Clark will be on team WNBA playing against team USA on or around July 20th. Imagine those TV ratings. Clark against the Olympic team. Made for TV

If I were her, this would be my response when asked to play against Team USA:

jQse9G.gif

I would like to see Caitlin play with better players. Good opportunity for her passing ability to shine. She also wouldn't be blitzed because when she passed out her teammates can actually do something
Not sure if this game would highlight her passing ability. It took over a year at Iowa for them to gel and work together as a team. I'm guessing that the Olympic team will have had more practices together as opposed to the all-star team.

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? It's like you want Clark to be the whiny entitled athlete that people crush any other time.

"Hey Commish I know I'm an All Star starter but I'm still salty about not making the Olympic team a month ago so I don't want to play."

I'm everyone's defense sports turned into a quasi athletics and drama industry.

Y’all take every little thing that isn’t pro Clark as anti-Clark. Good lord.
C'mon man! Tis the age of grievance and outrage!! Get on board!!
No doubt.

Mille, you're thinking of the women who follow her like Taylor Swift...she's trending. Sport has little to do with it, it's all about celebrity for them.

As for the WNBA, sometimes flying under the radar is a good thing. The gals in the WNBA weren't making the big bucks but they could make a decent living playing basketball and nobody really cared. Now, they're being exposed to the free market and it's uncomfortable. People see what a shitty (subsidized) product it is.

I'd love the NBA to pull their funding and just let it die. It would look like minor league hockey from the 70s really fast. Small gyms, microwaved food and buses.

I'd love the NBA to pull their funding and just let it die.

I take it you are broke and do not understand money.

The WNBA is worth something like a billion…half that is the teams…half that is the league.

So the NBA’s holding would be worth 200 million or so. Into this investment they put in 10 to 15 million a year. There are bench players in the NBA that make more than that a year.

But yea…they are going to follow your hopes and not invest into the league anymore… and you somehow think that the WNBA can not come up with extra money?

The expansion teams went for 50 million…that is going to make up some of the shortfall.

Willing to bet even the poorest with ownership stakes, someone like Tom Brady, would be willing to chip in a couple dollars.

Hell the Aces just spent 20 million on a practice facility in Henderson… but yea the WNBA cannot survive without some pocket change from the NBA.

You are brilliant at finances.

The WNBA is worth something like a billion…half that is the teams…half that is the league.

So the NBA’s holding would be worth 200 million or so. Into this investment they put in 10 to 15 million a year. There are bench players in the NBA that make more than that a year.

But yea…they are going to follow your hopes and not invest into the league anymore… and you somehow think that the WNBA can not come up with extra money?

The expansion teams went for 50 million…that is going to make up some of the shortfall.

Willing to bet even the poorest with ownership stakes, someone like Tom Brady, would be willing to chip in a couple dollars.

Hell the Aces just spent 20 million on a practice facility in Henderson… but yea the WNBA cannot survive without some pocket change from the NBA.

Ever hear if Dutch Tulips?

You got me. I live in a cardboard box and am posting from the public library.

I know there are layers of investors with various strategies...particularly when a business is in growth phase. There's money there and will continue to be. It'll be interesting to see how many NBA players get in, now that restrictions have loosened. To your point, the NBA's stipend is little more than a polite nod.

Bottom line (pun intended) it's a bad product which barely moves the needle compared to other major sports. A good investment for the right people, sure. But crappy basketball with a lot of marginal talent and embarrassingly bad officiating. That has never been more evident.

'Scuse me. Gotta get my bucket and head out to the intersection.

Last edited:
Would be curious to see some analytics on the nba and wnba in terms of missed layups, missed “bunnies”, air balls, and passes through the hands.

The nba stats would give us something to compare a tje professional level.

I figured it was a women’s college problem. It isn’t.

this is becoming the harlem globetrotters. are they still around? she should play for them or start her own league!! go around selling out stadiums, without all the garbage and stress and drama.

So how does this impact her ability to be selected or play in the WNBA All Star game on 7/20?

I voted for CC, the Meg, and Kate for the All-Star team. I don't know about the Meg and Kate, but I'll bet CC gets a ton of votes. The other criteria they use, I have no idea.

CC will tell you she hasn't played well enough to make the Olympic team. That being said, I think she would be better off taking the break in the schedule to get some much needed rest and forego playing in an exhibition game against the Olympic team.

CC will tell you she hasn't played well enough to make the Olympic team. That being said, I think she would be better off taking the break in the schedule to get some much needed rest and forego playing in an exhibition game against the Olympic team.
Just looked at the schedule. Fever play the Wings on July 17 in Dallas. Their next scheduled game is on August 16 against the Mercury at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.

Huh....

"The difference is quite stark, but so are many price differences between the two leagues. Here are some numbers side by side, according to the latest data from the World Sports Network: TV contract revenue: $60 million (WNBA); $2.7 billion (NBA) Annual revenue: $200 million (WNBA); $10 billion (NBA)"

It's also worth noting that while the WNBA typically loses about $10 million annually, they're expected to lose about $50 million this year.

Not that that means anything as far as the league going under. :)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT