ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: "There's good & bad teams in each conference...."

Are you freakin’ kidding me — Iowa 2019. We’ll be one of those ‘good’ teams soon.

Two losses are simply worse than one. Losing at Syracuse or losing at home to Iowa State when you’re a 30+ favorite are both uglier blemishes than getting schooled at Kinnick. Had Ohio State scheduled Mary Poppins State instead of Oklahoma they’d be in the college football playoff. Shows the risk reward of scheduling legit OOC games. TCU and Baylor were on the outside looking in a few years back because of weak OOC schedules and no Big 12 title game. Ohio State made it in last year without even playing in the B1G title game largely on account of beating Oklahoma in the OOC. As Kirk says, that’s football.

Clemson had the ugly loss with Syracuse...Cuse didn't win another game
Oklahoma lost to ISU at home
Georgia got revenge for their loss to Auburn
Alabama only loss to a good team in Auburn

Wisconsin tough loss to Ohio St
Ohio St blasted by Iowa and another loss

Committee got it right

Lowly Iowa is 5-5 against PSU over the last ten games, 9-6 in favor of Iowa over the last 15 games.

Lowly Iowa is 6-4 against Michigan over the last ten games, 8-7 in favor of Michigan over the last 15 games.

OSU is our biggest nemesis, 8-2 OSU over 10 games, 13-2 over 15 games.

Usually we can't beat OSU, but lowly Iowa has knocked off some blue-bloods with a little more regularity than the pro-SEC media wanted to consider.

I wonder what the stats for just home games is? Might surprise high and mighty idiots at ESPiN.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Here’s the problem. If Alabama is better than osu ,Wisconsin or usc. Then Georgia has to be out,just like penn State last year.
You can’t have two conference teams in there without there being some plan for differentiating the conferences like the big ten acc challenge in basketball and that’s not feasible in football.
Georgia’s season is very similar to wisconsin’s. The problem with giving you the sec a pass is that it both proves and spr ads the narrative that the sec is the best. Perpetuating a myth that only helps them in the next season. When the perception is your conference is the best, you start with skewed ranking that also skew the poles.
The committee gave the sec a 50-50 chance of winning and perpetuating the secespn myth. You’ll never know who’s the true champ if the odds are stacked in one conferences favor when the preseason rankings are at the start of the season.

Haha. Perfectly describes our national image with captain dip$hit at the helm. Someone needs to explain to them how kind he is.

Lowly Iowa is 5-5 against PSU over the last ten games, 9-6 in favor of Iowa over the last 15 games.

Lowly Iowa is 6-4 against Michigan over the last ten games, 8-7 in favor of Michigan over the last 15 games.

OSU is our biggest nemesis, 8-2 OSU over 10 years, 13-2 over 15 years.

Usually we can't beat OSU, but lowly Iowa has knocked off some blue-bloods with a little more regularity than the pro-SEC media wanted to consider.

I wonder what the stats for just home games is? Might surprise high and mighty idiots at ESPiN.

I question your numbers. Pretty sure Iowa hasn’t played tOSU 10 times in the last 10 years or 15 times in the last 15 years.

You meant 10 or 15 games, I think.

I question your numbers. Pretty sure Iowa hasn’t played tOSU 10 times in the last 10 years or 15 times in the last 15 years.

You meant 10 or 15 games, I think.

That is correct, should be games like in the PSU and Michigan examples.

The biggest problem is, Alabama is Alabama and the committee was going to put them in regardless. I think they wanted tOSU as well, but which other team could they bump? Alabama was in pre season, Clemson was probably in pre season and Oklahoma beat tOSU and ended with a better record. So, tOSU by way of Iowa City is on the out looking in. This could be solved by going to an eight team CFP. The five power five conference champs are automatically in, and take three at large teams. I know, then you have the ninth and tenth seated teams bitching, but eight is better then four.

joey galloway said "if you want to make the playoffs don't lose to iowa"(that why I started my new thread :) ) I immediately turned off the channel and remembered why i only watch live events on there!

So he said don't lose to Iowa or don't lose to a bad team?

I agree if he said don't lose to Iowa.

I don't agree if he called Iowa a bad team.

Delaney was on ESPN doing a good job of defending the loss to Iowa.

So he said don't lose to Iowa or don't lose to a bad team?

I agree if he said don't lose to Iowa.

I don't agree if he called Iowa a bad team.

Delaney was on ESPN doing a good job of defending the loss to Iowa.

What I put in the thread title was basically the exact quote haha

It should be Conference Champ is requirement for a Bid to CFP.

Penn State should have represented B1G last year.

They do need to add a play in game or go to 8 teams because there are more power conferences than available bids.

All that said, I would not be surprised if Alabama wins it all, because the SEC has got a nice system going. Oversign and kick any of the busts from previous classes off the team.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I'll watch all the games. I really wouldn't mind any team winning aside from Bama. It wouldn't bother me at all of Georgia won- I know they're in the SEC but I really don't mind them.

Reactions: cmhawks99
No problem with tosu being left out. 2 losses, one of them being an ass kicking by a mediocre Iowa team is a solid reason to be left out.
The playoffs should be expanded to at least 8 teams anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT