ADVERTISEMENT

Expect a HUGE lawsuit from father whose 7 yr old died from dehydration

Huh? I stated there was no indication the parents were lacking food and water.

Says who?

They ALL were lacking food and water. Children are the most susceptible to becoming seriously ill from it.

Look, I'm not stating CBP definitely did something wrong, but their credibility on immigration issues has been suspect, ever since they lost about 1000 children and lied about it. So, let's be cautious in overt trust of the folks running that show, until they can demonstrate they acted appropriately and prudently.

Well you typically don’t die of dehydration over an 8 hour period or are you denying this sort of science?
Typically not, unless the administration altered timelines to make it look like 8 hours.

Says who?

They ALL were lacking food and water. Children are the most susceptible to becoming seriously ill from it.

Look, I'm not stating CBP definitely did something wrong, but their credibility on immigration issues has been suspect, ever since they lost about 1000 children and lied about it. So, let's be cautious in overt trust of the folks running that show, until they can demonstrate they acted appropriately and prudently.
They also blamed the death on the parents in what comes across as a purely political statement. If they want credibility they just wrecked it.

EXACTLY

Accountability starts at the top, and when the top is pushing the worker bees to "dissuade" people from asking for asylum, things like "waiting to provide water", "letting them wait uncomfortably in the heat" etc become commonplace. Because that's a "feature", not a "bug" of the process.

So, let's get a reasonable and fair investigation on this. Get native speakers to directly interview half the folks in that group to describe how they were treated. Get sworn testimony from every CPB worker, under oath, with them understanding they'll go to jail for 15 yrs if they lie about what actually happened. Let's get any texts, calls etc among them on how they acted.

If they acted reasonably, then this is just a bad outcome. If they acted negligently, and some tried to cover it up, then let them rot in jail and take away any govt pension they had to pay the family with.

Accountability USED TO BE a GOP tenet. It apparently no longer is....

So let's just shut down the border and stop all activity while we interview and investigate everyone at the border at the time. Sounds reasonable.

Why are some so eager to believe the government line on this? Is CBP the only part of the government that is not part of THE DEEP STATE and must be believed 100%?

I want to see the medical records.
Are people eagerly buying the government line? Or are they simply pointing out that humans don’t die of dehydration in 8 hours?

I’m reserving judgment until we know more facts. But if she started convulsing just 8 hours after being taken into custody then it’s reasonable to assume she was severely dehydrated even before border patrol got involved.

Reactions: Chuck C
Are people eagerly buying the government line? Or are they simply pointing out that humans don’t die of dehydration in 8 hours?

I’m reserving judgment until we know more facts. But if she started convulsing just 8 hours after being taken into custody then it’s reasonable to assume she was severely dehydrated even before border patrol got involved.
Saying it was 8 hours is a government line.

If it was parental neglect then how did the father manage to keep her in good health up until the last couple of days then suddenly stop caring for her?

WTF do you mean if? It was his fault.He didn't keep her in good health he starved her for days and never provided her with water. Do you have kids? Would you let them go days without eating or drinking?

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
That’s one of the facts that I’m waiting for verification.
I'm skeptical. That's my point. Virtually every corner if Trump's administration is under investigation, many of them criminal.

So no, I won't just take the DHS word for it. Because they haven't earned that trust. We should do an independent investigation. When you have a death that should be the minimum.

Reactions: 750075
EXACTLY

Accountability starts at the top, and when the top is pushing the worker bees to "dissuade" people from asking for asylum, things like "waiting to provide water", "letting them wait uncomfortably in the heat" etc become commonplace. Because that's a "feature", not a "bug" of the process.

So, let's get a reasonable and fair investigation on this. Get native speakers to directly interview half the folks in that group to describe how they were treated. Get sworn testimony from every CPB worker, under oath, with them understanding they'll go to jail for 15 yrs if they lie about what actually happened. Let's get any texts, calls etc among them on how they acted.

If they acted reasonably, then this is just a bad outcome. If they acted negligently, and some tried to cover it up, then let them rot in jail and take away any govt pension they had to pay the family with.

Accountability USED TO BE a GOP tenet. It apparently no longer is....

It’s not hot right now

WTF do you mean if? It was his fault.He didn't keep her in good health he starved her for days and never provided her with water. Do you have kids? Would you let them go days without eating or drinking?
Even border agents said that she appeared healthy when they took custody. That doesn't square with severe neglect prior to their capture.

How is it that you’re so certain the government is lying about that? Have either the parents or their attorneys disputed the timeline?
I am not at all certain the government is lying. But their actions put their story in doubt. A big one is why they didn't release information of this death until after the Washington Post broke the story? Why did it take a media site to inform the public of what happened? Would the government have just kept this death quiet if WaPo had never exposed it? Surely you can agree that it makes it looks like officials are trying to sweep this death under the rug when they do stuff like this.

Reactions: 750075
People don't die from neglect in 8 hours DA. He didn't provide for her days and days. The dad is responsible for her death and should be locked up.
It's possible. It's also possible the DHS blew off medical attention when they arrived and blew off giving them water while they waiting hours for the single bus they had for these hundreds of immigrants and then fudged the timelines later to make it look like just a few hours.

Says who?

They also blamed the death on the parents in what comes across as a purely political statement. If they want credibility they just wrecked it.

Well the parents are the main people to blame.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
“This is a big deal and must be investigated to its fullest extent!” - Democrats

Pretending to care about brown people south of the border while saying nothing when Obama was killing many innocent men, women and children in the Middle East via drone strikes.

Man I really hate how politics makes people act/think.

It's possible. It's also possible the DHS blew off medical attention when they arrived and blew off giving them water while they waiting hours for the single bus they had for these hundreds of immigrants and then fudged the timelines later to make it look like just a few hours.
And she would have been dead if they hadn't picked her up because her dad drug her across Mexico and illegally into the USA and didn't provide for her and keep her safe. Her dad killed her!

And...if water was provided, there was time to rehydrate....

If CBP agents "let them wait" because they followed similar patterns of mistreatment as has been reported, then the opportunity to rehydrate her may have passed before they were given food and water....

Certainly plausible

And...if water was provided, there was time to rehydrate....

If CBP agents "let them wait" because they followed similar patterns of mistreatment as has been reported, then the opportunity to rehydrate her may have passed before they were given food and water....

What is funny, or more likely sad, is you seem to be relishing in this girls death so you can score pot shots against the president...that’s pretty fu@ked up.

Reactions: The Tradition
In my eyes the CBP has a huge credibility problem when they keep repeating that this father and daughter were coming here illegally, which is demonstrably false since applying for asylum isn't illegal, which makes the CBP's accounts less trustworthy.
Per the USA article above, the little girl’s family said their intention was to cross illegally, seeking asylum wasn’t the plan.

What is funny, or more likely sad, is you seem to be relishing in this girls death so you can score pot shots against the president...that’s pretty fu@ked up.

No, it sounds a lot like how black people were treated during the Civil Rights movement.

Back then, "law officers" dehumanized and mistreated many, who died in custody "of natural causes".

Now, we do not have solid evidence at this stage as to whether they were mistreated or not (denied immediate food/water). We DO know that this administration routinely "dehumanizes" them, which is the first step down that road....

“This is a big deal and must be investigated to its fullest extent!” - Democrats

Pretending to care about brown people south of the border while saying nothing when Obama was killing many innocent men, women and children in the Middle East via drone strikes.

At the same time Obama was trying to kill terrorists in the middle east, the right was criticizing him for being too soft.

Last I heard we are not at war with Guatemala.

Edit Your comment in bold is disgusting.

At the same time Obama was trying to kill terrorists in the middle east, the right was criticizing him for being too soft.

Last I heard we are not at war with Guatemala.

Edit Your comment in bold is disgusting.

Yet it is the truth. You republicans and democrats sure are awful people with your wars and imperialism.

Reactions: hawkland14
Yet it is the truth. You republicans and democrats sure are awful people with your wars and imperialism.
What do Democrats have to do with any of this? They've been powerless these last two years over Trump's fits over the border.

What do Democrats have to do with any of this? They've been powerless these last two years over Trump's fits over the border.

There are democrats posting in this thread that are giddy that they may be able to use this tragic event to score some politicking points and claim Trump ordered this killing bc he is racist. Yet when Obama was killing innocent brown kids in the M.E. We didn’t hear much about it much less any outrage from posters like Joe (I know, NOW, he will say it is awful).

Personally I am for less wars, less drone strikes, more open borders and more free trade and most here are just for something happening that makes the other guy look bad so they can score some Internet high fives.

Bunch of no talent ass clowns.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Link to Americans crossing 1000 miles of desert to a better life?
Perhaps you are confusing two separate topics? Sh*tty parents versus desperate migrants?

Where the parents of this young girl starving or dehydrated? Where the parents in need of medical attention? There were hundreds of young children in this caravan? How many died? You're ignoring obvious neglect.

And obvious facts, particularly the ones you pointed to above. Does anyone really think the border control agents isolated this girl to enact some sort of sick torture upon her?

Not just one agent, multiple...sorry I am not buying it. Maybe I have too much faith in humanity in general that I don’t see this being an issue of intention neglect by multiple law enforcement officials along the way.

Also, I thought we were against tearing down Americas law enforcement institutions??? Never did get how one group could be for some and against others and then on the other side of the political aisle it is similar just flip the institutions.

There are democrats posting in this thread that are giddy that they may be able to use this tragic event to score some politicking points and claim Trump ordered this killing bc he is racist. Yet when Obama was killing innocent brown kids in the M.E. We didn’t hear much about it much less any outrage from posters like Joe (I know, NOW, he will say it is awful).

Personally I am for less wars, less drone strikes, more open borders and more free trade and most here are just for something happening that makes the other guy look bad so they can score some Internet high fives.

Who cares about HROT posters? The DHS is wrongly accusing the father of killing his daughter. It's a purely political accusation that distracts from real border control strategies. Dems have absolutely nothing to do with this. Not sure why you can't just critisize the Republicans for this without having to soften it with, "Well the Dems are bad, too."

Who cares about HROT posters? The DHS is wrongly accusing the father of killing his daughter. It's a purely political accusation that distracts from real border control strategies. Dems have absolutely nothing to do with this. Not sure why you can't just critisize the Republicans for this without having to soften it with, "Well the Dems are bad, too."

Outside of everyone being rich, big wang, hot gal marrying players HROT is a good representation of what goes through the avg Americans head regard stuff like this and who they hear that message delivered from.

This man has been making bad choices all his life; you can see it documented here: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ed-impoverished-guatemala-village/2329713002/

Those bad choices?

* He can't afford kids yet he has 3. I am sure many of us either don't have kids or have just one. Why? Because we are responsible and know what we can afford.

* Jakelin’s family says her father paid a human smuggler to sneak them across the border. Again, it's in the story linked above. Talk about putting your 7 year old in immediate danger.

* Asylum wasn’t the plan, per Jakelin's family
. Again, it's in the story linked above.

* This man made the journey despite the fact that those fleeing poverty or economic hardship alone do not qualify for asylum. Though it may be understandable that those living in extreme poverty, barely surviving on just a few dollars per day, would make the trek north in search of a better life, if they cannot prove that they are fleeing persecution, they will not be granted asylum.

Diversion and has nothing to do with the thread. Now off to your imaginary neutral pedestal where you can snipe and never be wrong. Your posts prior to that were straight out of right field (common for you) and had much to be criticized for.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT