ADVERTISEMENT

F*** st grades

He turned him in the last 30 seconds after riding him with 1 or 2 legs in for three minutes. Cullen quit laying flat and finally tried to get out and guess what, he got turned. That is what I hate about double boots. If you lay flat nothing happens and you get dry humped for 5 minutes and get called for stalling while not giving up any back points. If you make a base and try to get out, they get a wrist or a half in and turn you. Remember RBY vs. Nagao last year? How many other back points did PSU score with their 15 minutes of riding time over the course of the dual??
Showing my age but I don’t know what’s changed with the rules concerning leg riding compared to 25 years ago. It used to earn you either a stall call or a stalemate very quickly if you weren’t close to a turning the guy, particularly when you had both legs in. Now they are allowed to hang out all day long.

What did Drake do all night, kinda hard to shoot when your on your knee the whole match
sorta reminded me of when RBY put his arm behind his back during his matches with DeSanto to avoid being taken down...it looked ridiculous and was definitely stalling but at least the dropping to 1 knee was legal and could be utilized for some offensive attacks.

sorta reminded me of when RBY put his arm behind his back during his matches with DeSanto to avoid being taken down...it looked ridiculous and was definitely stalling but at least the dropping to 1 knee was legal and could be utilized for some offensive attacks.
Nothing Penn State does is stalling, it is all strategy. Only Iowa stalls, just ask them.

So... Beating someone with "one hand behind my back" my back used to be an insult for any combat sport (wrestling, boxing, judo, etc.), but now it's stalling? Also, "at least dropping to one knee was legal", but "putting a hand behind my back" is not legal?? Since when? I'm not following you logic here.

I was actually going to make the same point. I personally wasn't bothered by either situation.

So... Beating someone with "one hand behind my back" my back used to be an insult for any combat sport (wrestling, boxing, judo, etc.), but now it's stalling? Also, "at least dropping to one knee was legal", but "putting a hand behind my back" is not legal?? Since when? I'm not following you logic here.
I didn’t like the way Drake wrestled. If I was the ref he would have been dinged for stalling two or three times. He got the win which is good for BT seeding.
They were both stalling and both should have been dinged for it. That is my logic. I get why both did it. What I don't get is why stalling isn't called. They are both doing what the ref allowed them to do, and that is stall and avoid engaging. That is my take.

They were both stalling and both should have been dinged for it. That is my logic. I get why both did it. What I don't get is why stalling isn't called. They are both doing what the ref allowed them to do, and that is stall and avoid engaging. That is my take.
I couldn’t agree more. What happened to the double stall call? This match would’ve been the perfect place to enforce it.

Wrestling on one knee is just not acceptable. I don’t care who does it.

Could be used for offensive attacks? Where were all these offensive attacks?

I couldn’t agree more. What happened to the double stall call? This match would’ve been the perfect place to enforce it.

Wrestling on one knee is just not acceptable. I don’t care who does it.
Wrestling on one knee will get you called for passivity in freestyle.
I'm not a fan of wrestling on one knee either.

Wrestling on one knee will get you called for passivity in freestyle.
I'm not a fan of wrestling on one knee either.
It is a sure sign the wrestler doing it is not confident in their neutral game. If I was their coach, I'd be screaming to get up.

It is a sure sign the wrestler doing it is not confident in their neutral game. If I was their coach, I'd be screaming to get up.
As a coach I understand when it's done to match levels with their opponent.
I never promote the idea of being the one who initiates it, though.

As a coach I understand when it's done to match levels with their opponent.
I never promote the idea of being the one who initiates it, though.
I was 5’8” and wrestled 112 and didn’t do it to match levels. I could have about every match I was in. Just not my style.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT