ADVERTISEMENT

F*** st grades

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
Ayala 7 vs 2 Quick 1st TD wrestled smart but I believe he could have scored more. 97

Schriever 20 vs 6 Out matched could not defend leg ride???? MAYBE STOP letting the kid get them in!!! Could not generate any offense 65

Woods 2vs 1 Gave up crap 1st td had no answer from feet or top??? 65

Rathjen 12 vs 10 nice 1st TD, then got another was building a nice lead. Maybe shut down TWOOOO early??? Went to SV and gets a B1G win 95

Franek 5 vs 1 Gave up TD and also got rode like a pony!!!! Was in deep on 2 shots and could not convert!!! 55

Candy 6 vs 7 Never got into his offense about the ONLY thing he did was save the major and me $$$$ 65

Kennedy 7 vs 1 He was just getting horsed. NOT sure what the future plan is? He looked like he should be at 157 honestly. Somehow the coaches have to figure out how to make a line up with Candy, kennedy, and Arnold. Hopefully ad Brands!!! Gave up 2 TD with no time on clock. He would beat this chump if he was a full 174!!! ARNOLD was right but where the hell was he??? Is he hurt??? 75

Riggins UR vs 6 another kid wrestling in wrong weight class. 80

Glazier 11 vs 1 He wrestled pretty good. Babbling should have been hit more for stalling 85

BIG Ben UR vs 1 Ben could be a FORCE!!! Not sure how good he is at Football, but could be a multiple champ at wrestling! 85

Once again all F*** st does is stall their asses off especially on top. that being said we have to be much better at getting the hell off bottom. AJ would TORCH Babbling who as I said is not a 197! StarFish IF he wins 4 might just TOP the list as the worst 4Xer!!! Was worried he would come back but now not so much!

We have TONS of wood to chop and ground to gain!!!

I'll go...

Ayala B
He'll beat him worse next time but HAS to be more confident with his leg attacks

Schriever D-
Simply dominated on top

Woods F
He's wrestling like a guy who's not interested and checked out

Rathjen A!
Not afraid to pull the trigger and take chances

Franek F
He is who he is. Straight ahead blast double and cannot scramble. Haines is taking his wrist back to Happy Valley as he controlled it all night long

Caliendo C
He gave Messenbrink too much respect like he did Carr. I think he makes it more interesting the next time they meet but Messenbrink is a Honey Badger, very impressed by him

Kennedy C+
Got blown out early but rallied and fought. Outclassed but kept firing away

Riggins C
Obviously undersized but the kid is a fighter. Could be the guy and take a big leap forward if he gets bigger and stronger

Glazier B
He's our best guy this season and went toe to toe with an all timer

Keuter C+
Lessons were learned tonight, hope he sticks with wrestling as he can win a title at some point

My prediction is Iowa will lose 3 out of their last 4 dual meets of the season as I don't see us winning in Stillwater. The heat better get turned up by the big donors or influencers of the program. At a minimum assistant coaches need to be replaced.

Ayala 7 vs 2 Quick 1st TD wrestled smart but I believe he could have scored more. 97

Schriever 20 vs 6 Out matched could not defend leg ride???? MAYBE STOP letting the kid get them in!!! Could not generate any offense 65

Rathjen 12 vs 10 nice 1st TD, then got another was building a nice lead. Maybe shut down TWOOOO early??? Went to SV and gets a B1G win 95

Franek 5 vs 1 Gave up TD and also got rode like a pony!!!! Was in deep on 2 shots and could not convert!!! 55

Candy 6 vs 7 Never got into his offense about the ONLY thing he did was save the major and me $$$$ 65

Kennedy 7 vs 1 He was just getting horsed. NOT sure what the future plan is? He looked like he should be at 157 honestly. Somehow the coaches have to figure out how to make a line up with Candy, kennedy, and Arnold. Hopefully ad Brands!!! Gave up 2 TD with no time on clock. He would beat this chump if he was a full 174!!! ARNOLD was right but where the hell was he??? Is he hurt??? 75

Glazier 11 vs 1 He wrestled pretty good. Babbling should have been hit more for stalling 85

BIG Ben UR vs 1 Ben could be a FORCE!!! Not sure how good he is at Football, but could be a multiple champ at wrestling! 85

Once again all F*** st does is stall their asses off especially on top. that being said we have to be much better at getting the hell off bottom. AJ would TORCH Babbling who as I said is not a 197! StarFish IF he wins 4 might just TOP the list as the worst 4Xer!!! Was worried he would come back but now not so much!

Admire your enthusiasm misguided as it may.

PSU is superior in every aspect. Offense, defense, neutral, on the mat, pace and conditioning. The technical skills they have are unreal.

125- B. No brakes Drake is no shots Drake now. No leg attacks, hand fighting, one knee blocking off. Not entertaining.

133- D. We need a legit 133 pounder because the ones on the team now are just not very good. There is no excuse for a top flight 133 not being recruited.

141- C. Woods looks done. I don't know what the issue is but this version is not winning any titles. He looks completely lost from neutral. No longer dominant on top.

149- B+. A good start, then looked like he was going to break but gutted it out to win. At least showed some heart and the first real leg attacks by Iowa in the match.

157-C. For the people questioning why others were not giving Franek a chance in this match. This match would be exhibit number one. Different levels.

165- B-. MC seemed a little shell-shocked at first. He did at least pull it together enough to compete a little. Mesenbrink just too good.

174- B-. Out classed but at least had some guts.

184- No grade.

197- B. He held up better than I thought he would.

285- B. Out sized and out classed.

How can dudes continue to say PSU stalls? From my perspective they’re 100% more offense minded than Iowa. They do more than our hand fighting and double thigh prys.

Their top ride is frustrating from an opposing fans view only cause we can’t get out from it. I would bet any amount of money without even looking their team has more pins and backpoints than ours this season.

While I hoped for better, the night went almost exactly how I expected it to. Drake won. Rathjen won. The only other guy I thought was a toss up was Woods. 133 was a big underdog who struggles on the bottom. Check. Franek isn't getting a takedown against Haines, which means he isn't beating him. I love MC, but Messenbrink is a superstar in the making and I just didn't see MC beating him. Glazier showed he is a legit top 6 guy imo. The back half of the dual sucked for the Hawks, but I think PSU has 5 finalists from 157 up and very possibly 4 or 5 champs. The back half of the dual is going to go bad for everyone wrestling PSU this year. The B10 and NCAA tournament finals are going to be nothing more than a recruiting infomercial for Carl. They are light years ahead of everyone and the gap ain't narrowing. I'm going to go kick my dog now.

you are insane if you believe this

Admire your enthusiasm misguided as it may.

How can dudes continue to say PSU stalls? From my perspective they’re 100% more offense minded than Iowa. They do more than our hand fighting and double thigh prys.

Their top ride is frustrating from an opposing fans view only cause we can’t get out from it. I would bet any amount of money without even looking their team has more pins and backpoints than ours this season.

you are insane if you believe this
^^^^^ALL ABOVE ^^^^^^Watch the match!!! Game plan for some of their best guys is get a TD and hold on!!! Look at the STALL calls on guys who are WINNING their matches!!!!

Reactions: el dub
Well if you’ve paid attention you know this individual is far from rational
WRONG!!!
What did Drake do all night, kinda hard to shoot when your on your knee the whole match
You point to one wrestler who BEAT a guy ranked several spots above him!!! Watch MANY #1s on F*** state doing nothing!!!!
Drake stalled all match and was lucky to get the slide by early. But at lease they game planned against a freshmen. If Drake stood up he would have been taken down a few times with double legs. Probably won’t work next time they meet because Cael will have a plan.
WRONG!!!! AND who in F is dis guy now!?!?!?

^^^^^ALL ABOVE ^^^^^^Watch the match!!! Game plan for some of their best guys is get a TD and hold on!!! Look at the STALL calls on guys who are WINNING their matches!!!!
Every PSU starter that won had more than 1 takedown except Brooks. So how can you say that? 5 of the 8 wins by bonus..so of the other 3 winners, who stalled in your opinion? Please don’t tell me Messenbrink or Bartlett

These scores are way too generous.

Penn state stalled? They beat Iowa on takedowns 5 to 1 lol

That's because they're way better than Iowa. Several of their guys have the talent to win by more than they did.

Also the new top riding rule wasn't enforced on Brooks. He did a hover float ride for 2 minutes before getting called for stalling, even though the ref verbal warned him multiple times and even called a stalemate ("that's on you red").

See my post directly above. Rewatch Aaron Brooks ride vs Glazier. That's stalling. New rule was implemented to account for this, yet the ref doesn't enforce it.

See my post directly above. Rewatch Aaron Brooks ride vs Glazier. That's stalling. New rule was implemented to account for this, yet the ref doesn't enforce it.
That ref was so all over the place with stall calls. That guy ranks right up with Rivera. The Hawkeyes have a lot more to worry about other than a preceived stall ride. Lol

Reactions: backdrft76
Davis will beat him next time they wrestle. We have seen that play out many times in the past.
I disagree. Drake didn't show Carl much to plan for. The down on one knee thing is done a lot to eliminate leg attacks. I think Drake gets multiple takedowns if he opens up more, which he absolutely can and should do. The Hawks are definitely not peaking right now, but is that necessarily a bad thing?!

giphy.gif

Gonna give this a shot:

IRONBIRD - TOTAL GRADE = D-. You get an A for ENTHUSIASM and for being a BOOMER that has the PATIENCE to spend 45 MINUTES typing his posts with his INDEX FINGERS and CAPITALIZING many of the words so that the fact that these words are of CRITICAL IMPORTANCE to the WISDOM you are imparting will not be LOST on us. I can feel the INTENSITY with which your lips are mouthing your words as you type them and I COMMEND you sir. Also, I agree with you that BIG Ben could be a FORCE, needs to get BIGGER and be BIG BEN.

But you also get an F- for calling Caliendo "CANDY". You've been doing that for a while now and it's not going to be a thing. Just give it up.

ibahwkfan - A. I agree with your take on Woods, it doesn't just seem like he's sick or injured, he legitimately doesn't look all that interested in competing. I don't think they lose to Oklahoma State, but I hope your are right about big donors and influential people pulling some strings and getting some new assistants in there.

MVPFAN - D+. Both Woods and Frank deserve Fs and you know it. Unless MVP stands for Most Vulnerable Pheeler of Pheelings, you need to give your name back. And you couldn't even write 10 words for any of the weight classes after 165; this is low effort trash. If I didn't think you could do better, I wouldn't even bother, but you're better than this. Let's see some improvement next time.

Gonna give this a shot:

IRONBIRD - TOTAL GRADE = D-. You get an A for ENTHUSIASM and for being a BOOMER that has the PATIENCE to spend 45 MINUTES typing his posts with his INDEX FINGERS and CAPITALIZING many of the words so that the fact that these words are of CRITICAL IMPORTANCE to the WISDOM you are imparting will not be LOST on us. I can feel the INTENSITY with which your lips are mouthing your words as you type them and I COMMEND you sir. Also, I agree with you that BIG Ben could be a FORCE, needs to get BIGGER and be BIG BEN.

But you also get an F- for calling Caliendo "CANDY". You've been doing that for a while now and it's not going to be a thing. Just give it up.

This is amazing. Well done. 😂

Reactions: grapplefann
Gonna give this a shot:

ibahwkfan - A. I agree with your take on Woods, it doesn't just seem like he's sick or injured, he legitimately doesn't look all that interested in competing. I don't think they lose to Oklahoma State, but I hope your are right about big donors and influential people pulling some strings and getting some new assistants in there.

MVPFAN - D+. Both Woods and Frank deserve Fs and you know it. Unless MVP stands for Most Vulnerable Pheeler of Pheelings, you need to give your name back. And you couldn't even write 10 words for any of the weight classes after 165; this is low effort trash. If I didn't think you could do better, I wouldn't even bother, but you're better than this. Let's see some improvement next time.
This kinda SUCKS!!! With the exceptions of giving me an A and agreeing on BIG Ben. EVERYTHING else is BS!!!

I call him CANDY because I can never spell his name right.
This is amazing. Well done. 😂
WRONG!!!!

This kinda SUCKS!!! With the exceptions of giving me an A and agreeing on BIG Ben. EVERYTHING else is BS!!!

WRONG!!!!
Here you go, just copy and paste his name from this post whenever you need it.

Michael Caliendo

I an sure, even you, can handle that.

p.s. I even bolded it for you.

Reactions: IRONBIRD

WRONG!!!!
Ironbird, you rise to this stuff like a school of crappies to a popper in April.
Love your enthusiasm, if not always your judgement.
Let's practice: C A L I E N D O

Is that not exactly what drake did? Get first take down, then drop to a knee the rest of the match. No problem by me, that’s how he won. Call it both ways IB. But you won’t say that.

A lot of PSU's rides are stall rides. They have mastered the crab ride, along with Nago throwing in 1 or 2 legs (calling stalling on the bottom guy with double boots in drives me nuts, what the hell is he supposed to do). While they are legal and very effective, they are not scoring much of anything off their rides other than a riding time point. The problem for everyone else is they are burning up 2 or 3 minutes of clock with a "stall ride" that is brutal to escape from. It gets in guys heads when you shoot, get in deep, and give up a takedown off your shot ( happened to Iowa about 8 times Friday), and then get stuck on the bottom for the rest of the period. Makes you not want to shoot again I'm sure. Carl has it figured out. Iowa needs to get better from bottom and neutral or from the top up and down the lineup. Pick two of the three because PSU was much better from neutral and top than us. I think Iowa wrestles a lot more aggressive if we are better on bottom ( see PK compared to Franek) if we have confidence we can get out if we get countered. Friday nights dual was Penn State shoots and scores, Iowa shoots and Penn State scores. That was very frustrating for me anyway.

A lot of PSU's rides are stall rides. They have mastered the crab ride, along with Nago throwing in 1 or 2 legs (calling stalling on the bottom guy with double boots in drives me nuts, what the hell is he supposed to do). While they are legal and very effective, they are not scoring much of anything off their rides other than a riding time point. The problem for everyone else is they are burning up 2 or 3 minutes of clock with a "stall ride" that is brutal to escape from. It gets in guys heads when you shoot, get in deep, and give up a takedown off your shot ( happened to Iowa about 8 times Friday), and then get stuck on the bottom for the rest of the period. Makes you not want to shoot again I'm sure. Carl has it figured out. Iowa needs to get better from bottom and neutral or from the top up and down the lineup. Pick two of the three because PSU was much better from neutral and top than us. I think Iowa wrestles a lot more aggressive if we are better on bottom ( see PK compared to Franek) if we have confidence we can get out if we get countered. Friday nights dual was Penn State shoots and scores, Iowa shoots and Penn State scores. That was very frustrating for me anyway.
Nagao stalled that dude right to his back.

Nagao stalled that dude right to his back.
He turned him in the last 30 seconds after riding him with 1 or 2 legs in for three minutes. Cullen quit laying flat and finally tried to get out and guess what, he got turned. That is what I hate about double boots. If you lay flat nothing happens and you get dry humped for 5 minutes and get called for stalling while not giving up any back points. If you make a base and try to get out, they get a wrist or a half in and turn you. Remember RBY vs. Nagao last year? How many other back points did PSU score with their 15 minutes of riding time over the course of the dual??

Gonna give this a shot:

This made my day

• Angry
Reactions: IRONBIRD
He turned him in the last 30 seconds after riding him with 1 or 2 legs in for three minutes. Cullen quit laying flat and finally tried to get out and guess what, he got turned. That is what I hate about double boots. If you lay flat nothing happens and you get dry humped for 5 minutes and get called for stalling while not giving up any back points. If you make a base and try to get out, they get a wrist or a half in and turn you. Remember RBY vs. Nagao last year? How many other back points did PSU score with their 15 minutes of riding time over the course of the dual??
So, Shriver was stalling in order not to get turned. Ok, I agree.

Reactions: Creek Side
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT