ADVERTISEMENT

Fani Willis.

What do you make of this?
she's up by 70+ points according to a local poll and she went to a community event instead

it's really not hard to see why she skipped the debate

full context makes for a less compelling tweet though

Reactions: Torg
She won the D primary.

In Atlanta that's as good as winning the general election.

It's no different from winning the R primary in any of the thousands of rural red counties in this country.

Is this a good thing, hell no it's not a good thing, I've been going on and on about how we should change our system. But that's how it works right now in this country.

So glad I left Atlanta when I retired.

This weekend I’m meeting up with a college friend I haven’t seen in 40 years up at Amelia Island. She’s still living in Atlanta and for her sake and safety I hope it’s 40 miles north of town.

In Atlanta that's as good as winning the general election.

It's no different from winning the R primary in any of the thousands of rural red counties in this country.
Are they all crooks too? Run to a church and scream about racism when they’re caught? Damn.

This weekend I’m meeting up with a college friend I haven’t seen in 40 years up at Amelia Island. She’s still living in Atlanta and for her sake and safety I hope it’s 40 miles north of town.

Atlanta is 27th among major cities for violent crime rate below Witchata, KA and Anchorage, AK. It's pretty significantly below Indianapolis and I've been there many times and not felt unsafe. Granted I'm not visiting the worst sections of the city, but I'm guessing your friend doesn't live in the worse sections of Atlanta.

I really wish right wingers who wouldn't stay the night inside of many of these cities out of fear would stop telling me about how dangerous these cities are.

Atlanta is 27th among major cities for violent crime rate below Witchata, KA and Anchorage, AK. It's pretty significantly below Indianapolis and I've been there many times and not felt unsafe. Granted I'm not visiting the worst sections of the city, but I'm guessing your friend doesn't live in the worse sections of Atlanta.

I really wish right wingers who wouldn't stay the night inside of many of these cities out of fear would stop telling me about how dangerous these cities are.
My own city of Jacksonville is pretty dadgum dangerous so my main idea is that if I moved it wouldn’t be from one bad lily pad to another.

My own city of Jacksonville is pretty dadgum dangerous so my main idea is that if I moved it wouldn’t be from one bad lily pad to another.

When I was courting my wife she lived in Jacksonville and I never felt unsafe.

Jacksonville is 52 among major cities in violent crime rate.

Yes crime happens and geographically it happens more often in major cities because that's where all the people live and people commit crimes not land.

Yes crime happens and geographically it happens more often in major cities because that's where all the people live and people commit crimes not land.
“Courting”?

Is your stat of it happening more in cities per capita? I believe those first data points were per capita.

“Courting”?

Dating? Not sure I that could accurately describe it. Our whole relationship up until we got married was a long distance relationship. We made several trips to see one another, probably at least once every 2 months. We also talked nightly on the phone.

So the start of our relationship was very abnormal, especially for the time.

However we've been married 14 years now.

Wouldn't per capita help the cities? That's the rub on Anchoridge. Not only is it a fairly rough town, there are "no" people there so it gets crushed "per capita".

Yeah but less people to commit crimes too.

Per capita is good for determining roughly how safe a person is in that city from crime.

That said I think it's stupid to just use per capita numbers in some political discussion without taking things into account. Anchorage I would argue likely has a major challenge due to weather and location in police response times.

Regardless of their additional challenges, no one ever talked about Anchorage or Wichita like it's a major crime haven yet statistically speaking you are less safe in those cities than you are in Atlanta. Which is often talked about as a major crime haven.

Now I can tell you exactly why some cities are demonized and other cities arn't. And it has very little to do with actual crime statistics and more to do with the type of people that live there.

Chicago for example is talked about as if it is a gigantic war zone. Yet it only comes it at 17th in violent crime under places like Anchorage, Nashville, Indianapolis, Milwaulkee, Albuquerque,

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u
Fani Willis is slime and a habitual liar.

Her days in office are numbered, the voting public will out her.
Thanks Gerardo. You do know your moniker is an Ecuadorian immigrant right? Hitler would be so so disappointed in your faux racist ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT