ADVERTISEMENT

Fast Food Unicorn

Crinkle fries have more surface area for crispy goodness. I’m willing to entertain the notion that other types of fries are or can be better, but crinkle fries are neither trailer park fries nor a deal breaker.

Crinkle fries suck. Only place I can ever remember liking them was a local restaurant when I was a kid; they made them tolerable by smothering them in seasoned salt.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Crinkle fries suck. Only place I can ever remember liking them was a local restaurant when I was a kid; they made them tolerable by smothering them in seasoned salt.
Maybe you’ve just never had crinkle fries that were cooked properly. There is nothing inherently flawed about crinkle fries compared to straight-cut fries.

Crinkle fries don’t “suck” compared to another french fry cut from the same potato and cooked in the same oil at the same temperature to the same level of doneness and seasoned the same way simply because they were cut with wavy edges.

Maybe you’ve just never had crinkle fries that were cooked properly. There is nothing inherently flawed about crinkle fries compared to straight-cut fries.

Crinkle fries don’t “suck” compared to another french fry cut from the same potato and cooked in the same oil at the same temperature to the same level of doneness and seasoned the same way simply because they were cut with wavy edges.

Wrong. Crinkle fries suck.

Steak fries are the best.
03683f2d-7a9d-4dd0-9a88-0526f373bfca_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
Obvious answer is too obvious.

Some call it overrated though because someone told them they hate the gheys... and they believed it.

So while the massive lines say most of society can agree...HORT cannot.
If they would turn over the reigns to a typical Chick-Fil-a drive thru staff of high-schoolers, I'd be all for government run healthcare.

Well-made steak fries are excellent. Problem is, few places do them right. Often mushy and/or cold inside.
100% agree, when ever I think of steak fries I think of red robin and they are usually not good there.

Reactions: torbee
They don't exist around here but COOKOUT is the best fast foot restaurant I have ever been to. Quick, lots of choices, fresh, cheap, etc.

d9741cfa-5dfb-48c5-8773-33b77be23ac5.jpg

XSxpinPulwlIsBh-800x450-noPad.jpg

If they would turn over the reigns to a typical Chick-Fil-a drive thru staff of high-schoolers, I'd be all for government run healthcare.
I mean... I suppose when Kamala's absent-mindely touting our strategic alliance with North Korea and Joe is forgetting about whether people are alive or not, it's not a bad thought. The Chik fil a drive through staff is always switched on. Give them an iPad and a positive attitude and they're golden...

Wrong. Crinkle fries suck.
You sound like the guys who always complain about QC-style pizza because it’s cut into strips.

“I know it’s exactly the same ingredients but I don’t like the shape!”

Reactions: torbee
They don't exist around here but COOKOUT is the best fast foot restaurant I have ever been to. Quick, lots of choices, fresh, cheap, etc.

d9741cfa-5dfb-48c5-8773-33b77be23ac5.jpg

XSxpinPulwlIsBh-800x450-noPad.jpg

The only time I went to a Cookout in NC, I got a burger with a bunch of bacon cheese and onions and took a bite and thought it was Bland. I opened it up and there was no effing burger. They somehow forgot the burger IN my burger, it was just bun and toppings. Then when I complained the a$$hat manager said I must have kept the patty was trying to get a double on the house.

You sound like the guys who always complain about QC-style pizza because it’s cut into strips.

Eh, QC-style pizza IS different. I made it at home once because of a dare on here and it’s quite different from most other crusts. It’s got a LOT of malt syrup in it to the point that nutritionally it probably looks like a cake and you put seasonings like paprika and oregano INTO the dough. I can’t say I really care for the crust compared to other styles. And the sauce has a fair amount of cayenne, red pepper flakes and fennel seed which I personally like but could see people easily getting turned off as that’s not typical pizza sauce ingredients.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Hardee's frisco burger with curly fries is tasty. A calorie bomb and the price has crept up, so may not make it through this process.

The only time I went to a Cookout in NC, I got a burger with a bunch of bacon cheese and onions and took a bite and thought it was Bland. I opened it up and there was no effing burger. They somehow forgot the burger IN my burger, it was just bun and toppings. Then when I complained the a$$hat manager said I must have kept the patty was trying to get a double on the house.
Pocket patties!

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Eh, QC-style pizza IS different. I made it at home once because of a dare on here and it’s quite different from most other crusts. It’s got a LOT of malt syrup in it to the point that nutritionally it probably looks like a cake and you put seasonings like paprika and oregano INTO the dough. I can’t say I really care for the crust compared to other styles. And the sauce has a fair amount of cayenne, red pepper flakes and fennel seed which I personally like but could see people easily getting turned off as that’s not typical pizza sauce ingredients.
True, QC-style pizza does have other differences besides the shape of the cut.

But in the case of crinkle fries, if you take a potato and cut half of it into crinkle fries and cut the other half into straight fries and cook them in the same oil for the same amount of time and season them identically then it seems kind of silly to say the crinkle fries suck just because they have wavy edges.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D and torbee
My vote is Whataburger.

1) Is not overrated-they have great burgers, especially their seasonal specialty burgers, solid chicken sandwiches and outstanding hangover breakfast food, especially their taquitos.
2) Is not overpriced-Right in line with large bottom end fast food like McDs and Burger King etc.
3) The fries do not suck. - Not only are their McDoanldslike fries good, but they have their own "Fancy" ketchup that many ketchup connoisseurs consider among the best ketchups in the world.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I think Culver's fits the bill. For the quality (which is high) it is not overpriced, although it isn't super cheap.

They have crinkle cut fries that are never soggy or cold. Stellar burgers. Interesting alternative sandwiches and other dinner items. And they make awesome frozen custard.

Restaurants are always very clean and well-run. No weird closures or religious controversies either.

A++
I love Culver's but they are not nationwide.

It's not the shape, it's what's in the crust.

My vote is Whataburger.

1) Is not overrated-they have great burgers, especially their seasonal specialty burgers, solid chicken sandwiches and outstanding hangover breakfast food, especially their taquitos.
2) Is not overpriced-Right in line with large bottom end fast food like McDs and Burger King etc.
3) The fries do not suck. - Not only are their McDoanldslike fries good, but they have their own "Fancy" ketchup that many ketchup connoisseurs consider among the best ketchups in the world.
I've only eaten at Whataburger once out in West Texas. It was legit. Wished we had them up north here.

While driving through Oklahoma I saw signs for this place called Freddy's that looked like the southern states version of Culver's. Never tried it but it looked good.

Reactions: noleclone2
I've only eaten at Whataburger once out in West Texas. It was legit. Wished we had them up north here.

While driving through Oklahoma I saw signs for this place called Freddy's that looked like the southern states version of Culver's. Never tried it but it looked good.
We have a Freddy's in Davenport. The burgers are comparable to Culvers, but they have shoe string fries instead of crinkle cut. It is pretty good.

True, QC-style pizza does have other differences besides the shape of the cut.

But in the case of crinkle fries, if you take a potato and cut half of it into crinkle fries and cut the other half into straight fries and cook them in the same oil for the same amount of time and season them identically then it seems kind of silly to say the crinkle fries suck just because they have wavy edges.

It is more the texture. I like thin-cut fries. The crinkle cut are always thick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT