ADVERTISEMENT

Fat Shaming

In a perfect world, nobody would make fun of anybody for anything. That’s not reality. Why is poking fun at someone’s weight off limits? Especially when it’s mostly the fault of the person for being fat. “Fat shaming”? Give me a break, it’s making fun of a fat person. I was a fat kid growing up, and yes I got a lot of shit for it. It was tough being a fat kid, but you know what? I did something about it and I’ve been a regular at the gym for over 16 years. Don’t wanna get made fun of for being fat? Do something about it.

Edit: I wanna be clear, I never make fun of a person because of their weight, I just think it’s ridiculous we have a special term for specifically making fun of fat people.

Im 6'4 and about 230. By modern BMI standards, I'm extremely overweight but dont feel like it.

I am 6'1'' and 230. By BMI standards, I am obese. While my gym routine has suffered with a 22 month old baby, I still have a 50'' chest and 36'' waist. A couple months back at the gym and I'm golden. At 47, I'll take it.

When a guy like Trump makes fun of people all the time and shames them in public, I don't think he or his supporters get to tell others not to make fun of him.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Trump has made his bed here.

I don't care if we make fun of Trump,... I just think it's a bit overboard for the media to question this physician so aggressively....

I don't care if we make fun of Trump,... I just think it's a bit overboard for the media to question this physician so aggressively....
Could you give me some examples of the media aggressively questioning the physician?

I'm not saying you are wrong just haven't seen anything to that end.

Is this now cool again? It appears so.
I'm not for bullying but for the able-bodied being fat is a product of lots of bad life choices and there should some feeling of shame. I hit my peak weight at the end of 2017. Not crazy overweight just not a weight that I felt good about or was healthy. i had some resulting health issues for which I should have felt shame. I have cut way back on drinking, dieted pretty stringently, and began to exercise a little bit in 2018. Down about 11 pounds so far. Hoping to lose another 30 by Memorial Day, at which point I'll be at an optimal 190. Hopefully once there shame will stop bad choices from piling up again...

Reactions: BrianNole09
Nobody would say a word if it weren't #FakeNews. That's the point here. This is another obvious lie so people are cracking jokes and calling them out on it. It's another example of lies being told when there is zero reason to do so.

When a guy like Trump makes fun of people all the time and shames them in public, I don't think he or his supporters get to tell others not to make fun of him.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Trump has made his bed here.

Hasn’t he specifically called people fat and disgusting to the media? How anybody defends him on this topic is amazing.

If someone is overweight, then usually their relatives,
(parents, spouse, siblings) try to suggest it would be
healthy for them to lose some weight. Relatives are
the people who love the overweight person and want
them to live a healthy lifestyle.

Apparently, none of Donald Trump's relatives love
him enough to tell him the truth about his overweight
problem.

Is this now cool again? It appears so.
If you're talking about my thread. I haven't read the entire thing but the intent of the thread was to question the accuracy of the information given by the WH physical. Nothing to do with shaming.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Hasn’t he specifically called people fat and disgusting to the media? How anybody defends him on this topic is amazing.
It amazes me that people continue to stick their neck out for someone so vile and mean.

For decades, Trump has commented on other people’s bodies, particularly women who he believes had gained too much weight or were, in his word, “fat.” The recurring habit flared again this week when the Republican presidential nominee attacked the size of a Miss Universe winner, claiming she had gained “a massive amount of weight” while she wore the pageant’s crown and that “it was a real problem.”

Trump called actress Rosie O’Donnell a “fat pig” and said she has a “fat, ugly face.” He said singer Jennifer Lopez has a “fat a--” and said reality television star Kim Kardashian had “gotten a little large”during her pregnancy. He kept a “fat photo” of one employee whose weight fluctuated in a drawer and told an overweight executive, “you like your candy,” according to the employees.

To be fair, I think they should ask lots of questions.

The health of the President is a public matter to some extent. When the report comes back that he is in "excellent health" despite being considered obese by some standards, I think it is fair to question the physician on that assessment.

Trump looks much much larger than 239 and I cannot imagine any doctor claiming a 71 year old who is obese and eats McDonalds constantly as having excellent health. I would be ( and am) highly skeptical of that doctor's assessment.

Its been said already in this thread, but I think it deserves repeating. This is a man who has regularly made fun of his opponents physical looks and features. Its hypocritical of him and his supporters to play the victim role now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT