ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite non-hawks

SASHmoney

HR All-State
Jan 3, 2004
What are some guys past or present you enjoy/enjoyed watching or pull for when they’re not going against Iowa?

For me presently I like watching Yianni Diakomihalis and I pull for Chance Marsteller. Alex Dieringer and imart were guys I pulled for recently too. Any favorites for you all?

Reactions: slushhead
I wouldn't say I root for any non hawks really but I enjoy watching nolf and bo nickal.. also always fun to watch dake and Jordan Burroughs.. I guess when I'm not watching hawks exclusively I enjoy watching excellent wrestlers.
I'll say my favorite "style" to watch in general is the Hawkeye style that Tom and Terry brands had but I can appreciate any great wrestling

Present would easily be Nolf or maybe Nickal
Recent Past: Dake, Deiringer, Ruth or anybody that beat Taylor
Past: This hurts to say but Carl
Old School: Smith & Gable

Some not so favorites: Berger, Rutherford, Taylor, Molinari, Caldwell, Hendricks, Lesner.

Let me preface this by saying these are guys I try to always catch when they're on the mat. A few of them I've NEVER rooted for;
Lee Kemp
Mark Churella
Nate Carr
Kenny Monday
Dave Schultz
Johnnie Thompson
Jake Herbert
Ben Askren (Until he wrestled Luedke and shot his mouth off)
Eric Grajales
Isaiah Martinez
Kyle Dake (Loved when he beat Taylor, hated that he stalled two periods against St. John and needed some favorable calls to beat Marion)
Zahid Valencia (Except when he wrestles Hall - Hall is in his head)
Seth Gross
Yianni Diakamilhalis
Tariq Wilson
Kyle Conel (The few matches I've seen)
Myles Martin
Jason Nolf
Bo Nickal
Edit; Forgot Stephen Neal (and I'm sure some others)

Last edited:
Reactions: SASHmoney
Present
D. Lewis, JoJo, Miklus, Massa, Parris, Moisey, Eierman, Labriola

Past
Ryan Lewis, Fleeger, Herbert, IMar, D. Ness, D. Caldwell, Esposito, B. Askren, Honeycutt, Dubuque, Becker, Jaggers, Rowlands, NaTo, Realbuto, Letters, Gwiz, D. Carter, Walz, McMullan, Steinhaus, Storley, Ware, Delgado (Fr. & So. version), and a bunch that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Reactions: SASHmoney
Active college guys I enjoy: micic, yianni, eirmann, mauller, nolf, vincenzo, Lewis, martin, nickal and steveson.

Guys I dislike watching (not that it was questioned): Berger, mark hall, Weigel and tanner hall (thankfully I dont need to watch him this season)

Present
D. Lewis, JoJo, Miklus, Massa, Parris, Moisey, Eierman, Labriola

Past
Ryan Lewis, Fleeger, Herbert, IMar, D. Ness, D. Caldwell, Esposito, B. Askren, Honeycutt, Dubuque, Becker, Jaggers, Rowlands, NaTo, Realbuto, Letters, Gwiz, D. Carter, Walz, McMullan, Steinhaus, Storley, Ware, Delgado (Fr. & So. version), and a bunch that aren't coming to me at the moment.
Odd present list for a guy that complained a lot about a certain wrestler being held out. I would say you are a liar if you say you would tune into over half of your present list ahead of Lee, DeSanto, or Marinelli.

Odd present list for a guy that complained a lot about a certain wrestler being held out. I would say you are a liar if you say you would tune into over half of your present list ahead of Lee, DeSanto, or Marinelli.

Not sure what your problem is. The thread subject is non-Hawks. And my list is based on a variety of factors that do not weight equally among wrestlers and most certainly do not require your approval.

Not sure what your problem is. The thread subject is non-Hawks. And my list is based on a variety of factors that do not weight equally among wrestlers and most certainly do not require your approval.
My bad on the thread title. I think the intention was for Hawk fans to post non hawks. You "guests" would post wrestlers not affiliated with your team. My apologies if that isn't accurate with the OP.

McPillin every thread turns to shit with all the trolls so maybe worry about yourself.

Reactions: natchrlman
Past: Ben Askren and a random one but AJ Shopp.

Current: Zahid Valencia and Eierman

McPillin every thread turns to shit with all the trolls so maybe worry about yourself.

Look into this:

61Vvgxk7PSL._SL1500_.jpg

You single handedly make HR very difficult to read. I've reached my end of tolerance for you. You have now doubled my ignore list. We8iast won't be lonely anymore.

This is a good topic. Lets get back on track.

Current:
Nolf - obviously an amazing wrestler but what I really like is his mean streak that he just barely keeps in check. It came out at the end of the Buffalo match, facemush and a cradle slam?? Damn.. I really, really want to see him do more of that.

Yianni - so smooth, crazy flexibility.

past:

Imar - brute. Loved how he just overpowered people with his underhook series

Ben Askren - just wrecked dudes his jr and sr years. Very impressive.

Dylan Ness - seemed like he could a pin at any time from any position.

Scott Moore - how could you not like someone that regularly pinned D1 opponents with a headlock?

Even though he ended up a Hawk, I would have to put my favorite at being Ray Brinzer. He always made his matches interesting as it seemed like he made moves up as the match progressed. Would love if we had that style of funk with some of our guys now. Another would be Ben Askren for obvious reasons.

BRING BACK THE FUNK!!

I’d root for Drew Foster against anyone. He is my favorite in D1 right now.

All-time: Cary Kolat and J. Jaggers. I absolutely loved watching Jaggers cradle people from the craziest positions.

Current-Yianni,Nickal

Past-Jim Gibbons, Dave Schultz, Kirk Myers, Brian Snyder, Nate Carr, Coleman Scott .

Least favorite, by far..........drum roll....
Johnny (Tap Out) Hendricks.

Past Hawks: Mark Perry, Luke Moffitt, Mike Zadick, Mark Ironside

Non hawks: Nolf, Zahid, Bryan Snyder

Current-Yianni,Nickal

Past-Jim Gibbons, Dave Schultz, Kirk Myers, Brian Snyder, Nate Carr, Coleman Scott .

Least favorite, by far..........drum roll....
Johnny (Tap Out) Hendricks.

Least favorites...

Current... undoubtedly Daton Fix. He is boring in every way, on and off the mat and bad for the sport due to his boring, unlikable ways.

All-time? Jeesh... it’s probably Fix. I don’t know if I have ever wanted someone to lose so badly as I do Fix, every time he steps on the mat.

Reactions: natchrlman
Current: Nolf and Nickel. For pure entertainment value, I'll add in A.Gomez.

Past: TJ Jaworsky, Mike Land, Stephen Neal, Brian Dolph

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT