ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Mom and dad Ferrari aren’t doing a great job, rolling out the red carpet for the “clan” isn’t going to age well.

It will be the opposite of "rolling out the red carpet for the clan". The youngest? Sure. The other two... I dont think it takes a genius to know they are both getting dangerously close to the end of the line. For as goofy as they seem, they are also monsters in the room and by all accounts their work ethic has never been questioned. Its up to TnT to get them to understand that Iowa will be their last chance at high level collegiate wrestling, and I have no doubt they will/have done that. You can call it a "come to jesus moment" if you will, but at the end of the day, thats what it will be. Stick to the program, discipline on and off the mat, and they will be fine. If they dont? Well...

True, but what are the facts? We seem to know the allegations.

And yes, I agree with all here that the social media posts are BS, but then I think all social media is BS. BTW, is this social media? Because if it is, I'm going to have to drop out because I'm not on any of it.
The driving exhibition was enough for me. Wanton disregard for others. I'm pretty sure the incident was pretty factual. The video of him and the striking dummy shows me how clueless and vain AJ is. But hey, go for it.

So someone that young is irredeemable already?? Many here are saying there is 100% chance he makes same mistakes over and over forever, even being in a stricter environment. Does anyone think ADS would have turned out as good as he did if he stayed at Drexel?? ...

DeSantos' issues were only on the mat. I've never met him but pretty much everyone who has seems to say that he is polite, humble and and well-behaved in real life. Those are adjectives that are never used in connection with the Ferrari's.

Ok enemy. And I'm not impressed with you either, so we are even.

This post is in re to your delusion of then and now. Let's dig in, when were you on campus and what sort of exposure to athletes did you have?

I'm certainly not going to name names or even discuss incidents, but anyone who was around back then knows fool well the code of conduct and enforcement thereof was WAY different. If you are claiming otherwise, as you explicitly have been doing, then you are delusional.
have no idea why how many athletes I knew/know has any bearing on bringing the two older brothers on board should not be considered a risk to our program. however, to answer your question my exposure to athletes was virtually daily. many are still close friends. I’m done here. my view has been made clear and you can continue posting that i’m not an Iowa fan because I disagree with you. you are wrong and not worth any additional effort.

True, but what are the facts? We seem to know the allegations.

And yes, I agree with all here that the social media posts are BS, but then I think all social media is BS. BTW, is this social media? Because if it is, I'm going to have to drop out because I'm not on any of it.

Nicolls... my guy. I already posted it. He is pleading guilty to 2 counts of misdemeanor assault and battery.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

Furthermore... and this is the concerning part, the specific violation - 21 O.S. 644 is:

C. Any person who commits any assault and battery against a current or former intimate partner or a family or household member as defined by Section 60.1 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes shall be guilty of domestic abuse

This wasn't hard to find - so I have no idea if the parties accepting Anthony are doing their due diligence. This young man is LITERALLY guilty of domestic abuse. It's not getting dropped (blind plea), and even if there is no prison time or fine - he did it. Those are facts.

So again, Tom is taking a HUGE risk here.

Nicolls... my guy. I already posted it. He is pleading guilty to 2 counts of misdemeanor assault and battery.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

Furthermore... and this is the concerning part, the specific violation - 21 O.S. 644 is:

C. Any person who commits any assault and battery against a current or former intimate partner or a family or household member as defined by Section 60.1 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes shall be guilty of domestic abuse

This wasn't hard to find - so I have no idea if the parties accepting Anthony are doing their due diligence. This young man is LITERALLY guilty of domestic abuse. It's not getting dropped (blind plea), and even if there is no prison time or fine - he did it. Those are facts.

Where are you seeing "C" being part of the charge? I don't see it specificed on the docket anywhere.

Where are you seeing "C" being part of the charge? I don't see it specificed on the docket anywhere.

So ABGEN is the charge. The specific violation is 21 O.S. 644. So read through all them - it also has sentencing guidelines. What it's telling you is that this specific "assault and battery" - is an assault and battery against a intimate partner. You won't see "C" in the general charge.

So ABGEN is the charge. The specific violation is 21 O.S. 644. So read through all them - it also has sentencing guidelines. What it's telling you is that this specific "assault and battery" - is an assault and battery against a intimate partner. You won't see "C" in the general charge.

But why are you concluding it is C he's being charged with and not A or B?

But why are you concluding it is C he's being charged with and not A or B?

Sooo... you didn't even read it.

A and B are both sentencing guidelines. So he's guilty of C, D or E.

C - assault and battery of intimate partner

D - bodily harm to intimate partner or member of family

E - shoots an intimate partner or family member by means of any deadly weapon

So take your pick, its either one or a combination of the above. I'd say those are pretty damn serious. And if you know anything about these types of crimes, the likelihood that they don't repeat or get escalated is SMALL.

Reactions: nitlion6

So take your pick, its either one or a combination of the above. I'd say those are pretty damn serious. And if you know anything about these types of crimes, the likelihood that they don't repeat or get escalated is SMALL.
The way I read it, D and E are automatic felonies in the state of Oklahoma:

Oklahoma Assault and Battery, in violation of 21 O.S. 644

D. 1. Any person who, with intent to do bodily harm and without justifiable or excusable cause, commits any assault, battery, or assault and battery upon an intimate partner or a family or household member as defined by Section 60.1 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes with any sharp or dangerous weapon, upon conviction, is guilty of domestic assault or domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon which shall be a FELONY and punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding ten (10) years, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year. The provisions of Section 51.1 of this title shall apply to any second or subsequent conviction for a violation of this paragraph.
2. Any person who, without such cause, shoots an intimate partner or a family or household member as defined by Section 60.1 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes by means of any deadly weapon that is likely to produce death shall, upon conviction, be guilty of domestic assault and battery with a deadly weapon which shall be a FELONY punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding life. The provisions of Section 51.1 of this title shall apply to any second or subsequent conviction for a violation of this paragraph.
E. Any person convicted of domestic abuse committed against a pregnant woman with knowledge of the pregnancy shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one (1) year.
Any person convicted of a second or subsequent offense of domestic abuse against a pregnant woman with knowledge of the pregnancy shall be guilty of a FELONY, punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not less than ten (10) years.
Any person convicted of domestic abuse committed against a pregnant woman with knowledge of the pregnancy and a miscarriage occurs or injury to the unborn child occurs shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not less than twenty (20) years.
Taking a look at Anthony's charges, it's pretty clear it falls under C..

C. Any person who commits any assault and battery against a current or former intimate partner or a family or household member as defined by Section 60.1 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes shall be guilty of domestic abuse. Upon conviction, the defendant shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one (1) year, or by a fine not exceeding Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
The charges were also filed on 08/22/2022 under CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR INITIAL FILING, so the charges were never reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor: State of Oklahoma v. Ferrari, Anthony Vincent

Based on everything I have read and seen this week, my guess is Anthony got into a physical altercation with his girlfriend who was supposedly sleeping with his teammate, Mastrogiovanni.

It is a well known fact that Gable made adjustments in the 80’s to the type of conduct he allowed on the team, he openly admitted his part in allowing poor behavior.
Tom Brands will not jeopardize his job or the wrestling programs future. He is acutely aware of the “I told you so scenario.” At the end of the day the university will be held accountable. I can’t think for a minute legal counsel isn’t being consulted. Do we really think otherwise? Yes, the University has made huge mistakes which I don’t condone.
At the end of the day, the choices to be made will be well thought out, including possible legal ramifications. Tom Brands will not be left out on his own to burn.

I'm sure he will answer for himself; however, I have seen him state otherwise.
I see the charges and statue's. Without reading thru them all, the charge selected is broad. We'll see what the judge does at sentencing. However, I still stand with: If the U let's em in, and Tom believes he can deal with them, I'm good with it

have no idea why how many athletes I knew/know has any bearing on bringing the two older brothers on board should not be considered a risk to our program. however, to answer your question my exposure to athletes was virtually daily. many are still close friends. I’m done here. my view has been made clear and you can continue posting that i’m not an Iowa fan because I disagree with you. you are wrong and not worth any additional effort.
Ok you are done, Stud the Judge. You are right, by your own decree and I'm wrong. Got it.

Last edited:
It is social media btw.
Uh oh, this is a serious line I've then crossed.

I always looked at HR as an information board. See threads like: the pbp's (thanks Val, for those times I couldn't get to a TV, or how to get a feed from either Flo or ISU site that time, or Todd Connor's articles (to whom I contribute), or info on wrestlers going up/down/transferring/committing etc etc and a whole host of other threads which are informational

And pointing out how the program has changed to where we are on par with PSU

Now I'm gonna have to re-think if HR is classified as Social Media.

What am I not reading correctly? We are looking at the same things you linked. A through J all list different sentencing guidelines. You can see his two counts listed on the docket are both assault and battery, which would indicate he'll face the sentencing under B.

You made me laugh a bit --- usually people just ignore me! :confused: I certainly didn't mean for my comments to come across as judgemental or pious --- the post isn't about me, I was simply saying that I cheer for athletes who are of high character, humble and respectful.
doza i know you as a good dude,not trying to start crap with you.i believe i am mostly thoughful and try to do right,when i was their age i am sure there were some who questioned my morals. i now try not to be judgemental specially with internet news.i'm sure gross was high morals i never rooted for him, evans was colorful always pulled for him.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Ok enemy. And I'm not impressed with you either, so we are even.

This post is in re to your delusion of then and now. Let's dig in, when were you on campus and what sort of exposure to athletes did you have?

I'm certainly not going to name names or even discuss incidents, but anyone who was around back then knows fool well the code of conduct and enforcement thereof was WAY different. If you are claiming otherwise, as you explicitly have been doing, then you are delusional.
Agree, I was in a national fraternity at another college that had a chapter in Iowa city, so we would party with them , and many of the local frat guys told us there were wrestlers who lived in the meat market bars and would basically have a contest each weekend for would could nail the most women. This was under Gable, so some you you could accuse him of being a win at all cost coach also. I’m sure all of kales recruits over the year were not perfect gentalmen to women either. I don’t think they would have offered Anthony, and I don’t think he have publicly committed if they weren’t very confident this legal problem is going to be done with soon, with a good outcome for Anthony.

Agree, I was in a national fraternity at another college that had a chapter in Iowa city, so we would party with them , and many of the local frat guys told us there were wrestlers who lived in the meat market bars and would basically have a contest each weekend for would could nail the most women. This was under Gable, so some you you could accuse him of being a win at all cost coach also. I’m sure all of kales recruits over the year were not perfect gentalmen to women either. I don’t think they would have offered Anthony, and I don’t think he have publicly committed if they weren’t very confident this legal problem is going to be done with soon, with a good outcome for Anthony.
Unless you’re implying it was nonconsensual, that’s a far cry from what AJ did.

My whole house did that. We also had a contest on who could not beat it for the longest. I lost in 6 hours .. funny part one of my roommates lost in 20 min

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
You're like 75 years old so I doubt you were hanging out downtown with the athletes while Gable was in charge.

Reactions: Grip220 and Gobblin
Uh oh, this is a serious line I've then crossed.

I always looked at HR as an information board. See threads like: the pbp's (thanks Val, for those times I couldn't get to a TV, or how to get a feed from either Flo or ISU site that time, or Todd Connor's articles (to whom I contribute), or info on wrestlers going up/down/transferring/committing etc etc and a whole host of other threads which are informational

And pointing out how the program has changed to where we are on par with PSU

Now I'm gonna have to re-think if HR is classified as Social Media

There is no social Media site in the World that would claim "The Cesspool". We just don't belong anywhere close to real Social Media. :cool:

P.S. We are closer to Twilight zone than Social Media.

Last edited:
What am I not reading correctly? We are looking at the same things you linked. A through J all list different sentencing guidelines. You can see his two counts listed on the docket are both assault and battery, which would indicate he'll face the sentencing under B.
You are reading correctly from everything I read as well.

Plea agreements are to get lesser charges especially when the risk of fighting it is a felony. The SA gets the conviction and maybe the evidence maybe weak. You wouldn’t believe what they do here in Chicago. Down state suspended drivers are jailed, in crook county the charges will be dismissed and murders can get out on bond. What I’ve witnessed happen in court is baffling at times. The value of life doesn’t mean much to many here.

My opinion with the family. It doesn’t matter. They probably won’t call me to ask so if it happens I hope it turns out well and I’d say if anyone can cause the change it is probably this program, but the desire to change for the better needs to come from the individual.

Last edited:
Our metric was total weight- hogging

You're like 75 years old so I doubt you were hanging out downtown with the athletes while Gable was in charge.
need to quit checking the forum…keep dragging me in. I never stated that I was hanging out down town with athletes during the 80’s or 90’s. I was asked what if any association I had with athletes while in school. I did work with many during that time frame, however. none of which is relevant to this discussion.

I believe he was charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony with plea deal for lighter punishment
The charge is a misdemeanor. He has entered a blind plea meaning he admits guilt but does not agree with any plea deal that may have been offered.
So he has admitted to domestic abuse/ assault and battery as a misdemeanor not felony and is willing to have the judge decide straight up the sentencing.
To some degree they try to be put on the misdemeanor docket when there is a judge who has a tendency to be more lenient to those charges. Domestic abuse is rightfully frowned heavily upon by most judges, but does not mean he could not get a deferred judgement or suspended sentence. He could also get the year in jail and or $5000 fine. If he gets the year in jail he isn't wrestling now or later at Iowa.
Having taught batterers education in the State of Iowa for many years, I would assume he will have to go through a similar program in Oklahoma. They require treatment in Oklahoma and my assumption would be he will be on probation while fulfilling those requirements. He would have to be on interstate compact to transfer probation to Iowa and that isn't a given, that would be granted. Johnson County is not an easy road probation wise for domestic abuse. Batterers Education is no joke and no excuses. There is no tolerance for missing a class, there is no excuse for any type of abuse, you must admit in front of the group details of your abusive behavior and above all must show some genuine remorse for what you did. A person will not finish group until all the conditions have been met. As a facilitator, you have access to the details so there is no fluff. The peers you're with and listening to some heinous acts that have been committed, is quite sobering. The only thing worse is some sex offenders groups.

Last edited:
need to quit checking the forum…keep dragging me in. I never stated that I was hanging out down town with athletes during the 80’s or 90’s. I was asked what if any association I had with athletes while in school. I did work with many during that time frame, however. none of which is relevant to this discussion.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

• Haha
Reactions: Kwoodhawk
I will be at least mildly surprised if either of the older two brothers end up attending Iowa, let alone ever seeing the mat. My gut says this is all much ado about nothing but maybe that’s just dinner settling poorly.

This.

If this is the master plan to get back in the game it's not a good sign. There are too many things about this that could blow up in their faces for it to be what they are hanging their hats on. If this isn't a great if it works out kind of a thing, if this is considered the solution then we won't be a team threat any time soon.

• Haha
Reactions: wrestlecrazy

Those are not “facts”. Those are accusations which do not always tell the entire story. If they are/were facts, he would be going to jail. it is domestic violence if one person pushes another causing that person to fall. Also it is domestic violence if one person beats that same person badly causing significant injuries. We do not know exactly what happened, only what the accuser reports. The police reports do not tell what the defendant states.

I think you are wrong about this. Section 644 is all just sentencing guidelines, and sections C, D, and E and are just automatic escalators to the penalties (i.e. section C says if the ABGEN you are guilty of is against a domestic partner or family member, the punishment is greater). The actual crimes are defined in section 641 (assault) ad 642 (battery). Sections A & B of 644 are the punishment for just simple assault or assault & battery. The rest of it is for increased charges under the extenuating circumstances.

Anthony's case details indicates assault and battery, which without any of the other extenuating circumstances, would be punished under section B of 644. Assault and battery means he actually did commit violence against the other party (assault just requires the threat of violence). In other words, it sounds like he clocked somebody somewhere along the line. I couldn't find anything related to domestic partner for his case. Jail time is not mandatory under 644 Section B, so I'm guessing he'll get off with a fine and that's the end of it. With that said, it's still a big risk to take him in to the program. He still committed assault and battery against someone and still has a history that is longer than just this charge, but I don't think this is necessarily indicative of domestic violence.

AJ's case is totally different and far more serious because it is sexual battery. He is looking at real jail time if he's not cleared (or charges dropped) and sex offender registry. There is no program, Iowa or otherwise, that is going to take him without a positive resolution to those charges.

Reactions: vhsalum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT