ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari's

I don't share anyone's confidence in Tom & Terry's magical ability to shapeshift the Ferraris into the Steiners. I will be awed if the Ferraris can make it through a single photo op without flexing. They're high-risk, high-reward. I'm hoping for the best, but let's be honest, the entire strategy is hope.

BTW, does anyone have any opinions about Trump or Biden to share?

I don't share anyone's confidence in Tom & Terry's magical ability to shapeshift the Ferraris into the Steiners. I will be awed if the Ferraris can make it through a single photo op without flexing. They're high-risk, high-reward. I'm hoping for the best, but let's be honest, the entire strategy is hope.

BTW, does anyone have any opinions about Trump or Biden to share?

You pot stirring mofo

This is my attempt to start a thread in hoping it will not get hijacked by the cesspool political junkies.
Let me know what is fact, speculation, and fiction.

What we know: Anthony Ferrari is the middle brother. Anthony was between 15-30 p4p in his class ranking. Anthony has signed with Iowa and is in Iowa City training with the HWC. He is taking classes at a CC assuming Kirkwood to get eligible for 2nd semester. Anthony will have all of his eligibility remaining including a red shirt as if he were a true freshman. His ideal weight seems to be 157 but he said in an interview he could wrestle anywhere for the team from 149-165.

Angelo Ferrari has committed to Iowa. Angelo is the youngest brother. He is a senior in HS wrestling in Texas. He is a top 5 p4p wrestler in his class. Projected to wrestle 74/84. Angelo has said in an interview that he would like to wrestle as a true freshman.

AJ Ferrari, the oldest brother. Won a national title for okie st at 197 in 2021. 2022 he got in the car accident for driving recklessly and also was accused of sexual assault of some kind. John Smith kicked him off the team. He has recently had the sexual assault charges dropped. I believe AJ would have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Speculation: AJ and Anthony are trying to get their ducks in a row, trying to get enrolled for 2nd semester starting in January. Sounds like AJ has gotten pretty big on his time off. AJ would slot in nicely at 197 as I have that currently being our weakest weight. AJ is going to be a very big 197er. Would be really nice to have the option to have him at HWT in the future if Kueter ends up going the football route.

Questions: What hoops do AJ and Anthony have to jump through to get accepted and enrolled 2nd semester? Is it class related, number of credits, getting grades up, background check?

Over/Under: 5.5 National titles won by the Ferrari's
I'm going to say under though my opinion is without any facts to support it other than that we know AJ has already won one. I just want to see more of the goods before saying they'll win more than a few. AJ clearly has the goods physically but will his brain housing group stay in tact to win a couple more? As for the youngsters seeing is believing and I haven't seen it yet.

Do you guys think the loser of Caliendo/Kennedy transfer out next year?
Only way I see them sticking around is if Angelo red shirts and Gabe goes 184 and I don’t see either of that happening.

Yes I did, I still maintain that you and many others will be eating their words.

I agree there is an element of uncertainty that will be lingering for a while IF in fact
AJ becomes a Hawk, but the negativity from you and many others regarding the family and the two other brothers is completely unfound and quite frankly embarrassing.
How do you and many others justify condemning the rest of the family for the stupidity of AJ?
I don’t like the antics, Im more of a act like you have been there type of guy. I can deal with the flexing and the unnecessary BS talking if the coaches think they can keep it under control.
We want championships we want top wrestlers! That is what we are getting, and I hope its all 3.

Lol

Oh wait…you’re serious.

Now will that be a rental for the night? LOL!
Do you guys think the loser of Caliendo/Kennedy transfer out next year?
Only way I see them sticking around is if Angelo red shirts and Gabe goes 184 and I don’t see either of that happening.
Caliendo will not be transferring since he just transferred to Iowa. Kennedy could transfer without sitting out.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Caliendo will not be transferring since he just transferred to Iowa. Kennedy could transfer without sitting out.
I'm hoping one of them can take a shirt year for one of the years, and other than that who knows. I know for sure that if I'm one of the best 8 in the country I am not willing to ride the pine if the right opportunity comes calling. Hope they both stay but understand either way...

Reactions: MitchLL

The sit out rule doesn’t apply to graduate transfers so he doesn’t necessarily have to sit out, depending on his status.

I'm hoping one of them can take a shirt year for one of the years, and other than that who knows. I know for sure that if I'm one of the best 8 in the country I am not willing to ride the pine if the right opportunity comes calling. Hope they both stay but understand either way...

They have both already redshirted. Kennedy even used a covid year. He has 2 years left after this season, as does Caliendo.

Think they both used redshirt, but maybe Kennedy has Olympic shirt to use. He sat behind bull for two years, so I doubt he wants to sit anymore.

If, a big if, all brothers stay out of trouble and in fact finish there wrestling careers at Iowa. I would say AJ wins 2 more, Angelo wins 2, and Anthony has a chance at 1. That’s my reasoning for setting the over/under at 5.5.
Pretty fair, could see AJ running the table, Angelo might even be better then him? Don't sleep on Anthony either! My $$$$ is on the over. I think if Angelo was going to any other school they would rank him #1 and my feeling is
" just 2 titles" would be a low end.

I want to see what Anthony brings to the table. He is our wild card and I believe the steal of the deal!!!

If they're both career 165s, I'm trying to understand the logic of bringing Caliendo in?
Especially with NIL involved.
The only thing that makes any sense is Brands thought Kennedy was looking at a 1 year suspension and could push a decision to next season.

If they're both career 165s, I'm trying to understand the logic of bringing Caliendo in?
The only thing that makes any sense is Brands thought Kennedy was looking at a 1 year suspension and could push a decision to next season.
Or thought Nelson was done and thought one of them could beef up to 170, but with Gabe coming off redshirt, they would both have 2 years left so you would still have the dilemma. I guess we need a lot of these type of dilemmas to catch Penn state.

Pretty fair, could see AJ running the table, Angelo might even be better then him? Don't sleep on Anthony either! My $$$$ is on the over. I think if Angelo was going to any other school they would rank him #1 and my feeling is
" just 2 titles" would be a low end.

I want to see what Anthony brings to the table. He is our wild card and I believe the steal of the deal!!!
Agree about Anthony, he looks like a very hard worker, is strong as hell for his size, and may do just as well as his brothers, even if he was not as highly ranked in high school. He seems to fit the Brands style and mentality more than the Oklahoma state way. I think Angelo would be smart to redshirt if wants multiple titles, but I think all three of them are in a hurry to move on to MMA, so they don’t want to linger in college for 5 or 6 years.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Or thought Nelson was done and thought one of them could beef up to 170, but with Gabe coming off redshirt, they would both have 2 years left so you would still have the dilemma. I guess we need a lot of these type of dilemmas to catch Penn state.
No. We need top ten kids coming in to compete for national championships. (Gabe may fit that bill.) We’ve had one national champ in the the last five years. That doesn’t cut it. But when recruiting is lagging, we tend to focus our hope on mid-tier guys stepping up their games instead of recruiting guys who are potential champs right out of the gate.

Think they both used redshirt, but maybe Kennedy has Olympic shirt to use. He sat behind bull for two years, so I doubt he wants to sit anymore.
I doubt Kennedy would be eligible anyway, but you can only take Olympic redshirts in Olympic years. This year is one and the next is after his eligibility is up, in 4 years.

Might be on to something with the suspension. But also competition is good. You have a guy in Caliendo that is younger and is at or slightly ahead of Kennedy’s level, but without the high school accolades. Tough to turn down a freshman AA who wants to come.

This is Iowa. It just isn’t acceptable for Kennedy to not make the podium. Get the job done or find someone who will.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
i would offer to keep your Ferrari at my place for you when they aren't wrestling...it just seems like the right thing to do for you...I will pay it forward for you and ill be sure to drive it weekly to keep everything in good condition for you

main-qimg-6933f25f54dff06a254012642fb6eca2

The sit out rule doesn’t apply to graduate transfers so he doesn’t necessarily have to sit out, depending on his status.

They have both already redshirted. Kennedy even used a covid year. He has 2 years left after this season, as does Caliendo.
Thanks Spooner...that's what I was curious about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT