ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari's

Jan 16, 2017
This is my attempt to start a thread in hoping it will not get hijacked by the cesspool political junkies.
Let me know what is fact, speculation, and fiction.

What we know: Anthony Ferrari is the middle brother. Anthony was between 15-30 p4p in his class ranking. Anthony has signed with Iowa and is in Iowa City training with the HWC. He is taking classes at a CC assuming Kirkwood to get eligible for 2nd semester. Anthony will have all of his eligibility remaining including a red shirt as if he were a true freshman. His ideal weight seems to be 157 but he said in an interview he could wrestle anywhere for the team from 149-165.

Angelo Ferrari has committed to Iowa. Angelo is the youngest brother. He is a senior in HS wrestling in Texas. He is a top 5 p4p wrestler in his class. Projected to wrestle 74/84. Angelo has said in an interview that he would like to wrestle as a true freshman.

AJ Ferrari, the oldest brother. Won a national title for okie st at 197 in 2021. 2022 he got in the car accident for driving recklessly and also was accused of sexual assault of some kind. John Smith kicked him off the team. He has recently had the sexual assault charges dropped. I believe AJ would have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Speculation: AJ and Anthony are trying to get their ducks in a row, trying to get enrolled for 2nd semester starting in January. Sounds like AJ has gotten pretty big on his time off. AJ would slot in nicely at 197 as I have that currently being our weakest weight. AJ is going to be a very big 197er. Would be really nice to have the option to have him at HWT in the future if Kueter ends up going the football route.

Questions: What hoops do AJ and Anthony have to jump through to get accepted and enrolled 2nd semester? Is it class related, number of credits, getting grades up, background check?

Over/Under: 5.5 National titles won by the Ferrari's

that's the best clarification of the situation we could ask for...it was sensible and not filled with hate rants and innuendos... almost based entirely on the best available facts... THANK YOU for the WRESTLING INFORMATION on the WRESTLING CHAT !!

This is my attempt to start a thread in hoping it will not get hijacked by the cesspool political junkies.
Let me know what is fact, speculation, and fiction.

What we know: Anthony Ferrari is the middle brother. Anthony was between 15-30 p4p in his class ranking. Anthony has signed with Iowa and is in Iowa City training with the HWC. He is taking classes at a CC assuming Kirkwood to get eligible for 2nd semester. Anthony will have all of his eligibility remaining including a red shirt as if he were a true freshman. His ideal weight seems to be 157 but he said in an interview he could wrestle anywhere for the team from 149-165.

Angelo Ferrari has committed to Iowa. Angelo is the youngest brother. He is a senior in HS wrestling in Texas. He is a top 5 p4p wrestler in his class. Projected to wrestle 74/84. Angelo has said in an interview that he would like to wrestle as a true freshman.

AJ Ferrari, the oldest brother. Won a national title for okie st at 197 in 2021. 2022 he got in the car accident for driving recklessly and also was accused of sexual assault of some kind. John Smith kicked him off the team. He has recently had the sexual assault charges dropped. I believe AJ would have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Speculation: AJ and Anthony are trying to get their ducks in a row, trying to get enrolled for 2nd semester starting in January. Sounds like AJ has gotten pretty big on his time off. AJ would slot in nicely at 197 as I have that currently being our weakest weight. AJ is going to be a very big 197er. Would be really nice to have the option to have him at HWT in the future if Kueter ends up going the football route.

Questions: What hoops do AJ and Anthony have to jump through to get accepted and enrolled 2nd semester? Is it class related, number of credits, getting grades up, background check?

Over/Under: 5.5 National titles won by the Ferrari's
Total NCAA titles or titles for the Hawkeyes? They would have to get 5 more to get to 6 total. I would take the under but would be fine with being wrong if they went over in Hawkeye singlets!

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Under. Way. Closer to 0 than 5.5. But if you ask Spoons, Anthony will win 4 by himself.
Well they already have 1. 3 would be closer to 5.5 than 0. So you are telling me between the 3 Ferrari's they won't win 2 national titles? So you must think these young men are way over-rated. If AJ gets eligible it would not surprise if he won 2 more titles. His biggest issue imo is going to be getting and staying eligible. It would be disappointing if Angelo did not win at least 1 national title. I would project him as winning 2. Anthony is a wildcard. I have seen very little of him wrestling. He strikes me as AA contender every year with the hopes of making and winning a title.

Total NCAA titles or titles for the Hawkeyes? They would have to get 5 more to get to 6 total. I would take the under but would be fine with being wrong if they went over in Hawkeye singlets!
Individual national titles between the 3. As of right now they currently have 1 with AJ winning in 2021.

Anthony is killing it in the room, and if it weren't for Franek, he would be our starter whenever he enrolled. As it stands, he's the heir apparent.

AJ has been in the room a few times. He's still got it.

They're going to be choir boys for a year. But I just don't see this ending well.

Anthony is killing it in the room, and if it weren't for Franek, he would be our starter whenever he enrolled. As it stands, he's the heir apparent.

AJ has been in the room a few times. He's still got it.

They're going to be choir boys for a year. But I just don't see this ending well.
Wait you mean AJ has been wrestling and not just sitting on his couch at home eating Bon Bons. He has actually been training, he has been wrestling and in IOWA??? No way!

I want to be the first one who pulls up to Carver in a Ferrari when they all wrestle together in a home meet.
i would offer to keep your Ferrari at my place for you when they aren't wrestling...it just seems like the right thing to do for you...I will pay it forward for you and ill be sure to drive it weekly to keep everything in good condition for you

I may have missed this, I know both Anthony and Angelo have publicly committed to Iowa and I know Anthony is in Iowa City training. Have they both actually signed there Letter of Intent?
Anthony will sign when he has met the requirements to be accepted for 2nd semester, I'd imagine.

Early signing day is this November (6th - 9th), that is the earliest that Angelo could sign.

Also to the over/under in the OP. I'll take the over all day. It's not a question of wrestling skill, but them meshing with the team and keeping their noses clean. Have heard the same as VHS regarding Anthony and AJ.

I'm sorry, but Brands taking on this clown show just reeks of desperation. Iowa is better than this.
OR, like many IOWA fans state adamantly… they need to bring in the best guys available.
Maybe just maybe, they become a part of IOWAs long tradition of excellence.
I have seen nothing but positivity from all of the other Hawkeye wrestlers and HWC guys, that tells me they are all coming together as a family. I will trust our staff our wrestlers and our former wrestlers with the responsibilities of making sure the entire team is upheld to the highest of standards. Besides some bogus minimal sports betting, there is nothing that would make me believe otherwise

Well they already have 1. 3 would be closer to 5.5 than 0. So you are telling me between the 3 Ferrari's they won't win 2 national titles? So you must think these young men are way over-rated. If AJ gets eligible it would not surprise if he won 2 more titles. His biggest issue imo is going to be getting and staying eligible. It would be disappointing if Angelo did not win at least 1 national title. I would project him as winning 2. Anthony is a wildcard. I have seen very little of him wrestling. He strikes me as AA contender every year with the hopes of making and winning a title.

They are fantastically talented. Between behavior and the classroom, their issues are well documented. That's going to be a problem.

Mea cupla on the closer to 0 than 5.5 comment as I didn't give AJ credit for his title when I made my post. I know this isn't what you said, but I'd say they will end up closer to 0 more titles than 4.5 in total. Or, put another way, since you can't win a half title, they will end up closer to 0 than 6. Either way, still the under. That better explains what's in my idiotic brain.

Assuming Anthony is already in Iowa, and Angelo is signed, will the clan be moving here this year and will Angelo wrestle for City High? I have not heard any discussion of this yet.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Assuming Anthony is already in Iowa, and Angelo is signed, will the clan be moving here this year and will Angelo wrestle for City High? I have not heard any discussion of this yet.
most likely not, would pry have moved and enrolled already if that was going to happen.

Wait you mean AJ has been wrestling and not just sitting on his couch at home eating Bon Bons. He has actually been training, he has been wrestling and in IOWA??? No way!
Recent video of him seeing a chiropractor. Chiropractor asked him what he was studying and he said kinesiology, not an easy major. I think he has been taking classes in his time away also. These guys may be short on common sense, but I don’t think they are poor students. The dad looks like a bigger meathead than them, but is a CPA.

Maybe I am just an optimistic guy, but I think lessons have been learned. Seeing your future almost go up in smoke tends to change a person's way of living. If he got away with something, he knows he won't get away with it again and if he was falsely accused, he knows to stay out of those situations. Just my 2 cents. If I am wrong, then he/they are really messed up.

Maybe I am just an optimistic guy, but I think lessons have been learned. Seeing your future almost go up in smoke tends to change a person's way of living. If he got away with something, he knows he won't get away with it again and if he was falsely accused, he knows to stay out of those situations. Just my 2 cents. If I am wrong, then he/they are really messed up.

You are just an optimistic guy. Kudos to you for that.

I'm a cynic. Repeat offenders are a real thing in life. Sometimes the "almost" losing everything part tells them they can probably just do it again. Some people spend days/weeks/years/decades doing hard time in prison and yet they can't wait to get out and continue being a POS. One can't just say they have changed, they have to prove they have changed.

Here's to the Ferrari boys learning from their mistakes and being good citizens whether they take the mat at Iowa or not.

Last edited:

I'm a cynic. Repeat offenders are a real thing in life. Sometimes the "almost" losing everything part tells them they can probably just do it again. Some people spend days/weeks/years/decades doing hard time in prison and yet they can't wait to get out and continue being a POS. One can't just say they have changed, they have to prove they have changed.

Here's to the Ferrari boys learning from their mistakes and being good citizens whether they take the mat at Iowa or not.
New Year Smiling GIF

Just a quick vote.
How many fans here think that the Brands bros have had many in depth conversations with former coaches (smith, Perry’s) about this athlete and family. How many think they had in depth conversations with the Ferrari family. I believe if this happens (which it will), there will not be many unknowns. I am comfortable with the vetting process the Brands bros would have in place prior to this even being a possibility.

Just a quick vote.
How many fans here think that the Brands bros have had many in depth conversations with former coaches (smith, Perry’s) about this athlete and family. How many think they had in depth conversations with the Ferrari family. I believe if this happens (which it will), there will not be many unknowns. I am comfortable with the vetting process the Brands bros would have in place prior to this even being a possibility.
I wish I had that faith in my fellow Orabs.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Just a quick vote.
Even if none of this had taken place, which would absolutely floor me. You know, I know, everyone knows, that Aj is on a short leash.

I believe in second chances and I trust Tom and Terry to make the right judgement calls when it comes to the character of their wrestlers. All of the Ferraris have been in the room and all seems to be going well. So everyone that has been overtly negative needs to just shut the heck up. Let the process play out. It’s happening. Wheels are in motion, no stopping it now.

You’re a cynic…no flipping way. I never would have guessed that!

I seem to remember when Pat Downey was working to make it for the second semester. He got himself there, worked out for the preseason then right as the second semester was to begin and him take the spot in the lineup he was gone.

Many speculated at the time that he didn't meet some admission or eligibility requirement. However, in a podcast that I remember listening to, he said he didn't hold his end of the behavior bargain and was dismissed from the team.

I suppose that the Ford Focus will be kept on a similarly short leash, and should he step sideways, meet a similar fate of PDIII.

Maybe. I don't know anything inside. Hell, I'm a 6 hour drive form IA City.

Even if none of this had taken place, which would absolutely floor me. You know, I know, everyone knows, that Aj is on a short leash.

I believe in second chances and I trust Tom and Terry to make the right judgement calls when it comes to the character of their wrestlers. All of the Ferraris have been in the room and all seems to be going well. So everyone that has been overtly negative needs to just shut the heck up. Let the process play out. It’s happening. Wheels are in motion, no stopping it now.
You have seen them or heard of them Wrestling in IOWA? I would love to hear about AJ working out in the room? Drilling, running, hard goes. etc....

Just a quick vote.

If they didn't have these conversations this is a much bigger problem than any of us ever imagined. I'm 99.999999% sure they did.

I seem to remember when Pat Downey was working to make it for the second semester.

Thanks for the reminder. That was a freaking disaster. He even tried to switch weights after the plan was already in place.

If they didn't have these conversations this is a much bigger problem than any of us ever imagined. I'm 99.999999% sure they did.

Thanks for the reminder. That was a freaking disaster. He even tried to switch weights after the plan was already in place.
I’m 100% sure and was being a bit facetious Spooner

I don't think you caught the nuance that they can do it until they are blue in the face. That still doesn’t mean it was a good decision.

Only time will truly tell.
Yes I did, I still maintain that you and many others will be eating their words.

I agree there is an element of uncertainty that will be lingering for a while IF in fact
AJ becomes a Hawk, but the negativity from you and many others regarding the family and the two other brothers is completely unfound and quite frankly embarrassing.
How do you and many others justify condemning the rest of the family for the stupidity of AJ?
I don’t like the antics, Im more of a act like you have been there type of guy. I can deal with the flexing and the unnecessary BS talking if the coaches think they can keep it under control.
We want championships we want top wrestlers! That is what we are getting, and I hope its all 3.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT