ADVERTISEMENT

Five Guys prices out of control

I stopped at Subway last weekend for the first time in years. If I have a hankering for a meatball sub Firehouse gets my money, but it was right in front of me, and figured what the hell.
Had to break a $20 bill, and all I ordered was the sandwich. Yikes.

• Sad
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Maybe stick to 4 guys then

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I don't eat fast food very often, but I did today since I was rushing around and skipped dinner last night. Medium roast beef and small soda from Arby's was $10.29. Insane. I made dinner for the family (four people) one night last week for about the same price. Pasta with fresh mushrooms and sausage in a garlic and butter sauce. If people would rather feed their families with $30-$40 fast food meals instead of preparing something that can not only be better, but far less expensive, that is even more insane. Fast food joints are only charging that much because there is still demand for it.

I don't eat fast food very often, but I did today since I was rushing around and skipped dinner last night. Medium roast beef and small soda from Arby's was $10.29. Insane. I made dinner for the family (four people) one night last week for about the same price. Pasta with fresh mushrooms and sausage in a garlic and butter sauce. If people would rather feed their families with $30-$40 fast food meals instead of preparing something that can not only be better, but far less expensive, that is even more insane. Fast food joints are only charging that much because there is still demand for it.
And what’s really insane is people use door dash and Uber eats for this shit.

I've only been to 5 guys twice, most recently a few years ago. The fries are the main issue - I'll admit, I like fries with a burger, but I don't want an enormous bag that would be ok if there were two or three people. But it is way too much for one.

And what’s really insane is people use door dash and Uber eats for this shit.
As wifey (no pics) and I have worked to tighten up finances, Door Dash is pretty much over for us. Up until about a year ago, we were hitting that at least three times/week. The last time I ordered at work for me and another co-worker, the default tip for a $25 meal was $8. Yeah right.

We rarely eat fast food because you might as well just go to a “sit down” place for the price of fast food.

If we need fast food while traveling it’s almost always McDonald’s and we utilize the app, which usually has a decent deal if you are not picky. I prefer Kwik Star while traveling. Grab some fresh fruit and their chicken strips are a good.

Only ate at five guys once. I was super excited about their fresh cut fries but somehow they were not any good. Don’t think they double fry, maybe I am wrong, but they were soggy and not paying a premium for soggy fries.

Only ate at five guys once. I was super excited about their fresh cut fries but somehow they were not any good. Don’t think they double fry, maybe I am wrong, but they were soggy and not paying a premium for soggy fries.
ha! Great minds

Never had it solely because I can't justify paying that much friggin money for fast food. I have tried their fries though, and they were not good at all. There's just no reason to go there IMO.
Never had their burger or their fries, but you guys got me curious. Too soggy?

One thing I do appreciate is some good fries with my food. That's why I love BWW. I don't know if it's because of the wings, but their fries are exactly how I like them.

Five guys has always been priced stupidly.
People always chime in that they're better than InNOut but at twice the price and no drive thru.
I used to pick up a double-double, fries and a drink for less than $7. Think it's up to $11 now.

Sonic is another that is priced well beyond what they serve. We went once when they first opened here and never again.

Reactions: noleclone2
The last time I went to Subway was about a year ago, 6'' sub with chips and a regular drink for $12. That's quite a bit for a bread sammich.
we get coupons all the time for subway and can get 3 foot long subs for 18$
That’s a pretty dang good deal .
But agreed fast food prices are out of control . Family of 5 to go to Culver’s is a 50$ normally. Joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT