ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you saying KF and CO won't change

lol a pariah that was voted team captain, seems more like your medical staff is the pariah.
He was voted captain before the season. He's not a popular guy in Ann Arbor anymore and probably never will be. Congrats on getting him though. Real team guy (as long as he doesn't get beat out by a better player)

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Bingo. This is the same personnel they recruit year after year. The zone scheme has been here forever, and hasn't worked, but yet they still run it. I am skeptical.
Zone would be fine if you could keep players around for years to develop their cohesion. But when you have a turnstyle especially now with portal. Must scrap zone blocking. That would be the number 1 thing I would do. Then recruit Wiscy style lineman.

So we’re now throwing the players under the bus? We would have run a different offense with better players?
Sounds a bit Alford-like. You want better players RUN A BETTER OFFENSE and go out and recruit them. What a B.S. line.

We often hear about the "stability" aspect of KFz being so tenured...and how that's such a plus for the program. If you can't get the players you want to run your offense in 20+ years at a place...

Will Kirk change? I guess time will tell, however, he did change (somewhat) after 2014 and I think with the offense being this bad in 2021 and 2022 and having to hear about it in damn near every post game press conference has made him feel uncomfortable. So, maybe even though the reporters did not grill Kirk about Brian, I don't think he wants to go through another season like that, so maybe he will be making more changes then we anticipate. Is he going to make a ton of changes, I don't think but lets hope he makes the key ones starting with addressing the OC.

He was voted captain before the season. He's not a popular guy in Ann Arbor anymore and probably never will be. Congrats on getting him though. Real team guy (as long as he doesn't get beat out by a better player)
Did you see what did not get beat out at Iowa for the last 3 years? I think we can count on Cade being a real team guy....

So with our O line currently how is stretching the field going to workout….Bottom line is our OL,,,,You can bring in the BEST qb in America , won’t matter till we get that OL up to par.

Reactions: IAHUNTER and wxhawk
So with our O line currently how is stretching the field going to workout….Bottom line is our OL,,,,You can bring in the BEST qb in America , won’t matter till we get that OL up to par.

Patience grasshopper...

Just got word that the new offensive coordinator is someone by the name of Krian Berentz who is a young hip dude that has far out schematic ideas on how to transition Iowa from the 130th offense in the nation to at least 120th. His plan to "open it up" ensures that the existing offense remains in tact, but has plans to do less RB draws on 3rd and long (he wouldn't commit to not doing that at all though). He also intends to tweak some of the existing WR routes on current plays to ensure they will get Iowa closer to but not beyond the first down marker. He also thought the offensive line made a lot of improvement and intends to make no changes there as the issue is just execution and not a talent issue.

Get excited! I know that no one has ever heard of this guy, but we are ensured by coach Ferentz that this person is the best to lead the offense and make necessary changes. Although some of Krian's comments sound familiar to what we've heard in the past, I can guarantee you this guy is the one for change and his glowing long hair and mustache adds pizzazz to the boring image of the current offensive coaching staff.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHUNTER
Sounds a bit Alford-like. You want better players RUN A BETTER OFFENSE and go out and recruit them. What a B.S. line.

We often hear about the "stability" aspect of KFz being so tenured...and how that's such a plus for the program. If you can't get the players you want to run your offense in 20+ years at a place...

The OP made this up. Cade did not say those things in the interview. See previous posts.

Man it gets tiresome doesn’t it….I wish those fans didn’t post here!
CM what is really tiresome is we finally have a QB who is proven and can help the young QB'S in the room.
Next he immediately raises the level of recruiting a notch and also the receivers we have by getting them the ball on time. Think a simple screen pass.
But here come the downers with the same narrative when there are changes being made!? This is when you can change, when you have better players at skill positions.
Then it's about why they don't recruit those types of players when the answer all along is they do, but this isn't tOSU. Damn tough to get it all to line up at most schools. We have a punchers chance now and the message board fans can't wait for something bad or off to happen.

CM what is really tiresome is we finally have a QB who is proven and can help the young QB'S in the room.
Next he immediately raises the level of recruiting a notch and also the receivers we have by getting them the ball on time. Think a simple screen pass.
But here come the downers with the same narrative when there are changes being made!? This is when you can change, when you have better players at skill positions.
Then it's about why they don't recruit those types of players when the answer all along is they do, but this isn't tOSU. Damn tough to get it all to line up at most schools. We have a punchers chance now and the message board fans can't wait for something bad or off to happen.

Yes, I honestly don’t get it dude. I really don’t and then they call it “opinions“ I mean they really don’t gut the drain they are on society in general and they just make things up.

They don’t make sense. I could literally come on here today and say I want Brian Ferentz fired. Actually I can legitimately say right now I would like for Brian Ferentz to leave, And tomorrow they’ll be talking about how fellated him… I mean, they honestly don’t get how stupid they are in the ways they express themselves and no it’s not kind to call people stupid, but holy shit if the shoe fits, it fits man !

Think back on your life, and not just when you were a young adult, but especially then… Articulate, witty people they were routinely finding ways to make someone look stupid and you always knew the kid that didn’t have a ton of brain power because they say things like oh is, Jim, Fred, Hank, your uncle, or your brother or did you blow him last night…

I mean seriously did that ever offend you?

Hell no it’s too stupid to be offensive you just shake your head and go, “huh I see what I’m dealing with here”

I do enjoy terrorizing them sometimes, but that’s shitty of me all the same! But I do enjoy that they think they’re winning, they just keep coming back lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Section25
Yeah, this is a personnel problem....lol! First off they are the ones recruiting these guys. Secondly, I'm super excited about the upgrade to WR they have planned where they will replace two 4 stars (who will transfer to P5 programs) with guys from lower divisions. Totally makes sense.

to a certain extent from a recruiting standpoint it’s a chicken or the egg argument. They need better players to change the scheme, but they need to change the scheme to get the better players.

one reason it’s important to land some impact transfer receivers that could conceivably help this process along.

that and hoping we have some coaching staff changes.

Seeing is believing. Until the results are shown, there are waaaaaay too many reasons to be skeptical.

Let’s go Cade MacNamara! Get Iowa outta the dumps!

They are going to revamp the offense that takes 1.5 years for a QB to learn. Honestly I think this just buys Brian at least another year.

Just watched a podcast with Cade and he said that Iowa has wanted to change the offense for years but haven't been able to due to personnel. Cade also said they are going to try and get multiple targets for him and All seems like a lock.
Let's take him at his word, no way he could know any better.
That's just another indictment on the coaching staff. It's not like they were handed the keys to a jalopy - they built the car then got mad when it didn't perform. Now negatively recruiting and scape goating former players? Bad look.
Glad Case didn't pick up on those red flags though.

Reactions: littlez
That's just another indictment on the coaching staff. It's not like they were handed the keys to a jalopy - they built the car then got mad when it didn't perform. Now negatively recruiting and scape goating former players? Bad look.
A lot of false assumptions in your post. First off his name is Cade. How exactly are they negatively recruiting? That makes no sense. Who are they scape goating? Personnel issues can be for multiple reasons. This year is a PERFECT example, and is 100% true. look at the WR issue. First two backups transfer out end of last year. Then Jones leaves after spring and too late for Iowa to find an adequate replacement. Then Keagen Johnson is AWOL basically all season with injuries. Vines gets injured and misses first five or 6 games. B Brecht had a hamstring issue and couldn't play the first several games. Then Ragaini gets injured and misses first several games. Basically the WR room was crippled for the first 1/2 of the season and Johnson who was supposed to be the guy this year, never played, not to mention Jones baling late in the game.
Then there's the OL. Numerous injuries to start the year and during. Britt and Davidkov were planned to be in the mix, but no. Davidkov was a great get with major offers including Michigan and was probably projected as one of the starting tackles by now. He's never been on the field and Britt not much either in his three years. Another 4 star with really good offers who hasn't been able to get on the field. Myslinski and Elsbury battled injuries early and probably awarded Jones the center spot by default. Do you really not understand that these ARE personnel issues, and have played some role in Iowa's struggles?

Seeing is believing. Until the results are shown, there are waaaaaay too many reasons to be skeptical.

Let’s go Cade MacNamara! Get Iowa outta the dumps!

Well FWIW I’m not going to judge the team on this years 7-5, I’ll judge them on the last 5.

At this point your suggestion is, he is stupid!

Not reaching your potential because I’d one phase of the game, that’s still a problem. It’s like being satisfied with a 100k a year job, when you could be making 500k

Is that abnormal in college football or sports in general?

A lot of false assumptions in your post. First off his name is Cade. How exactly are they negatively recruiting? That makes no sense. Who are they scape goating? Personnel issues can be for multiple reasons. This year is a PERFECT example, and is 100% true. look at the WR issue. First two backups transfer out end of last year. Then Jones leaves after spring and too late for Iowa to find an adequate replacement. Then Keagen Johnson is AWOL basically all season with injuries. Vines gets injured and misses first five or 6 games. B Brecht had a hamstring issue and couldn't play the first several games. Then Ragaini gets injured and misses first several games. Basically the WR room was crippled for the first 1/2 of the season and Johnson who was supposed to be the guy this year, never played, not to mention Jones baling late in the game.
Then there's the OL. Numerous injuries to start the year and during. Britt and Davidkov were planned to be in the mix, but no. Davidkov was a great get with major offers including Michigan and was probably projected as one of the starting tackles by now. He's never been on the field and Britt not much either in his three years. Another 4 star with really good offers who hasn't been able to get on the field. Myslinski and Elsbury battled injuries early and probably awarded Jones the center spot by default. Do you really not understand that these ARE personnel issues, and have played some role in Iowa's struggles?
The offense was not improved from the first game to the disaster against Nebraska.

It is too bad that Iowa is the only team that had injuries this year, maybe the injuries will be zero like other teams next season

The offense is garbage but who cares! The defense wins us games!!

This argument is unbelievably pathetic.
Ok, but wins are wins and despite the inside critics, there are 100+ teams that wish they were us!

It’s not complicated

The offense was not improved from the first game to the disaster against Nebraska.

It is too bad that Iowa is the only team that had injuries this year, maybe the injuries will be zero like other teams next season
Exactly, lots of teams face adversity, and they do what they can! Some go 5-7 like A&M, some go from top 10 to 7-5 like okie St..We aren’t alone. The above is a super short list!

Cade probably didn’t do himself many favors with the pod and was likely too comfortable with “old friends”. He did have some thoughtful answers too and will benefit from some help from Iowa’s PR guru’s.

We need a couple of the wr portal guys to sign and all will be forgiven. Let the guy get on campus and learn the teammates names before we dissect his every word.

Haaaa!!! It was the players fault and all it took was Iowa getting a qb as great as Cade for Ferentz to see the light. Cade loves him some Cade. Good stuff. He's a pariah at Michigan now and after you guys have your typical 9-3 season none of you will remember he ever played at Iowa either. Young, dumb people who just don't see the big picture...

My guess is that the coaches will do all they can to set things up for next season.

For the most part ... the D has plenty of makings for what could be a great group.

The schedule sets up REALLY nicely. If we can get past Iowa State and Penn State ... it could be our best shot in a long while for a CFP spot.

Obviously, a critical ingredient to all that is for the O to be set up too. Hence, I think that the coaches are doing their best to make it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT