ADVERTISEMENT

FOX News and Senator Lankford get remarkably candid: Trump sabotaged a solid bipartisan border deal because Trump didn't want it fixed.

Menace Sockeyes

HB Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Meanwhile, Vice President Harris was in the trenches working with Republicans to strengthen border security. Pretty clear message: if you want an adult in charge, and one who can get things done on border security reform, elect Vice President Harris as the next POTUS. The only adult of the two. Play this for your MAGA peeps next time they whine about the border...

I mean, anyone with a brain saw this happening back in the spring, knew what had gone down. Langford said the same thing back then didn’t he?
In far more measured tones. You just get the idea that the dwindling number of sane Republicans in Congress are really, really over this trainwreck candidate, as is FOX News.

The bill that Lankford participated in was a fiasco and didn't deserve passage,... Would have made things even more difficult to fix.
Bought the MAGA propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Because the border bill didn't pass some insane MAGA purity test. The goalposts were always going to be moved because Trump didn't want it fixed, because he'd have the only issue he can run on taken away, and he's a narcissist that cares about the adoration being in office brings him, not what is best for the nation.

In far more measured tones. You just get the idea that the dwindling number of sane Republicans in Congress are really, really over this trainwreck candidate, as is FOX News.
Fox Network started to pivot immediately after the Insurrection Day disaster.

When Newsmax started to peel off the cult in the summer of 2021, Murdoch realized where the $$$ was shifting, along with viewership.
The Dominion court judgment was just a hiccup to him.
I do expect a similar result a year from now after MAGA has lost again.

Meanwhile, Vice President Harris was in the trenches working with Republicans to strengthen border security. Pretty clear message: if you want an adult in charge, and one who can get things done on border security reform, elect Vice President Harris as the next POTUS. The only adult of the two. Play this for your MAGA peeps next time they whine about the border...

So that's why 30,00,000 criminals are currently roaming the streets of America?

Would you mind being more specific? I doubt you will because your argument completely falls apart once the bill’s specifics are discussed. You’re just carrying water for Trump here, BAU.
Exactly.

It’s like with inflation. How would Trump and his policies have been better than what Biden did or didn’t do?

Nothing. Crickets. Just more line and bar graphs with numbers on it since 2020.

A couple of the worst elements were a daily acceptable quota for illegal border crossings, and the allowance of far too much executive discretion over actual enforcement...
Thank you for being specific.

I’m not going to fact check that, but do you believe that was Trump’s motivation for killing the bill and why Republicans previously on board with it decided to do a 180? Would an imperfect bill have been better than nothing at all?

Trump refused to take $25b from Pelosi to fully fund a border wall back in '16 as well because "they (GOP politicians) won't let me take it. It's (the border) too big of an issue for them to use running for office."

Thank you for being specific.

I’m not going to fact check that, but do you believe that was Trump’s motivation for killing the bill and why Republicans previously on board with it decided to do a 180? Would an imperfect bill have been better than nothing at all?

Once republicans got to see what was actually in it, it wasn't going to be passed,.. Trump's comments didn't change anything.

A couple of the worst elements were a daily acceptable quota for illegal border crossings, and the allowance of far too much executive discretion over actual enforcement...
You bought that line. For once, I wish the MAGA crowd could just be honest and stop trying to spin everything. The spin only works if you've gone down the wormhole. Astonishingly, what would anyone vote for Trump after that debate? He's worse than Biden.

Once republicans got to see what was actually in it, it wasn't going to be passed,.. Trump's comments didn't change anything.
season 4 the pink purloiner GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reactions: BelemNole and Torg
The guy is a clown...
His credentials on the border are on part with the most hawkish border people the GOP has. If a bill that he negotiated and agreed to wouldn’t pass muster for you, then any such bill that would also have democratic support doesn’t exist.

And neither party will be able to do such a bill on their own.

The MAGAs on this board and elsewhere refuse to admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT