ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Packing It In?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
You never heard of someone moving houses ?
Rarely within the same locale under these circumstances. More often it's a move away situation to be closer to kids/family or warmer climes.

Downsizing could be a real thing even…
Possibly. However, downsizing is not upgrading, as the poster suggested, and rarely takes place the minute the last kid heads off to college unless something is prompting the move. Its not as if Fran needs to downsize to save a few dollars in retirement

Again, I'm not saying Fran is leaving, but it's not like this doesn't raise a few questions, especially given his son's circumstances. Hell, I don't even know if it's actually for sale, but if he puts money down on another property or takes out a lease that would answer those questions.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Someone catch me up. Is Fran's house listed for sale? Or, he bought another one in Iowa City?

Didn't want to sift through pages and pages of that other thread.

My wife’s parents just did. Seems a bit backwards 🤔
Our kids are graduating college this summer. One of them just landed a job in Vegas. The other one wants to move out West near the mountains/ocean. We have 2 houses in the Midwest. I can assure you we have no intention of adding on to anything.

Someone catch me up. Is Fran's house listed for sale? Or, he bought another one in Iowa City?

Didn't want to sift through pages and pages of that other thread.
He's moving. He actually bought Nate Kaedings old house all from other posters. I didn't know anything about this.

Patrick will transfer to Butler, Jack is here in a year.
They all move here since Connor and Caitlin are here.
Matta will not last that much longer due to his health issues and Fran takes over as stop gap til Jack is done.

Not saying he's leaving, but I don't know too many people that upgraded to a bigger house AFTER the kids are all gone and looking to relocate out of state.
And he's got to see some writing on the wall and feel a little uneasy. Even I'd ts not this year its likely to happen in the next 2 to 3 if we stay on the same course. No way you buy a bigger house under these circumstances.

And he's got to see some writing on the wall and feel a little uneasy. Even I'd ts not this year its likely to happen in the next 2 to 3 if we stay on the same course. No way you buy a bigger house under these circumstances.
But apparently he did 🤷

You don't buy a new house if you are planning to move somewhere else.
And I wouldn't think you'd do that unless you thought you were staying put for the foreseeable future, also. If it were me, even if I was planning to leave even in a couple years, I wouldn't bother with a move. I'd just stay put until the time came to get out completely.

Is IC a rich area? I'm from NW Iowa and know little about IC besides bars and Kinnick. I feel like a huge house owned by a millionaire would have to go up early if he planned to move in a year's time
I feel he probably coaches here next season based off that. But some of you are from IC so feel free to tell me I'm wrong and to GTFO

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Is IC a rich area? I'm from NW Iowa and know little about IC besides bars and Kinnick. I feel like a huge house owned by a millionaire would have to go up early if he planned to move in a year's time
I feel he probably coaches here next season based off that. But some of you are from IC so feel free to tell me I'm wrong and to GTFO
It has a post office and a General Store last time I looked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT