ADVERTISEMENT

Where there’s smoke…..

Sep 8, 2018
I’m starting to hear some rumblings regarding Fran’s future at Iowa. Nothing definitive, but it makes since considering Pat’s departure and Jack’s decision not to play at Iowa. We aren’t talking retirement, but an offer to coach elsewhere(possibly Jack playing for him)

I’ll keep my ear to the ground to see if there’s anything at all to this rumor. It would probably be in everyone’s best interest if this change did come to fruition.

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

I’m starting to hear some rumblings regarding Fran’s future at Iowa. Nothing definitive, but it makes since considering Pat’s departure and Jack’s decision not to play at Iowa. We aren’t talking retirement, but an offer to coach elsewhere(possibly Jack playing for him)

I’ll keep my ear to the ground to see if there’s anything at all to this rumor. It would probably be in everyone’s best interest if this change did come to fruition.
Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

I can tell you this has been rumored at West since beginning of the year.

LoL. Not saying Fran won’t leave but isn’t going anywhere. He likes cashing those $3 plus million checks. And who would hire him cause for one, and two, he isn’t making that kind of money elsewhere. BG will get her coach when the time is right, which feels like now but I can see Fran hanging on for a year or two then be done.

It would make sense IMO. Jack & Patrick leaving so nothing keeping him here in IC. Iowa basketball has gotten stale - not all Fran's fault. I'm sure he can sense the apathy both inside and outside the University.

LoL. Not saying Fran won’t leave but isn’t going anywhere. He likes cashing those $3 plus million checks. And who would hire him cause for one, and two, he isn’t making that kind of money elsewhere. BG will get her coach when the time is right, which feels like now but I can see Fran hanging on for a year or two then be done.
You might be right. But not everyone is motivated by money ... especially when you already have a lot of it.

Ya i wonder if DeVries would reconsider W Virginia & come to Iowa if Fran does move on. Supposedly W Virginia has a strong basketball NIL so i don't think it'd be a slam dunk that he'd choose iowa over them

Humm. Ear to ground old Indian trick.

Ya i wonder if DeVries would reconsider W Virginia & come to Iowa if Fran does move on. Supposedly W Virginia has a strong basketball NIL so i don't think it'd be a slam dunk that he'd choose iowa over them

Devries = sayanora, gone, vamoose

Yeah I’ll be honest I’d be a bit miffed if he left and we missed on DeVries.
especially if Fran or the AD knew this was likely happening while they watched Devries take another job. I know there are other coaches, but he seemed like a good one. Or maybe he didn't want it. who knows.

Drake

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft

came to see anything on this was posted but according to someone I know Fran is selling his house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT