ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Chamizo Loss

Spaceman Spifff

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2018
Virginia
Just watched the video of Frank Chamizo's loss at an Olympic qualification tournament in Azerbaijan. Any knowledgeable people on here know why he didn't get 2 at the end of the match?

• Wow
Reactions: CCFlamingo
Just watched the video of Frank Chamizo's loss at an Olympic qualification tournament in Azerbaijan. Any knowledgeable people on here know why he didn't get 2 at the end of the match?

According to ESPN, Chamizo says it's because the tournament was corrupt from the beginning. Says he was offered a bribe but he turned it down

It’s a helluva lot closer than some people are trying to make it seem. You have to have 5 supporting points down for a TD. So did FC have that when he got control. At one point AZE’s left knee touched the mat as FC was coming around but he went right back into the quad pod which is not a TD. Video I’ve seen is tough to call.

That said, I wouldn’t discount a bribe in that part of the world.

It’s a helluva lot closer than some people are trying to make it seem. You have to have 5 supporting points down for a TD. So did FC have that when he got control. At one point AZE’s left knee touched the mat as FC was coming around but he went right back into the quad pod which is not a TD. Video I’ve seen is tough to call.

That said, I wouldn’t discount a bribe in that part of the world.
Interesting - I didn't know a human body had five supporting points. Is the face a supporting point? Perhap the Willie?

Reactions: el dub
UWW reportedly is investigating after receiving a formal complaint from Italy's official wrestling body.

Maybe just maybe, after he refused, the $300k went to the backup plan. The officials.
Just saw a thing from Shaq the other day; it may be old but I just saw it; he was saying how the people that rig sports will most often times pay off the officials cause a lot of the athletes already get paid big money compared to the officials. They’re easier to bribe. Now I know wrestlers vs basketball players salaries aren’t comparable but thought it was interesting hearing him talk about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT