ADVERTISEMENT

Fran's coaches TV show. Why did Iowa dump it.

IllQChawk

HR All-American
May 29, 2001
Why did the U of I stop producing Fran's coaches show this year. I always looked forward to watching it on our local PBS station or BTN.

Why did the U of I stop producing Fran's coaches show this year. I always looked forward to watching it on our local PBS station or BTN.
No idea, but I'd guess that Fran either didn't want to do it or there was no demand for it.

I thought they got rid of both coach's shows several years ago and replaced it with "The Heartland"? I don't think I've one of those episodes this season though

Reactions: ichawk24
I thought they got rid of both coach's shows several years ago and replaced it with "The Heartland"? I don't think I've one of those episodes this season though
The Heartland, that's what I remember from the last 2 years. Gary Dolphin narrated the show and it focused on Iowa's football, men's' and woman's basketball and wrestling teams each week. Oh well, must not have found a media platform to air the show.
The Big Ten Network is just too busy rebroadcasting multiple programs over and over again I guess.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT