ADVERTISEMENT

#FREEBELEM

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Kev Lavery

Scream GIF by Originals

Guilt.

There is zero justification foe why one of those is worse than the other.
Guilt of what?

I honestly think a lot depends upon intended use of each word.

This is not a debate worth having because your argument has merit. The history of each word is lopsided, though, and you know why. Look at it this way. Is there a difference when a female gets called a slut and when a man does? Social context and history matter.

With that said, we should be at a point in society where neither word, when intended to be offensive toward someone of a different race, should be acceptable. There should be no difference in that context, but history clearly shows one is not the same as the other. That is not “guilt.” That is common sense.

They should be. No race should get special treatment in 21st century America.

Either you get banned for racial slurs or you don't. No wiggle room here.
I don’t disagree.

But they are not the same because of history.

But, yes, in order to move forward as a society and nation, there needs to be equity in terms of socially acceptable behavior. Intending to be purposely degrading to a different race in 2024, regardless of history, should be equally disdained and of equal consequence.

Guilt of what?

I honestly think a lot depends upon intended use of each word.

This is not a debate worth having because your argument has merit. The history of each word is lopsided, though, and you know why. Look at it this way. Is there a difference when a female gets called a slut and when a man does? Social context and history matter.

With that said, we should be at a point in society where neither word, when intended to be offensive toward someone of a different race, should be acceptable. There should be no difference in that context, but history clearly shows one is not the same as the other. That is not “guilt.” That is common sense.
Agreed it's a dumb convo and no one of value is using either word, even as trendy as cracker is on here right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT