ADVERTISEMENT

Mowing Prices

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
I recently started renting out the second house on my farm. The house has a large lawn which I was planning to mow along with my own lawn. The young man living renting out the house used to work for a landscaping company and volunteered to mow the lawn if I would let him use my equipment. This saves me from spending half of a day mowing/trimming their yard.

Anyway, I'm wondering what would be a reasonable amount to deduct from their monthly rent in the summer months for him doing the mowing/trimming using my equipment and fuel?

I mow for a local hunt club using another guys equipment. I make about 40 bucks an hour and thr guy whose equipment it is makes 10. Roughly 50 dollars an hour but then offset that it's your stuff.

Reactions: gohawks50
7 months of mowing season, roughly 25-30 mowing cycles, $50 per cycle averaged out per month annually to $120 reduction per month, how does that grab you?

You can’t get anyone in Iowa City to cut even a small yard for less than $45 but they bring their own equipment usually.

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT