ADVERTISEMENT

Freestyle Rules

Chalkdaddy94

All-Conference
Mar 19, 2011
Iowa City
I know this has been discussed a ton on here, but I am really getting on board with adopting more freestyle rules in folkstyle.

I am getting so damn sick of watching guys use the edge of the mat as defense in preventing a takedown. When they are trying to get to the edge and dive out of bounds it needs to be called stalling. This is beyond frustrating to watch. The offensive wrestler needs to be rewarded in this position.

Also, stall riding is horrible to watch (but I know this point has been discussed ad nauseam on here).

I don’t know that I want full freestyle rules, but some of this stalling crap in folkstyle needs to be addressed. One thing that could fix it is if refs all get on the same page and CONSISTENTLY CALL STALLING WHEN SOMEONE IS STALLING.

Okay sorry, rant over 😂

I dont think its a rant... I think its valid and been discussed numerous times.

for me i think they should reward chaining so to speak... You get the take down... you have 10-15 secs to work and turn. If nothing progresses, they stand back up. clock still runs, but only for that 10-15 secs at a time. to prevent the bottom man from stalling... actually call it from the bottom. if he lays flat waiting for the whistle...hit him with the stall point. promote action... dont reward passivity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT