ADVERTISEMENT

Northwester GRADES

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
125 Ayala #5 vs UR 96 agressive , nice to see, got maybe a little lazy on bottom and almost gave up tilt.

133 Schriever UR vs UR 91 came out a little slow started getting after it as 1st wore on, and started to dominate. Has to believe in himself more

141 Teske UR vs UR 92(because up a weight)also came out aggressive, got a stall, then a TD to a quick tilt. Broke kid with pressure as match went on

149 Rathjen 11 vs UR good defense to scramble to TD end one. Then a nice shot-TD- to fall. Would like to see a quicker start to O

157 Franek #2 vs 19 80 Couple of shots in 1st he could not finish. guy playing D caused a little "style problem" maybe? TD in SV for win would like to see more separation

165 Caliendo #6 vs 15 100 Nice boot scoot to open match, chased kid till REF final hit him for stalling. Once kid had to wrestle he kicked ass!

174 Kennedy #9 vs UR 85 Hard work got him 1st TD then a good ride out. Another match where a HAWK chases a mouse all over the mat!!!Kid was a big strong 174 which is obviously a disadvantage for him right now. Workman like effort for major

184 RIGGINS!!!! UR vs #24 1000 can I get a HELL YEA!!!!! Nice 1st TD and hard smart fought match for the W

197 Glazier #14 vs UR 84 he was plenty active and shooting well. got caught up in scrambles a few times but all in all just keeps looking more and more the part of an AA!!!

Heavy BIG BEN!!!!! UR vs UR DANG!!!!! Boy I wish this kid the best wherever life leads him? But the IOWA WRESTLING FAN in me hopes he becomes our full time guy!!!!

Ayala- A Another subpar opponent, but Drake has been an offensive machine.

Schriever- A Has looked really good as of late. Much more offensive minded early in matches.

Teske- A Giving up some size but dominant nonetheless. Looked really good on top getting back points.

Rathjen- A NU Kid was funky, Rathjen stuffed the funk where the sun don’t shine.

Franek- B Liked the urgency in SV, but we need him to be elite. Leave no doubt.

Caliendo- A. Is really coming into his own and looks better than I’ve ever seen him.

Kennedy- A. PK still looks tiny for the weight, but his heart more than makes up for it. Ferrante’s muscles have muscles, and PK bullied him around the mat, controlled center and scored bonus points,

Riggins- B+ 1st win vs a ranked opponent is cause for celebration. He’s obviously giving up a lot of size, but the hard work he’s putting in is going to pay dividends. He put on a stall clinic at the end, but he wrestled as smart as the ref allowed him to. Not sure if he qualifies the weight at B10s, but he’s starting to make the most of his opportunity.

Glazier- A. Who the f*ck is this guy?! He continues to impress with his level of offense. He’s wrestling with a lot of confidence. Hope he keeps it going all the way to Nationals.

Keuter- A. I can’t wait to see a larger, better conditioned version of Keuter next season, but getting a taste of what he’s capable of is sure fun to watch.

Solid effort by the Hawks today. Wolverines look to be in for it.

Last edited:
125 Ayala #5 vs UR 96 agressive , nice to see, got maybe a little lazy on bottom and almost gave up tilt.

133 Schriever UR vs UR 91 came out a little slow started getting after it as 1st wore on, and started to dominate. Has to believe in himself more

141 Teske UR vs UR 92(because up a weight)also came out aggressive, got a stall, then a TD to a quick tilt. Broke kid with pressure as match went on

149 Rathjen 11 vs UR good defense to scramble to TD end one. Then a nice shot-TD- to fall. Would like to see a quicker start to O

157 Franek #2 vs 19 80 Couple of shots in 1st he could not finish. guy playing D caused a little "style problem" maybe? TD in SV for win would like to see more separation

165 Caliendo #6 vs 15 100 Nice boot scoot to open match, chased kid till REF final hit him for stalling. Once kid had to wrestle he kicked ass!

174 Kennedy #9 vs UR 85 Hard work got him 1st TD then a good ride out. Another match where a HAWK chases a mouse all over the mat!!!Kid was a big strong 174 which is obviously a disadvantage for him right now. Workman like effort for major

184 RIGGINS!!!! UR vs #24 1000 can I get a HELL YEA!!!!! Nice 1st TD and hard smart fought match for the W

197 Glazier #14 vs UR 84 he was plenty active and shooting well. got caught up in scrambles a few times but all in all just keeps looking more and more the part of an AA!!!

Heavy BIG BEN!!!!! UR vs UR DANG!!!!! Boy I wish this kid the best wherever life leads him? But the IOWA WRESTLING FAN in me hopes he becomes our full time guy!!!!
Love that Riggins gets that grade, deserves it. What did Ratchey get?

Coaching staff gets A+. The people that say they dont improve on their wrestles is so wrong. For what they were dealt and where there at, they should be in the conversation for coach of the year but I know the powers to be dont want to rattle up the NCAA gang, might make them look more stupid.

Coaching staff gets A+. The people that say they dont improve on their wrestles is so wrong. For what they were dealt and where there at, they should be in the conversation for coach of the year but I know the powers to be dont want to rattle up the NCAA gang, might make them look more stupid
The juco team I wrestled for that took 7th in the nation would compete aganist NW

Reactions: IRONBIRD
125 - A
133 - A
141 - A
149 - A+
157 - B
165 - A
174 - A
184 - A+
197 - A
Heavy - A+

We did what we should have done. Evil laugh
NW wrestling - F

That was as bad a team as I've seen on a mat, especially for a program that has had some success over the years.

DeAugustine, Cannon and Davison did them dirty.

NW wrestling - F

That was as bad a team as I've seen on a mat, especially for a program that has had some success over the years.

DeAugustine, Cannon and Davison did them dirty.
They were all going elsewhere regardless because of grad school. At many good academic schools guys can't get into grad school or the program they want isn't offered

Reactions: TNTwrestle
for what getting maybe top 5? Believe me I hope I eat my words and you are right
COY for the most part is from a top 5 team but I guess it probably has been lower than that in the past. It doesnt auto go to the champ team or why would they need to vote on it.

They were all going elsewhere regardless because of grad school. At many good academic schools guys can't get into grad school or the program they want isn't offered
Fair enough. It'll be interesting to see where NW program goes from here. Only one way to go but it could be a long rebuild.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT