ADVERTISEMENT

Freight Train Instagram

Picture sitting at Life Church, Coralville with Gabe Arnold and his parents and Ava Bayless. Can’t figure out how to post picture without posting to my Instagram account.

image.thumb.png.fadd590c3c39b8b9b0e4fb8062df5425.png

This picture was totally photoshopped. But if it weren’t photoshopped, I would say that I’ve enjoyed having this young man around. And for all the naysayers: EVERYONE deserves a chance. I promise you all, if I were not afforded one, I’d not be who I am today: a husband, a father, and a friend. That being said, my family and I will continue to pay it forward in the hopes that the example set is seen by and embraced and someone else will do the same. (And for the record, the picture totally didn’t get my good side)…

This picture was totally photoshopped. But if it weren’t photoshopped, I would say that I’ve enjoyed having this young man around. And for all the naysayers: EVERYONE deserves a chance. I promise you all, if I were not afforded one, I’d not be who I am today: a husband, a father, and a friend. That being said, my family and I will continue to pay it forward in the hopes that the example set is seen by and embraced and someone else will do the same. (And for the record, the picture totally didn’t get my good side)…
Just curious, how many chances should someone get? Probably depends on many factors, but in general what do you think?

Reactions: el dub
Coach Phil I love you, but your best side is your back side.

Philllllll

Just curious, how many chances should someone get? Probably depends on many factors, but in general what do you think?
There is no right answer to this question. Why? Because of the examples I had living before me. My brother was heavy into drugs. In and out of jail. Stole from and cheated everyone he knew. Even his own family. Stole and pawned all my dads tools, you name it, he did it. But my dad NEVER gave up on him, and told me I shouldn’t either, because you never know, when that one time picking someone up will be the time that allows them to stand on their own. My brother now owns a successful business, hasn’t been in trouble in 20 years. Why? Because my dad never gave up on him.

Coach Phil - I may not be correct but my recollection is that you pretty much stayed on the sideline back when The Ferrari Thread was at peak cesspool. I remember thinking to myself “I wonder what Coach Phil thinks?” When I saw this picture yesterday, I think I got my answer. Thank you for being a part of the Hawkeye family. I have a feeling you will leave a long lasting impact on the program.

What do you mean photoshopped?

There is no right answer to this question. Why? Because of the examples I had living before me. My brother was heavy into drugs. In and out of jail. Stole from and cheated everyone he knew. Even his own family. Stole and pawned all my dads tools, you name it, he did it. But my dad NEVER gave up on him, and told me I shouldn’t either, because you never know, when that one time picking someone up will be the time that allows them to stand on their own. My brother now owns a successful business, hasn’t been in trouble in 20 years. Why? Because my dad never gave up on him.
Thanks for the response. You gave a nice example of the unconditional love of a parent. I'm a big believer in second chances but I also believe that actions have consequences. As a parent I am much like your father, however for a overall policy the consequences must be congruent with the actions and second chances should only be given once the consequences have been completed. Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Thanks for the response. You gave a nice example of the unconditional love of a parent. I'm a big believer in second chances but I also believe that actions have consequences. As a parent I am much like your father, however for an overall policy the consequences must be congruent with the actions and second chances should only be given once the consequences have been completed. Of course, this is all just my opinion.
Think he had court ordered anger management, and also seems like he’s trying to get religion back in his life , so he’s making an effort. Only time will tell if people don’t fall back into their old ways.

Coach Phil - I may not be correct but my recollection is that you pretty much stayed on the sideline back when The Ferrari Thread was at peak cesspool. I remember thinking to myself “I wonder what Coach Phil thinks?” When I saw this picture yesterday, I think I got my answer. Thank you for being a part of the Hawkeye family. I have a feeling you will leave a long lasting impact on the program.
The photo was faked, so there’s that.

Think he had court ordered anger management, and also seems like he’s trying to get religion back in his life , so he’s making an effort. Only time will tell if people don’t fall back into their old ways.
Pretty sure he’s always been solid in his religion. Hopefully he won’t blame others for his transgressions.

Reactions: NativeOne
You're correct. There's actually a reason for that: I'll never respond back to any negativity. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to with J'den and now Gabe. But our family has always taken the stance not to. These boys are now Hawkeyes, regardless of who likes it or not. And since my son is now a Hawkeye that means these boys are a part of my family. They're welcome in my home like all the rest of them, and will be treated no differently than my own sons.

When J'den beat Taylor for the world team spot, the homers came out of the wood works calling my nephew a slippery monkey. I've read the same about my own son, because he sweats just as bad if not worse. Sometimes I think people forget that the wrestlers have family members that may or may not read some of this garbage. Regardless of whether or not it's true, the fact is words DO hurt. And the sad part is too many clowns hide behind their keyboards and talk crap all day, but probably wouldn't have the balls to say it to anyone's face, let alone one of their parents.

So what does Coach Phil think: It's simply the Thumper Creed: If you can't say nuthin nice, don't say nuthin at all.

You're correct. There's actually a reason for that: I'll never respond back to any negativity. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to with J'den and now Gabe. But our family has always taken the stance not to. These boys are now Hawkeyes, regardless of who likes it or not. And since my son is now a Hawkeye that means these boys are a part of my family. They're welcome in my home like all the rest of them, and will be treated no differently than my own sons.

When J'den beat Taylor for the world team spot, the homers came out of the wood works calling my nephew a slippery monkey. I've read the same about my own son, because he sweats just as bad if not worse. Sometimes I think people forget that the wrestlers have family members that may or may not read some of this garbage. Regardless of whether or not it's true, the fact is words DO hurt. And the sad part is too many clowns hide behind their keyboards and talk crap all day, but probably wouldn't have the balls to say it to anyone's face, let alone one of their parents.

So what does Coach Phil think: It's simply the Thumper Creed: If you can't say nuthin nice, don't say nuthin at all.
Couple of thoughts about message board warriors.

If you wouldn’t say it to their face you shouldn’t say it on a message board.

It’s also crazy how many people “know” what’s going on when in fact they get things 3rd/4th hand through someone “close to the program”.

Rivals need to develop a “full of $hit” algorithm and apply the score to posters that continuously make ridiculous statements.

J'Den is going to become a Hawk too right?;)

coach you are my new hero , been saying that for along time on here.i have no doubt that the numbnuts on here will drive you off ,but for now i enjoy your straight forward style.

Reactions: Hawk170 and el dub
I had much apprehension about the Fararri's joining the program seeing a big risk. It would be a very tall order for Coach Brands to corral them on his own. After reading Coach Phill's involvment, I feel much, much better about the whole thing now. They are Hawkeyes and we need to support them and hope things work out great for these young men.

coach you are my new hero , been saying that for along time on here.i have no doubt that the numbnuts on here will drive you off ,but for now i enjoy your straight forward style.
So, I forget if we have any beef or not and therefore if I should be offended.or not.?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 12tdsaw
So, I forget if we have any beef or not and therefore if I should be offended.or not.?

Thanks in advance!
i don,t think i have ever had a beef with you, hell during the summer you keep this place going, but alot of people are always looking for something to be offended by.i know i pissed off a few salesmen recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT