ADVERTISEMENT

FRL Today "Spencer is not sick".

At the beginning of FRL yesterday, CP gave Willie the opening to bring up the topic. Willie declined. CP acted like he wasn’t part of the discussion. But CP is the discussion as he is the one who acted like he had inside information as he was at Okie St and Willie wasn’t. Why doesn’t CP step up and show some leadership instead of hiding behind Willie.

At the beginning of FRL yesterday, CP gave Willie the opening to bring up the topic. Willie declined. CP acted like he wasn’t part of the discussion. But CP is the discussion as he is the one who acted like he had inside information as he was at Okie St and Willie wasn’t. Why doesn’t CP step up and show some leadership instead of hiding behind Willie.

Because they all are chicken shits just blow smoke no real truth eviedence to back up there story no coach going to say his wrestler is hurt, sick, or anything else can't they and all you people fiqure this out end of my rant..

Reactions: Descat1
Seriously? Having no source to substantiate your bogus claims is to be expected from a journalist, especially a journalist with no credibility (which you just admitted). But if you think you are going to get health status of ANYONE in this Country by bypassing HIPPA laws, you are certainly a tree short of a hammock.

Again someone that doesn’t understand how HIPPA works or who is under that law.

Does CP work at the UofI hospital? No. He’s good then.

If he has, so called info from an outside source, he can say what he was told. He has signed no HIPPA docs and is not violating any law.

You still going on about this? You do realize HR is a niche website for a niche sport? And discussion on this site is going to occur based on what the biggest media source says about this niche sport?

If Flo is going to go the brash Colin cowherd or Skip Bayless route then they're going to receive criticism in kind. It's their prerogative just as it's ours to criticize them on the IOWA WRESTLING FAN FORUM. Why do people act surprised that this forum has an Iowa bias. It's a GD team fan forum. No one is claiming impartiality here. Go look at forums for any sport and any team you're going to see a similar sociological theme.
oLjL0dn.jpg

Former DeWitt Saber who's father Kurt was the wrestling coach, football coach and now is the Athletic Director. His uncle Eugene was a former DeWitt and North Scott Coach. Casey is also a former Iowa Hawkeye Football Player. I believe he's one of if not the only player in the NFL who's position is solely long snapper. Was also selected to his first pro bowl this season!
I was almost certain he was from Iowa. Thanks for the extra information and the link.
I think this was a set up. By not acknowledging he was from IA and a Hawkeye, you knew the roll on Iowa was coming.

Reactions: TtotheL
Again someone that doesn’t understand how HIPPA works or who is under that law.

Does CP work at the UofI hospital? No. He’s good then.

If he has, so called info from an outside source, he can say what he was told. He has signed no HIPPA docs and is not violating any law.

Huh? You are ****ing lost. A journalist can’t call the hospital or university & demand athlete health status. PERIOD.

I love that they keep producing videos on how to beat Spencer Lee. The latest shows how to escape from underneath Spencer. Sheesh.

Reactions: Mattski
Little willie Bahahahahaha... I would love to know what qualifications were presented on his resume obviously not much. Luckily for us with enough bad publicity and negative feedback from a good portion of their fan base, people like him can be expendable... Keep it up little willie you may not like the results..

Last edited:
I payed the 30 dollar monthly just for the dual, man am I bummed. (Excluding our performance) glad I didn’t do the full monty. I’m going to do everything I can from now on to F flo. I hope I run into Willie at nationals.
Really? You’re going to be the internet tough guy? Who cares what people say. Don’t be so sensitive.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Flo has their faults, no way I'm cancelling.
I love being able to watch team USA and matches that aren't televised .
They havehimproved immensely the last few years. Imo

The people saying to cancel flo are ridiculous and I hope they do. Maybe they’ll be less idiotic posts on this board when they don’t get to watch the duals. I also don’t get why posters bashed flo for caring enough to buy the rights to the OSU/Iowa dual instead of ESPN. ESPN simply doesn't care enough about wrestling. If they wanted the rights to last weekend’s dual they would’ve had them. Flo gives wrestling fans the ability to watch more wrestling content than ever.
The ambivalence you display for the Hawkeye wrestling program and our adamant defense of our hero’s is just more than you can handle.

You snotty little Bas***rd.
We have a greater responsibility than you possibly fathom.
You have the luxury of not knowing what we know.
While our loyalty is grotesque and incomprehensible to you, it saves Flo.
Deep down in places you don’t want to talk about, you want us on that Podium, You need us on that podium.
I’d rather you just thank us and go on your way. Either way I don’t give a damn what Flo thinks!

The ambivalence you display for the Hawkeye wrestling program and our adamant defense of our hero’s is just more than you can handle.

Deep down in places you don’t want to talk about, you want us on that Podium, You need us on that podium.
I’d rather you just thank us and go on your way. Either way I don’t give a damn what Flo thinks!
Love that scene in the movie, Jack is one of my favorite actors.

Reactions: Inthecircle

2v0pki.jpg

;)

I love that they keep producing videos on how to beat Spencer Lee. The latest shows how to escape from underneath Spencer. Sheesh.
therasslinfan, I agree and it is obvious that they have done more of these technique breakdown videos on Spencer than any other wrestler. Last year they did one when Rivera took him down and Mal said at the end, book it and take it to to the bank, Rivera wins the next one. Sorry Mike, Spencer won 12-0.

This is just one example of how much FLO uses Spencer when they need to for their business, but most of the time they try to hurt his standing. Think about it, I don't know why they work so hard to discredit Spencer, (the ducking bull#^#) and the faltering stories and now the he's not sick stuff, what is it and why do they dislike Spencer so much... serious question.

I payed the 30 dollar monthly just for the dual, man am I bummed. (Excluding our performance) glad I didn’t do the full monty. I’m going to do everything I can from now on to F flo. I hope I run into Willie at nationals.
Send pics.

Well done.

Reactions: Inthecircle
You got that right! Bratke and his moth man chronicles, the Denver airport conspiracy and the West Virginia skunkswatch thing, have far more credibility than CP and Willie’s, Spencer report.

And they didn’t even come to defend what they said; Wllie comes here claiming we’re lying about it. So we post transcripts and he just keeps shouting “lies!”
He's really Donald Trump with a "Willie" as his forum name. All lies!!!

Reactions: artradley
Willie and CP are apparently Morans. Anyone that thinks he is 100% is an idiot
Anyone who listens to anything those anti-Iowa idiots say isn't real smart. I personally, with 2 buddies, watched lil willie cheer every time an Iowa guy lost in Oklahoma City. Piles, lol, came and said it didn't happen. I saw it with my own eyes. They don't like Iowa, the only reason there is pro Iowa stuff on Flo is because we have the largest fanbase in college wrestling therefore the most money for Flo.

Sad to see delusional paranoia.

Anyone who listens to anything those anti-Iowa idiots say isn't real smart. I personally, with 2 buddies, watched lil willie cheer every time an Iowa guy lost in Oklahoma City. Piles, lol, came and said it didn't happen. I saw it with my own eyes. They don't like Iowa, the only reason there is pro Iowa stuff on Flo is because we have the largest fanbase in college wrestling therefore the most money for Flo.

Sad to see delusional paranoia.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
fake news. the only time i was ever demonstrative was when moisey beat gilman and it wasn't one of cheering against the hawks it was one of utter disbelief. i've long had a solid relationship with Thomas and his mother so any suggesting of me rooting for him to lose is delusion. he's one of my favorite hawks ever.

and that ^^^ wasn't in OKC.

The OKC year was when Tony (who i'm close with to till this day) won. And i was very happy for Tony for getting his title. there's a picture w/ me right next to him afterward.

so who was i rooting against? Evans, whose family i was close to for years? who gave me a signed Brands biography?

freshman Clark? injured DSJ? Telford?

it's just lunacy. and to say Christian hates the hawks is even more insane. when he came to flo every wrestling shirt he had had a hawkeye on it.

i mean, it's so absurd it goes being paranoia - it's straight up lies.

fake news. the only time i was ever demonstrative was when moisey beat gilman and it wasn't one of cheering against the hawks it was one of utter disbelief. i've long had a solid relationship with Thomas and his mother so any suggesting of me rooting for him to lose is delusion. he's one of my favorite hawks ever.

The OKC year was when Tony (who i'm close with to till this day) won. And i was very happy for Tony for getting his title. there's a picture w/ me right next to him afterward.

so who was i rooting against? Evans, whose family i was close to for years? who gave me a signed Brands biography?

it's just lunacy. and to say Christian hates the hawks is even more insane. when he came to flo every wrestling shirt he had had a hawkeye on it.

After reading all of these 6 pages, I think what Hawkeye fans are pissed about is the fact that you or others on flo said Spencer wasn't hurt. This led to all the other BS and hate Iowa accusations. It doesn't matter if that is what the coaches are saying. That was a dumb statement to make. It's pretty obvious that something is wrong. He has no strength and stamina. Watch his matches from last year, he is a shell of that wrestler.

If you don't hate the hawks why do you recruit age group world medalists and top 10 pfp guys for PSU? Maybe you don't hate us, but you're really not very nice to us. You hurt our feelings Willie.

So you missed every other criticism in the thread and picked out that one to go off on and then take it back to FRL and twitter that HR is delusional and liars? This is a community of many posters. There is no single voice.

I can't speak to the rest of your post, because I simply have no history or reference point. But, CP hating the hawks is definitely INSANE.

Frankly, I have never been a fan of CP. I always thought he was a little self absorbed and pompous. Pre-FLO, I always remembered him being so in love with Iowa wrestling, that he probably had to surgically detach his lips from Brands' @$$ so he could board the plane to fly to FLO for his new job!

So you missed every other criticism in the thread and picked out that one to go off on and then take it back to FRL and twitter that HR is delusional and liars? This is a community of many posters. There is no single voice.
How Narcissists Use Twitter
They are negative and antisocial in order to gain attention

A year or so ago, my lab started a study of how narcissists use Twitter. I even recruited some of you to be guinea pigs. After a lot of churning through the peer review process, we finally have some results to share!

Narcissists do use Twitter differently than non-narcissists, and they tend to be negative about it.

On Twitter, narcissists are more likely to be write negatively and engage in anti-social behavior in order to gain attention. They curse more. They talk less about positive emotions than their non-narcissistic counterparts and more about negative emotions. They talk less about being socially engaged. They talk a lot more about anger.

here's a summary.

We started by asking over 1,000 people to answer one question:

To what extent do you agree with this statement: “I am a narcissist”? (Note: The word ‘narcissist’ means egotistical, self-focused, and vain.)

This is the Single Item Narcissism Scale (SINS) - one question that captures narcissism as well as other longer surveys (Konrath, et al., 2014). If you want to know more about that, I wrote about it on this blog back in 2014.

Those people also shared their Twitter IDs. We grabbed their most recent tweets and did automated text analysis on them. We looked not at what they were saying, but at the kinds of words they used. This is a technique called psycholinguistic text analysis - how your personality and mental state comes through in your language.

Other research has shown that narcissists tend to be negative and do anti-social things to get attention. Based on that, we looked at how such things might manifest in the language people used on Twitter.

We looked at people's language about emotions, social interaction, cursing, anger and their anti-social language. Narcissists averaged more negativity and more anti-social behavior than non-narcissists, and they had fewer words about positive emotions and social interactions.

Essentially, narcissists seek attention on Twitter through anger, cursing, and complaining.

And it works! We followed up by looking at tweets with anti-social language and they were favorited more often than tweets without this language.

Certainly, not everyone cursing and ranting on Twitter is a narcissist, but it does garner more attention. If you see someone behaving this way, that attention may be exactly what they want.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201603/how-narcissists-use-twitter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT