ADVERTISEMENT

FRL Today "Spencer is not sick".

So you missed every other criticism in the thread and picked out that one to go off on and then take it back to FRL and twitter that HR is delusional and liars? This is a community of many posters. There is no single voice.
When trying to make a case for some position or idea, we frequently encounter questions which challenge the coherency or validity of that position. When we are able to adequately answer those questions, our position becomes stronger. When we cannot answer the questions, then our position is weaker. If, however, we avoid the question altogether, then our reasoning process itself is revealed as possibly weak.

Reasons, but a common one may be a desire to avoid admitting that they might be wrong. They might not have a good answer, and while “I don’t know” is certainly acceptable, it may represent an unacceptable admission of at least potential error.

Another possible reason is that answering the question might lead one to the realization that their position isn’t valid, but that position plays an important role in their self-image. For example, someone’s ego might be dependent upon the premise that some other group is inferior to them — in such a situation, the person might be strongly inclined not to directly answer questions about the justification of that alleged inferiority, otherwise, they might have to acknowledge that they aren’t so superior after all.

for the love of christ, vodka, it was a response to literally the last post on the thread.

That doesn’t change the point that you ignore the posts that make salient points, find a post or two with something you can argue against, then rant that Hawkeye Report is delusional.

This thread is about the irresponsiblity of you guys claiming unequivocally that there is nothing wrong with Spencer. And in this very thread we have pointed out where you have lied. Yet you ignore all of that and instead look for tangential posts

As I said before, you need to stop treating HR as a singular entity defined by the posts to which you take the most offense. You need to stop behaving like a child by going back to Twitter and offering up rants based on your faulty views of HR. And, finally, you should at least try to behave like a professional who represents a business, and converse like an adult with the posters who are making reasonable points.

Until then, to those of us who consider ourselves to be level headed and clear thinking, and who try to view things with an open mind, you will continue to come across as an unprofessional hack.

There is a lot of unfair hate in this thread, perhaps "delusion" is the right word. To be fair, for as tough as the hawks are the fans are an equal level of soft when it comes to the team taking any type of criticism. Hell, the observation that lee isn't sick (whether true or not) has lead some people to freak out and claim that as ear evidence for Iowa hate from flo. Come on guys.. no other program would make such a big stink out of this

There is a lot of unfair hate in this thread, perhaps "delusion" is the right word. To be fair, for as tough as the hawks are the fans are an equal level of soft when it comes to the team taking any type of criticism. Hell, the observation that lee isn't sick (whether true or not) has lead some people to freak out and claim that as ear evidence for Iowa hate from flo. Come on guys.. no other program would make such a big stink out of this
Who cares if they hate Iowa or if they love us. It has no bearing on our performance. What I have a problem with is FRL telling lies about one of our young student athletes and then having no accountability after. It’s unfair to Spencer to have these “professionals” telling lies.

SMALLS:
Stop reading lies on HR and go listen to FRL for yourself where we spend a couple minutes saying 'something is wrong with Spencer' in addition to saying he's not sick right now.

TRANSCRIPT:
“Talking to people with connections...There’s nothing wrong with him. There’s no illness.

Willie: “I know.”

“This is going to blow minds on Hawkeye Report.”

Willie: “I know.”

CONCLUSION:
Someone here is delusional; but it’s not the folks criticizing that FRL conversation. And based on the taunt directed towards Hawkeye fans, combined with irresponsible “reporting,” there is nothing unfair about our criticisms.

I can't speak to the rest of your post, because I simply have no history or reference point. But, CP hating the hawks is definitely INSANE.

Frankly, I have never been a fan of CP. I always thought he was a little self absorbed and pompous. Pre-FLO, I always remembered him being so in love with Iowa wrestling, that he probably had to surgically detach his lips from Brands' @$$ so he could board the plane to fly to FLO for his new job!

You're being kind calling the Shenadoah Valley HillJack self-absorbed and pompous.

I can think of one other program in the "midwest" that would no doubt make a big stink about this if the shoe was on the other foot so there is that although you can disagree and we will never know until it happens.

Reactions: slushhead
I stopped reading this thread at the end of page 1 because it seemed like monotonous drivel. Can someone with a greater attention span than mine please let me know if anything substantive was revealed on pages 2-7? Thanks in advance.

That doesn’t change the point that you ignore the posts that make salient points, find a post or two with something you can argue against, then rant that Hawkeye Report is delusional.

Good point Art...they live off this and have been doing it for a long time. Pick easy target to shoot down instead of addressing the real issue, call them crazy, wash, rinse, repeat. HR just presents the biggest target...but I guarantee you this: Pick any anonymous message board, even one with five dudes and one is likely to find a crazy take.

I stopped reading this thread at the end of page 1 because it seemed like monotonous drivel. Can someone with a greater attention span than mine please let me know if anything substantive was revealed on pages 2-7? Thanks in advance.

No, nothing substantive was revealed. That you are able to walk away from the train wreck without staring it suggests you are a better man than me; I cannot help myself...

SUMMARY.............
tenor.gif

An Interesting tidbit bit came up about what Spencer eats after weigh in.
Calamari and imported french chocolate.
Being the hypothesis that Lee has not been the same, it's an Interesting question of whether he developed food poisoning or a virus from eating sushi.
Although it's not meant to be an excuse, it does bring to question nutritional choices and how it effects our current wrestling team.

fake news. the only time i was ever demonstrative was when moisey beat gilman and it wasn't one of cheering against the hawks it was one of utter disbelief. i've long had a solid relationship with Thomas and his mother so any suggesting of me rooting for him to lose is delusion. he's one of my favorite hawks ever.

and that ^^^ wasn't in OKC.

The OKC year was when Tony (who i'm close with to till this day) won. And i was very happy for Tony for getting his title. there's a picture w/ me right next to him afterward.

so who was i rooting against? Evans, whose family i was close to for years? who gave me a signed Brands biography?

freshman Clark? injured DSJ? Telford?

it's just lunacy. and to say Christian hates the hawks is even more insane. when he came to flo every wrestling shirt he had had a hawkeye on it.

i mean, it's so absurd it goes being paranoia - it's straight up lies.
You're full of shit! We went through this after it happened and you said the crap about being a big Evans fan then. I know what I saw and you can say whatever you want, I'd lie if I were you also. That's easier than dealing with the Iowa fan base. Next time, cheer in private.

You're full of shit! We went through this after it happened and you said the crap about being a big Evans fan then. I know what I saw and you can say whatever you want, I'd lie if I were you also. That's easier than dealing with the Iowa fan base. Next time, cheer in private.
30d27d4e3950fb88d5b2d3ae2aa42f73dfabae38.gif

C’mon Bruh. What’s the difference between your post and an ostrich?
Nothing, absolutely nothing.
When someone hears the “POP”, let me know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT