ADVERTISEMENT

From a personal standpoint which side’s win will benefit you?

The best way Congress can help Social Security is to stop borrowing and printing money.

No, the only way to prevent about a twenty percent reduction in benefits by the mid 2030’s is Congress addressing our dipping into the surplus.

My life won't change much either way unless Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate. I'm approaching retirement and don't really need an increase in income taxes or capital gains taxes right now.

I suspect you will see the market slide either way. Taxes will be "corrected" either this 4 years or the 4 years after.

BS. Drumpf wins and we may not live to see retirement for one. He’s done such a p!$$ poor job of handling “a flu” that 100s of thousands of Americans are dead and more on the way; our economy is totally wrecked; he ignited riots all across the country by supporting and enabling white supremacists; emergency money that should have flowed to small businesses and individuals mainly flowed to the largest companies, Drumpf and his cronies and China; he turned away all of our previous allies to suck up to a few other fascist states like Russia and North Korea and has failed to adequately handle even small crises. Anything big comes up and Bunker Boy Is going to kill us all.

I’m sure even Wall Street would be happy with some stability.
Derp

The Constitution, the Rule of Law, the Separation of Powers, and the soul of America be damned if your retirement is "safe" although the economy has always done better under Democratic administrations. Shame on both of you.

My 401k says otherwise. Was losing money for a couple of years before Trump was elected. I agree the president has little to do with the market tho.

My 401k says otherwise. Was losing money for a couple of years before Trump was elected. I agree the president has little to do with the market tho.

This is one of those weird things; they don't have direct control but they have huge indirect influence on how the market moves and reacts. Policy, tax rates, tariffs, backing of certain industries, ect all move the market in certain directions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT