ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop

Plug power up 54 percent in premarket. Glad I opened this thread today and checked my shit for the first time in a few days in case something weird like this was going on. My previous worthless options, some expiring Friday went from being worth the minimum $1 are now in the money and gonna be up a couple thousand percent. Might get my money back I thought was gone.

Edit: hit 66 percent while typing this out.

I thought they said all the shorts are washed out of GME at this time?
Not true?

Shorts never closed. It was in the Congressional report. They can’t close. They Shorted ~220% of all stock that existed. The Shorts were expecting bankruptcy and never having to buy any stock back ever. Free $

Took some profit (kind of, more like recovered losses plus a few bucks) on PLUG options. Worth a dollar yesterday since they were so far out of the money and expire friday, unloaded them for a hundred some each. Kept some as lottery tickets in case there's another burst and my June and next year options are all back in the money and I'm up a fair amount on them.

Weeeeeee!

rollercoaster-scared.gif

I doubt it. These are the numbers as of 4/30

Shares Short (Apr 30, 2024) 64.37M
Short Ratio (Apr 30, 2024) 15.3
Short % of Float (Apr 30, 2024) 27.73%
Short % of Shares Outstanding (Apr 30, 2024) 21.02%
Shares Short (prior month Mar 28, 2024) 65.69M

This is only what is voluntarily reported. Bad actors hide short positions in derivatives/swaps and don’t report those. No one has any idea what the true shares short count is currently.

I believe AMC and GME are in a basket swap and their total market valuations need to be relatively similar for the swap to be in unison.

This theory explains why they trend together so often. I first saw this theory over a year ago.

Their valuations rising and falling together have absolutely nothing to do with either business. This swap is some kind of hedge. I dont fully understand the mechanism but have observed it several times over the last three years.

Since last night, AMC is up ~106%. $3.11 to $6.42.

GME? $20.88 overnight and peaked at $41.07 or 96.7%

How?
I assumed that since they both were meme stocks they moved together for that reason. That the WSB folks jump on both hoping for the moon.

I decided to buy $500 stock of AMC, hoping the price would continue to go up. Yet, if it doesn’t, the most I will lose is 60%, where my sell order will activate. I hope it goes up, but put a floor on how much I am willing to lose.
That part I understand, it's how "gamestop" is worth anything and happening again I didn't. The video was informative.

Best of luck broski.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT