ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Mass Shooter

A big part of these cases will hinge on whether the parent has reason to believe that the child could become a school shooter. If the reporting is accurate in this case then there seemed to be evidence that this kid was dangerous and a reasonable parent would take steps to insure their child did not have access to a firearm.
Well if the parent stated their fears to medical professionals then maybe the professionals should be held accountable. Which would end that career path for anybody smart.

If a parent didn’t seek help the smart play would be to say “ I am shocked and the kid stole my gun from the lock box”.

In this case it’s easy to blame the parents because they knew of issues and “gifted a gun”.

there is a slippery slope to all this.

If the gun was the dad’s and the kid took it…..

If it was the dad’s gun but the dad left the home months ago…..

If the kid got the gun illegally but kept it in the house?…. Need to prove the parents knew about the gun?…

When it’s publicly stated the gun was a gift that seems like a slam dunk but where do you draw the line?
I draw a pretty hard line. Rights come with responsibilities. I support the 2A within reason, but if you own a gun that was used in a crime then I believe you should face the same penalty as the person committing the crime. There are easy ways to keep your guns safe. Lock them up, don’t leave them where a troubled person can get them, report them when stolen, sell them through a background check process. People who don’t do these things are contributing to the fact that too many unstable/criminal types get access to weapons they should not have. It is sh*tting on the rest of society.

If you can’t responsibly hold your rights then you should risk losing them if something bad happens with your weapon.

Parents need locked up for life.

“There were nights where the mom would lock him and his sister out the house. And they would be banging on the back door, just screaming like ‘Mom! mom! mom!’ and crying. It was absolutely devastating,” she said.

Vickers said that sometimes the youngest child would come to her back yard asking for food.

Well if the parent stated their fears to medical professionals then maybe the professionals should be held accountable. Which would end that career path for anybody smart.

If a parent didn’t seek help the smart play would be to say “ I am shocked and the kid stole my gun from the lock box”.

In this case it’s easy to blame the parents because they knew of issues and “gifted a gun”.
In terms of medical professionals I don't think there are a lot of buttons they can push. They can report concerns to authorities. Some states have red flag laws. But there isn't a lot they can really do.
If the parents can demonstrate that they made a reasonable effort to secure the weapon that may be an effective defense. I think it is unlikely that they can demand this. Storage requirements are one of the meaningful areas we might be able to succeed.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I draw a pretty hard line. Rights come with responsibilities. I support the 2A within reason, but if you own a gun that was used in a crime then I believe you should face the same penalty as the person committing the crime. There are easy ways to keep your guns safe. Lock them up, don’t leave them where a troubled person can get them, report them when stolen, sell them through a background check process. People who don’t do these things are contributing to the fact that too many unstable/criminal types get access to weapons they should not have. It is sh*tting on the rest of society.

If you can’t responsibly hold your rights then you should risk losing them if something bad happens with your weapon.

The devil is in the details for any laws surrounding this. Knowingly making a semi-auto gun available to someone that is distressed and mentally ill is different than making a hunting rifle available to you teenage hunter... Who (without warning) goes out and commits a crime.

I don't think you can't ALWAYS charge the owner of a gun at the same level as the criminal.... because at the end of the day, the SHOOTER pulled the trigger.

I'm am on the side of making the AR platform illegal now. It just serves little purpose for legal use.... Besides "having fun shooting it". And it's just getting used waaaay too much in these crimes.

Take the AR away and handguns and rifles may take it's place, as weapon of choice for these damn school shootings, but the damage done by the effing shooters will be reduced.

We also need to find a way to attack this problem from the mental health side of things. Restrict access to social media for kids under 18 or something.... WAY to much warped sense of reality can be formed from being on social media.

“There were nights where the mom would lock him and his sister out the house. And they would be banging on the back door, just screaming like ‘Mom! mom! mom!’ and crying. It was absolutely devastating,” she said.

Vickers said that sometimes the youngest child would come to her back yard asking for food.

Well this is effed up! What's wrong with people!

Reactions: McLovin32
The devil is in the details for any laws surrounding this. Knowingly making a semi-auto gun available to someone that is distressed and mentally ill is different than making a hunting rifle available to you teenage hunter... Who (without warning) goes out and commits a crime.

I don't think you can't ALWAYS charge the owner of a gun at the same level as the criminal.... because at the end of the day, the SHOOTER pulled the trigger.

I'm am on the side of making the AR platform illegal now. It just serves little purpose for legal use.... Besides "having fun shooting it". And it's just getting used waaaay too much in these crimes.

Take the AR away and handguns and rifles may take it's place, as weapon of choice for these damn school shootings, but the damage done by the effing shooters will be reduced.

We also need to find a way to attack this problem from the mental health side of things. Restrict access to social media for kids under 18 or something.... WAY to much warped sense of reality can be formed from being on social media.
There is a reason it's called the "ar platform" you can build that however you would like, I have a link of building one on here myself.

We are a nato country, our rifles will stay with nato/ AR rifle platforms, we don't have a ton of AKs here and the o KY other semi auto in real numbers is the 10/22 platform, which, wait for it, is the mini 14 .223.

Reactions: Scruddy
Why would you post anything on FB a day or two after your child murders 4 people and injures many others?
Do a little digging but it's very obvious this family is taking the "we are the victims" approach.

The kid got bullied so bad he took a gun to school, while his parents made him sleep outside at night.

It's not quite that simple

Honestly, it’s shit like this that is why I don’t oppose abortion.

Shoot the mother.

Reactions: McLovin32

Where did you find this?

Many failures in this article to help him.

The mom sounds like a real winner

“I would find her in the driveway, passed out, with the car running and blaring music early in the morning,” Vickers said, speaking of Marcee — whom she claims habitually abused drugs and alcohol.

“She would have taken the little one to daycare or pre-K. She was driving him like that,” she said of Gray’s younger brother.

His dad is so stupid that after the police removed a shotgun and rifle from their home he went out and bought the AR15. He needs to be locked up for life.

Woah woah woah woah, are you saying, even with Amend 2 being in place, there are still ways to limit access to firearms?

WHAT?! So it's not absolute?

/sarcasm

Many failures in this article to help him.

Where did you find this?

That and more in the article above.

Reactions: beanerhawk
Not seeing where anyone is upset about the dad's situation...

I don’t know if this has been talked about in other threads, but how does a 14 year-old get an AR gun to school? Does it fit in a backpack? Under a coat he was wearing? And no one saw him put the gun in his locker?
A good friend of mine has snook into the Super Bowl ( Steelers-Cowboys @ Jerrys World) he snuck into both of the Iowa Women's final4 four games in Cleveland. A HS kid gown here snuck a gun into a Dallas High School that had metal detectors sit up and shot a student...my point is that whenever people are at checkpoints, mistakes happen.

Hey, they confiscated a couple of firearms from high schoolers (15 and 17 years old) at Davenport West HS yesterday.
There but for the Grace of God…

At what point to “we the people” figure out there are too many firearms to readily accessible to everyone to ensure relative safety for the rest of us?
“Freedom” come with responsibilities and Americans have proven over the past 40 years or so, we are no longer mature enough to have unrestricted access to these freedoms.

His dad is so stupid that after the police removed a shotgun and rifle from their home he went out and bought the AR15. He needs to be locked up for life.

They REMOVED them?

I saw they questioned them but I didn't see they took them away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT