ADVERTISEMENT

GG RIP Iowa wrestling #confirmed

Easily the worse performance I have ever seen from Iowa at Nationals. Major change has to happen even if it means Tom Brands getting the axe. He can talk the talk; but, that never seems to translate to his wrestlers and results on the mat. Iowa doesn't seem to develop their guys. What kind of cellar would Iowa be in right now if they would not have bought a couple good wrestlers?

We're a women's wrestling school now.....
How many times are you gonna hit this horse? It’s f’ing dead by now, gotta be.

After the gambling suspensions where we lost four starters we weren’t going to win it this year. We still got 6 through the first round. Drake and Real are wrestling well and look like potential finalist. Teske is what he is, but he’s wrestling hard. Rathjen with a bum knee, was a cover on a dive roll away from still being alive. Pk was out of position and got caught on a throw. Hill had a huge upset win. Props to him, who by the way, is likely our third most talented heavyweight wrestler in the room

Iowa wrestling isn’t dead. They’ve performed as well as I could have honestly hoped for given the news that broke in August. What’s dead, tired, and old is this constant bitching and whining. This is the third thread in the past 10 days discussing this. Give it a break. Don’t watch if you don’t like it, but I better not see you round here next year when this team is better and more talented.

After the gambling suspensions where we lost four starters we weren’t going to win it this year. We still got 6 through the first round. Drake and Real are wrestling well and look like potential finalist. Teske is what he is, but he’s wrestling hard. Rathjen with a bum knee, was a cover on a dive roll away from still being alive. Pk was out of position and got caught on a throw. Hill had a huge upset win. Props to him, who by the way, is likely our third most talented heavyweight wrestler in the room

Iowa wrestling isn’t dead. They’ve performed as well as I could have honestly hoped for given the news that broke in August. What’s dead, tired, and old is this constant bitching and whining. This is the third thread in the past 10 days discussing this. Give it a break. Don’t watch if you don’t like it, but I better not see you round here next year when this team is better and more talented.
Excuses are for wusses. Iowa still had an opportunity to represent itself well and they are putting on a poor showing at the NCAAs, which is all too familiar at this point.

Excuses are for wusses. Iowa still had an opportunity to represent itself well and they are putting on a poor showing at the NCAAs, which is all too familiar at this point.
Talk to me at the end of this tournament. I think we are going to see some solid backside performances. In fact, I still think we are gonna get damn close to a team trophy. Team trophy’s aren’t the goal, but when you lose four starters that ain’t half bad. Call that an excuse if you want, but that’s the reality of this years Iowa team.

We're a women's wrestling school now.....

It's a long shot, but if Drake and Real win titles, we have ourselves a possible resurrection.

I agree with those in this thread that the gambling was a HUGE set back but that doesn't excuse some of the bonehead wrestling at 74 and 97.

However, I think TnT get one more year to prove themselves because the gambling issue won't be an excuse anymore. The lineup will be better and then TnT will have to prove they can close the gap. If it's the same old shit--fading, injuries, lack of offense, etc., then a shake up becomes necessary.

You don’t know @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset very well so you.

. Don’t watch if you don’t like it, but I better not see you round here next year when this team is better and more talented.
lol-cash-me-outside.gif

Talk to me at the end of this tournament. I think we are going to see some solid backside performances. In fact, I still think we are gonna get damn close to a team trophy. Team trophy’s aren’t the goal, but when you lose four starters that ain’t half bad. Call that an excuse if you want, but that’s the reality of this years Iowa team.
And when we shit the bed in our saturday matches it'll be "talk to me next year"

Iowa is 11-4 so far and people are acting like the sky is falling. The 4 losses came from the 7 seed, 12 seed, 13 seed and 15 seed.

Meanwhile, Ayala, Woods and Caliendo are 6-0, with 6 bonus point wins. After that Franek is into the quarters as a 10 seed.

So, by seed, they have the EXACT amount of guys into the quarters that they were supposed to. How the rest of the guys score on the backside was always going to be the deciding factor. So far they have scored the most possible with Rathjen winning by injury default.

With all that said, how many of you actually watch the entire season and then come here actually knowing what to truly expect from each guy? Minus Brands, Assad and Cass they were always going be hard pressed to finish Top 4. With them, they would almost certainly finish 2nd.

Still, they ARE right in the mix for a team trophy and you guys whine way too dam early. If you start seeing guys drop off in wrestlebacks this round or next THEN you would actually have an argument backed by actual facts instead of feelings…

Iowa is 11-4 so far and people are acting like the sky is falling. The 4 losses came from the 7 seed, 12 seed, 13 seed and 15 seed.

Meanwhile, Ayala, Woods and Caliendo are 6-0, with 6 bonus point wins. After that Franek is into the quarters as a 10 seed.

So, by seed, they have the EXACT amount of guys into the quarters that they were supposed to. How the rest of the guys score on the backside was always going to be the deciding factor. So far they have scored the most possible with Rathjen winning by injury default.

With all that said, how many of you actually watch the entire season and then come here actually knowing what to truly expect from each guy? Minus Brands, Assad and Cass they were always going be hard pressed to finish Top 4. With them, they would almost certainly finish 2nd.

Still, they ARE right in the mix for a team trophy and you guys whine way too dam early. If you start seeing guys drop off in wrestlebacks this round or next THEN you would actually have an argument backed by actual facts instead of feelings…

I’ve been watching since they were first broadcast on IPTV Buddy. So nuts to you.

Just kidding, on the nuts to you anyway.

I’ve been a fan since the 70’s and watched every match possible. I’m not real fond of where we are right now as a program but next year could be lots better.

I’ve been watching since they were first broadcast on IPTV Buddy. So nuts to you.

Just kidding, on the nuts to you anyway.

I’ve been a fan since the 70’s and watched every match possible. I’m not real fond of where we are right now as a program but next year could be lots better.
I am not arguing against wanting more than what they are. I am arguing against the knuckleheads complaining about Iowa’s performance at this tournament so far when it is damn near exactly where the total 9 guys should be with considerably more bonus than ANYONE should have expected…

I am not arguing against wanting more than what they are. I am arguing against the knuckleheads complaining about Iowa’s performance at this tournament so far when it is damn near exactly where the total 9 guys should be with considerably more bonus than ANYONE should have expected…
To be fair, it was just three posters who are always complete twats. There will be many more in the next few days.

psssssst. >>>>> I know. Some of what was said above may have been sarcasm.

It's a long shot, but if Drake and Real win titles, we have ourselves a possible resurrection.

I agree with those in this thread that the gambling was a HUGE set back but that doesn't excuse some of the bonehead wrestling at 74 and 97.

However, I think TnT get one more year to prove themselves because the gambling issue won't be an excuse anymore. The lineup will be better and then TnT will have to prove they can close the gap. If it's the same old shit--fading, injuries, lack of offense, etc., then a shake up becomes necessary.
I’m sure the lack of offense this year was just a fluke. It’s not like it’s been a constant along with any of the other inconvenient truths you posted. It’s past the time to move on.

Reactions: drunkengoat
Some of these so called Hawkeye wrestling fans need to find a new team. Great round tonight for the Hawks. Keep it rolling tomorrow morning boys.

Easily the worse performance I have ever seen from Iowa at Nationals. Major change has to happen even if it means Tom Brands getting the axe. He can talk the talk; but, that never seems to translate to his wrestlers and results on the mat. Iowa doesn't seem to develop their guys. What kind of cellar would Iowa be in right now if they would not have bought a couple good wrestlers?
We are in 2nd with 4 starters out. Get a grip

It never was an excuse. That’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard. “We would be better if half the starters didn’t get suspended.” Gee, what a hot take.

Some of you MORANS do not deserve to be HAWK fans, trash! I would take some PSU fans over you bags of shit!
Iowa fans need to be psyched that their team is dropping first round matches that they shouldn’t? I’d take some PSU fans over you too…. At least they can understand an expectation to win. Get off your high horse. You lowering the bar of expectations doesn’t make you a great fan.

While I’ve shared some of these opinions overall, yesterday is not meaningful in that discussion. You can’t take much away from Day 1 scoring unless half the team gets upset in the early rounds (in which case we can listen to Tom saying we were not ready, we need to be ready, we’ve got work to do….

But that didn’t happen yesterday. Kennedy and Glazier botched their first match. Middle seeds like Rathjen are always gonna be a coin flips throughout this tournament. Otherwise, Hill had a nice win, both Ayala and Woods are doing what we’ve been waiting for all season (not just winning, but getting after bonus), and the rest of the crew is doing what we expected.

Tied for 2nd w/ 9 alive is hardly the worst Day 1 at Nationals the Hawkeyes have ever had.

fairly nice ending to the day yesterday. Still have 9 kids alive. some really good matchups in the quarters. IMO we could have 4 in the semis. I like Franeks matchup against Teemer. Couple tough backside matchups but overall not a terrible showing for the Hawks. OUr bonus point wins have been quite surprising so thats exciting as well

I would say, whilst everything certainly isn't all roses, if anything, TnT should be given some credit this year for how the team has done.

Certainly, the Gambling BS and the POS NCAAs response is NOT on them!!! As has been pointed out several times. Losing TOP AA guys like Big Cass, and Nelson would kill just about any team. Add in Assad who would be right in the mix to AA, and now you have basically 1/3 your line up OUT!!!!

TnT also tried to bring in AJ, wether you like it or not? The dumb ass, with his head on straight, is the best 197 in the country!!!

People then like to point out who they went and brought in almost using it as a negative instead of a positive!?!?!? Give CREDIT to the coaches for piecing a TOP team together!!!

Now I am guessing i am amongst the TOP MoFos up in here who HATES not being ON TOP!!!! So while I give TnT and staff credit this year. I am looking to WHAT they will get done next year? In my opinion, the TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP COULD be, within reach!!!

YES, I understand the MOUNTAIN we have to climb, but that IS exactly what I am talking about. There ONLY JOB is to GET IOWA back on top!!!! I for one believe they have their work cut out for them! They have MANY things that have to be figured out!?!?!?

1) Are the Ferraris in play? 2) Is Big Ben an option at heavy? 3) is Nelson coming back 4) How do you get Kennedy, Arnold, and Caliendo on the mat? 5) how do you fill the line up with additional HAMMERS to take out F*** st????

Again, a Top 1/2 (which I have no idea if it is possibly do to ALL the uncertainties!!!) of Big Ben, AJ, Brands, Arnold, Kennedy, Caliendo Would put us in great position!!!! Add Ayala and you have SEVEN AAs /NC in the line up. There are some others currently on the team who could maybe step up, and/or GO GET some others!!!

For me, HOW all these questions get answered for next season tells me if I am going to continue supporting our staff? OR if I am going to kick em in the pants!!!!!

I would say, whilst everything certainly isn't all roses, if anything, TnT should be given some credit this year for how the team has done.

Certainly, the Gambling BS and the POS NCAAs response is NOT on them!!! As has been pointed out several times. Losing TOP AA guys like Big Cass, and Nelson would kill just about any team. Add in Assad who would be right in the mix to AA, and now you have basically 1/3 your line up OUT!!!!

TnT also tried to bring in AJ, wether you like it or not? The dumb ass, with his head on straight, is the best 197 in the country!!!

People then like to point out who they went and brought in almost using it as a negative instead of a positive!?!?!? Give CREDIT to the coaches for piecing a TOP team together!!!

Now I am guessing i am amongst the TOP MoFos up in here who HATES not being ON TOP!!!! So while I give TnT and staff credit this year. I am looking to WHAT they will get done next year? In my opinion, the TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP COULD be, within reach!!!

YES, I understand the MOUNTAIN we have to climb, but that IS exactly what I am talking about. There ONLY JOB is to GET IOWA back on top!!!! I for one believe they have their work cut out for them! They have MANY things that have to be figured out!?!?!?

1) Are the Ferraris in play? 2) Is Big Ben an option at heavy? 3) is Nelson coming back 4) How do you get Kennedy, Arnold, and Caliendo on the mat? 5) how do you fill the line up with additional HAMMERS to take out F*** st????

Again, a Top 1/2 (which I have no idea if it is possibly do to ALL the uncertainties!!!) of Big Ben, AJ, Brands, Arnold, Kennedy, Caliendo Would put us in great position!!!! Add Ayala and you have SEVEN AAs /NC in the line up. There are some others currently on the team who could maybe step up, and/or GO GET some others!!!

For me, HOW all these questions get answered for next season tells me if I am going to continue supporting our staff? OR if I am going to kick em in the pants!!!!!
1) I don't think anyone is holding Tom accountable for the gambling. And no one is grading him based on winning a chip this year.

2) adding ferrari - was stupid. Is stupid. Considering the stories I'm hearing about Anthony and AJ and their lifestyle, it's not going to get any better and they need to go. Tom does not need to be this desperate. They are a program killer.

3) We're not at the end of the chips yet - but Real and Ayala look ready and fresh. Glazier absolutely was a deer in headlights. PK? I mean. he's a 157.

Next year looks good. Hoping that Nelson can get that year back. ACUhawk said Tom has really stepped up his recruiting - it needs to bear fruit.

Most on here don’t have the emotional intelligence to handle this tournament. This has even been clear in the years we won.

Emotional Intelligence is the ability to manage both your own emotions and understand the emotions of people around you.

Try to slow down your reactions to emotions - next time you feel angry, try to sit with it before lashing out. Why are you angry? Did someone upset you? What do you think was the emotion underneath their behavior?

Emotional Intelligence is the ability to manage both your own emotions and understand the emotions of people around you.

Try to slow down your reactions to emotions - next time you feel angry, try to sit with it before lashing out. Why are you angry? Did someone upset you? What do you think was the emotion underneath their behavior?

1) I don't think anyone is holding Tom accountable for the gambling. And no one is grading him based on winning a chip this year.

2) adding ferrari - was stupid. Is stupid. Considering the stories I'm hearing about Anthony and AJ and their lifestyle, it's not going to get any better and they need to go. Tom does not need to be this desperate. They are a program killer.

3) We're not at the end of the chips yet - but Real and Ayala look ready and fresh. Glazier absolutely was a deer in headlights. PK? I mean. he's a 157.

Next year looks good. Hoping that Nelson can get that year back. ACUhawk said Tom has really stepped up his recruiting - it needs to bear fruit.
Yea I hear you.

1) NOT saying that people are placing blame on staff for the gambling BS. What I am saying is, if ANY team in ANY sport lost 1/3 of their line up. Where would they be????

2) Again AGAIN, I was probably the first to say I do NOT like the antics of AJ or ANY wrestler way BEFORE the real horses*t took place!!! I was in the minority even then, but am TRYING to understand some of what goes on in todays sports. MONEY is a HUGE part of the "problem" if you will. Make a tackle, do a dance, get a hit, pump your fists, get the camera on you!!!

All that being said, AJ is still the best 197 in the country. The youngest brother is possible even better? Middle brother could be an added factor? THAT being said, I am with you on NOT bringing in the TWOOOO schmucks IF they can not get it together. Are we already past that point??? I have no idea but it is a BIG factor as we look forward and one they have to figure out fast!!!

3) AGREE

NOT sure if next year looks good? That was basically my entire message!!! Heavy, 197, 184, ALL in question? Possibilities YES, but uncertainties!!! Then you have a MESS to figure out from 174-157, How you manage those weights and the three wrestlers you have is a BIG deal!!!!

Then bellow that, you have Ayala, I would add Triple V, although he is coming off surgery, then mostly unknown!

F*** st is LOADED like a Freight Train!!! "Recruiting has picked up" WHERE!?!?!? The great Krailure just landed maybe the most ridiculous class in history!!!!! We need BO Basset, Jax Forest, like kids etc.... and NOW!!!! F*** st keeps racking them in like this past year, it is ALL OVER!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT