ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari says no to Iowa

It was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. Thinking it was just a comment that lead to his departure is pure insanity.

It is clear you’re completely oblivious. Total jock sniffer.
That what I said , it sounded crazy that Tony would handle it like that, and this rumor would be what pushed him out of the state.
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Well, I think history tells us AJ has a loose history with the word "no."

And here's the only important part of this thread at this point.
Agree, entertaining the idea of AJ for 6 months and Anthony for a year to help recruit little brother was worth it, since neither guy committed any serious crimes in Iowa. Now we have what all you guys wanted, older ones booted and only Angelo here. Who said TnT aren’t willing to work hard to get a blue chip guy.

Agree, entertaining the idea of AJ for 6 months and Anthony for a year to help recruit little brother was worth it, since neither guy committed any serious crimes in Iowa. Now we have what all you guys wanted, older ones booted and only Angelo here. Who said TnT aren’t willing to work hard to get a blue chip guy.
I personally think taking a chance with AJ was worth it, I mean he’s a national champion with 3 years of eligibility that’s impossible to find in the portal. Once the SS happened that’s when he should’ve been given the boot but Tom gave him another shot and he ruined that one. Anthony is the one I wouldn’t have tried to get on the team.

Many didn’t want them here in the first place. I was on the fence. To me, this was the second best scenario…the first being that they kept their head down, worked hard, matured into men and contributed. This goes for Angelo and every other guy that goes through here. The worst case? Being taken in away in handcuffs.

You can continue to play the violin on their behalf I guess but they got what they earned. It’s too bad because they are talented.

I definitely don’t disagree with the sentiment and criticism of older brothers is rightfully so. With AJ and Anthony no longer individuals intending on joining the team though, I just think it may be worth aiming to be respectful at very least to not dump on our incoming recruit and tarnish his experience as a Hawk.

You got to feel for Angelo a bit having older brothers who blazed the trail and left some carnage along the way that he now has to traverse. He’s certainly a passionate wrestler himself but by all accounts, Angelo has shown to be worthy of being judged on his own without the lens from the baggage his brothers were responsible for.
Maybe other fan bases have blasted Angelo, but I’ve never read a bad word on him from this board. The general sentiment seemed to stem from the fear that the poor behavior by his bros, would lead to the whole clan shipping out as they were reported to be a package deal. Other than PSU fans EVERYBODY loved the signing day shenanigans with the hat toss. He may catch some heat here and there due to his last name, but I think Iowa fans overwhelmingly are excited to see him compete in black gold.

I'm one who believes Brands has been too narrow in his recruiting focus--only guys who live the lifestyle, only guys who really want to be here, etc. He needed to take more risks, and he did. If every bet you make pays off, you're not taking enough risk. I give kudos to Brands for taking the risk on the Ferraris. The status quo wasn't moving the needle.

We've had a pretty decent past few weeks in terms of recruiting, transfers, U20/U23 performance, and Olympic Trials performance. This news, I think, is also a positive for the program. And we still ended up with arguably the best Ferrari.

So I'm cautiously more optimistic about 24-25. Let's get 100+ points, a solid second behind Penn State, and see where it goes from there. No need to bash Brands for taking on AJ and then bash him for kicking him out!
Who is bashing him for kicking him out??? Even taking a chance on either brother was stupid. No one else is.

Reactions: vhsalum
Who is bashing him for kicking him out??? Even taking a chance on either brother was stupid. No one else is.
Totally agree with Tarp. They made a bold move, and in the end came out with the second best result. I think their ultimate goal was to land Angelo, and knew with how close the brothers are, this would give us a leg up. Almost look at them as bait for a fish. AJ and Anthony are the ones out in limbo now, and TnT have Angelo coming in this fall. Even though AJ and Anthony being contributors would be optimal, TnT still come out of this looking good. TnT have always had big balls, so I don’t know why people are so surprised they went for it with Ferrari’s.

Totally agree with Tarp. They made a bold move, and in the end came out with the second best result. I think their ultimate goal was to land Angelo, and knew with how close the brothers are, this would give us a leg up. Almost look at them as bait for a fish. AJ and Anthony are the ones out in limbo now, and TnT have Angelo coming in this fall. Even though AJ and Anthony being contributors would be optimal, TnT still come out of this looking good. TnT have always had big balls, so I don’t know why people are so surprised they went for it with Ferrari’s.

No, TnT came out with the best possible result.

Maybe other fan bases have blasted Angelo, but I’ve never read a bad word on him from this board. The general sentiment seemed to stem from the fear that the poor behavior by his bros, would lead to the whole clan shipping out as they were reported to be a package deal. Other than PSU fans EVERYBODY loved the signing day shenanigans with the hat toss. He may catch some heat here and there due to his last name, but I think Iowa fans overwhelmingly are excited to see him compete in black gold.
Do we know for a fact that Anthony is gone as well? I'm not sure what all he did to be put in the same area code as AJ, but I'm thinking it can't be much worse than one or two of our past AAs have done. Not saying him staying is right, wrong or indifferent, but we've had some really really good guys do some really dumb shit and still remain in black and gold. I for one would like to see what Anthony can do with the right mentors and coaches. Just sayin...

Do we know for a fact that Anthony is gone as well? I'm not sure what all he did to be put in the same area code as AJ, but I'm thinking it can't be much worse than one or two of our past AAs have done. Not saying him staying is right, wrong or indifferent, but we've had some really really good guys do some really dumb shit and still remain in black and gold. I for one would like to see what Anthony can do with the right mentors and coaches. Just sayin...
To be put on the same douche list as AJ; for starters he shot up a teammates house before he ever got here. I also believe it was him who threatened to shank Chittum in high school. Was catfishing gay dudes on onlyfans with pics of his starfish but I suppose that’s more of just an embarrassing thing than anything. I’m sure the list is much longer but that’s what I recall off the top of my head.
I’m friends with the landlord across the street from carver where a lot of athletes stay (including AJ and Anthony) awhile back I asked if they caused her any problems; she acted like they caused her more headaches than most tenants but wouldn’t really elaborate more than just saying stuff like holes in the wall etc.

That’s a bit delusional, imo. Ant’ny is the worse of the three, imo. I believe he’s potentially dangerous to those around him.

That’s a bit delusional, imo. Ant’ny is the worse of the three, imo. I believe he’s potentially dangerous to those around him.
Back in March of 2023 somebody named Sabastian, who seemed to know a great deal about what had happened in Stillwater, posted here a couple of times. This is what he said then:

"Anthony you guys have no clue about. He is different than AJ. There is no way it is not a complete sell out to take him (or AJ). Just on his known record. What you don’t know is he literally terrorized Stillwater in his short time there. Tom and Terry better say they didn’t talk to teachers, principals, police or anybody in Stillwater. The kid is not wired right and he may not even be that good a wrestler. The youngest was a good kid in Stillwater and is an amazing wrestler. The whole situation aged John Smith 20 years and several wrestlers were leaving or recruits not coming if the Ferraris stayed."

Not delusional since I don’t know what he allegedly did that’s so bad. I’ve got AJ’s history but never did hear what Anthony did that was so heinous. Back to the question…is he officially no longer an option or are some just assuming?

Reactions: el dub
To be put on the same douche list as AJ; for starters he shot up a teammates house before he ever got here. I also believe it was him who threatened to shank Chittum in high school. Was catfishing gay dudes on onlyfans with pics of his starfish but I suppose that’s more of just an embarrassing thing than anything. I’m sure the list is much longer but that’s what I recall off the top of my head.
I’m friends with the landlord across the street from carver where a lot of athletes stay (including AJ and Anthony) awhile back I asked if they caused her any problems; she acted like they caused her more headaches than most tenants but wouldn’t really elaborate more than just saying stuff like holes in the wall etc.
That’s what I was looking for…thank you. Definitely don’t need that kind of crap on the team. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: el dub and tiltman
Not delusional since I don’t know what he allegedly did that’s so bad. I’ve got AJ’s history but never did hear what Anthony did that was so heinous. Back to the question…is he officially no longer an option or are some just assuming?
Multi Hawk once said AJ was bad but Ant’ny is on a whole different level. And that wasn’t a compliment, imo.

He was accused of shooting up a teammate's car/house because he hooked up with his sister. That was the big one floating around. Then you have the recent mugging allegation from Florida.

He was accused of shooting up a teammate's car/house because he hooked up with his sister. That was the big one floating around. Then you have the recent mugging allegation from Florida.
Not that this makes what he did right, but I believe the teammate hooked up with his girlfriend and his sister.
I thought it was a paintball gun that he used not an actual firearm. I'm not defending Anthony on this deal, but I would totally understand and have no problem if he would have punched the teammate in the face.

Reactions: Trapper85
All that shit was known before he committed over a year ago. He was taking the classes to catch up academically where he needed to be. He posted a lot of pictures from every room in his apartment over the coarse of the last year, and it was always immaculate. The fight and other shit that happened right before he entered okyst was all misdemeanor’s, was sentenced to going to anger management classes. I believed our insider when he said he was gone, even though he responded to a question on his instagram about 3 weeks ago saying he’s still all in on being a hawk this fall. Recently posted video of him doing mma in Florida and posed for pictures with the coach wearing Iowa shorts. Maybe he’s just in denial it’s over, but even Jim Zelenski burned all his Iowa gear after being booted. Confusing

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vic Vaselino
It was Mastro that was wearing the Ferrari girl's panties in the locker room. And as @T8KUDWN said it wasn't a firearm that was used to shoot 'em up. But you have to add in the pulling a knife on Chittum while at Blair. Butthole pirating on Instagram, and scamming gay dudes on OnlyFans. That in addition to the assault and theft allegations in Florida.
Aside from that a solid citizen.

All that shit was known before he committed over a year ago. He was taking the classes to catch up academically where he needed to be. He posted a lot of pictures from every room in his apartment over the coarse of the last year, and it was always immaculate. The fight and other shit that happened right before he entered okyst was all misdemeanor’s, was sentenced to going to anger management classes. I believed our insider who said he was gone, even though he responded to a question on his instagram about 3 weeks ago he’s still all in on being a hawk this fall. Recently posted video of him doing mma in Florida and posed for pictures with the coach wearing Iowa shorts. Maybe he’s just in denial it’s over, but even Jim Zelenski burned all his Iowa gear after being booted. Confusing
This is possibly the creepiest stalker style post I've seen in 20+ years on these sites. Holy Hell.

All that shit was known before he committed over a year ago. He was taking the classes to catch up academically where he needed to be. He posted a lot of pictures from every room in his apartment over the coarse of the last year, and it was always immaculate. The fight and other shit that happened right before he entered okyst was all misdemeanor’s, was sentenced to going to anger management classes. I believed our insider when he said he was gone, even though he responded to a question on his instagram about 3 weeks ago saying he’s still all in on being a hawk this fall. Recently posted video of him doing mma in Florida and posed for pictures with the coach wearing Iowa shorts. Maybe he’s just in denial it’s over, but even Jim Zelenski burned all his Iowa gear after being booted. Confusing

You simply do not disappoint.

Yes all his douchbaggery gets erased from his laundry list the day he steps foot in IC 🤦 gtfo here with your bullshit excuses lol

Reactions: vhsalum
A lot of wasted breath on a guy who is no longer a wrestler let alone going to stay eligible in a college setting. I said it on another thread but when someone shows you who they are, believe them. He knows the competition is better than him and rather than get exposed it's the same old lifting weights and trying to market some random product.

Reactions: el dub
Was that the same Jim Zelenski from the Auto Parts Fame ?? Did AJ ever beat Tommy Callahan or what ??? This whole thread is confusing...
No AJ snuck into Ted Reilly’s house and stole money off his dresser and knocked up his daughter. Tommy Callahan has seen it a hundred times. AJ or Anthony also took a dump in a box and marked it guaranteed.

Dresser has Carroll and a stud 215 coming in who had planned to cut to 197. No need for AJ. He may have to lower his NIL expectations, but he will land at some D1. Really thought Rutgers in Jersey would be perfect fit
Just to be clear, there is no way in hell ISU is taking him. They've already seen Chittum walk from Iowa for dancing with the devil with this family, and then watched as Iowa got nothing but embarrassment from either one without ever getting a single match in an Iowa singlet from AJ or Anthony. No one is that stupid to watch that unfold then bring them in and guarantee losing Chittum from their team as well.

My understanding of the situation was that Cody committed, gray shirted while an offer was made and put of signing the LOI annd enrolling until after his grey shirt. Then we all know what happened.

I’ve heard three different tales as to why he left. So idk what to believe anymore.
Chittum himself said it was because of the Ferraris. That's who you should believe. Some of the apologists were looking for something else, but it's best to believe the guy himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT