ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari says no to Iowa

Which was the 1? Is that when he had an "interaction" with Cass's sister? Seriously, what did he do that garnered him the 1 out of 3?
The decision to boot him after giving Mr fast twitch a second chance and him, ultimately, proving not worthy.

He said something super douchey to her. She told Cass, Cass told Terry, and Terry bounced him from the room. At least that’s how I heard it.
Did you hear it from Matt park, professional fake news detective??? What qualifies as super douchey??

Yeah. They at least put out the fire THEY started by entertaining the idea of bringing in AJ and Anthony. But I really wonder how many recruits we lost out due to this debacle?
So who did we lose in the 6 months since AJ took an official visit and now being given the boot without ever being on the team??

So who did we lose in the 6 months since AJ took an official visit and now being given the boot without ever being on the team??
I was told it affected the decision of at least one athlete who considered transferring in, but I’m not giving details. Then there was CC. And who knows how many others stayed away thinking AJ would be their competition to see mat time. Maybe Cass?

Multiple quality wrestlers. Pride. Reputation. Integrity. Trust.

For starters
Awesome! Now that the 6 month consideration of AJ has ended with him leaving, the blue chips that were scared can now sign with us, or portal in if they committed elsewhere in the last few months. We should see a big influx of blue chips now the coast is clear, and will be well worth losing a potential 4 time champion with a weird personality. I didn’t think I would get any details or straight answers because this is probably complete rumors or very over blown. Tony knows Ferrari’s pretty well. With about 15000 random young women to harass on campus, why would he pick one from a family his family is friendly with, and why would Tony not take it up with him, not cry to an assistant coach, not the head coach. I know Terry has more authority than your average assistant coach, but think Tom would be the one who would have to boot him. The whole things sounds fishy. Normally there would be no reason to care about the fan base running with wild rumors, but this family will be part of the Hawkeye family for 5 years, hopefully.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
He’s the person on X that said he heard a rumor about AJ. It was linked here .

Gotcha. Well, felt it was better that it was out there that he said something super douchey rather than people drawing their own conclusions on what he might of actually done. Wouldn't you agree?

Gotcha. Well, felt it was better that it was out there that he said something super douchey rather than people drawing their own conclusions on what he might of actually done. Wouldn't you agree?
Agree, first made it sound like he assaulted her. If any of this rumor is true, sounds like more of an insult than an assault.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
No no, all these moral saints who publicly sh*t on teenagers and young men, have absolutely no idea they’re worse than the individuals and families they try to shame. At least they attend church on Sunday and obviously have never made wrong decisions. Nor do they have family members who have strayed from their righteous paths! This bunch of “once was”, anonymous bad asses are going to tell you how it is on this form! Hell ya!

Why exactly hadn't he gone the full time ufc route yet? I thought that was the plan if things didn't work out here?
What the other guy said and maybe he doesn’t like when people hit him?

Awesome! Now that the 6 month consideration of AJ has ended with him leaving, the blue chips that were scared can now sign with us, or portal in if they committed elsewhere in the last few months. We should see a big influx of blue chips now the coast is clear, and will be well worth losing a potential 4 time champion with a weird personality. I didn’t think I would get any details or straight answers because this is probably complete rumors or very over blown. Tony knows Ferrari’s pretty well. With about 15000 random young women to harass on campus, why would he pick one from a family his family is friendly with, and why would Tony not take it up with him, not cry to an assistant coach, not the head coach. I know Terry has more authority than your average assistant coach, but think Tom would be the one who would have to boot him. The whole things sounds fishy. Normally there would be no reason to care about the fan base running with wild rumors, but this family will be part of the Hawkeye family for 5 years, hopefully.

There is seriously something wrong with you. Get help.

Because he's a piece of sh!t. Pretty simple. As you've been told here a bazillion times, but refuse to believe because you only care about him winning wrestling matches.

Once again did something correct? You’re trying to paint this whole Ferrari situation at Iowa like the Brands did everything correct? Holy shit man they F’d up and let them in to begin with; let’s not act like the Brands are the saviors in this story. They caused the shit show.
I'd say they did the right thing. Gave them a chance and it didn't work but gained a stud with Angelo.
Giving them a chance didn't cost us any recruits. Chittum, might have factored in some
but there's more to it with his dad. Yeah, AJ turned the SS into a sh*t show, but just a
bump in the road. In the big picture Angelo is going to be a Hawkeye with the potential to
win multiple championships. I'm ok with the tradeoff.

It's safe to assume AJ didn't abide by the conditions for him after SS. If it wasn't the Cass rumor, it was something else or multiple things.

Why not accept that this is on AJ and stop blaming everyone else for his troubles?

Accountability can sometimes be a gift ... even for a narcissist.

I was told it affected the decision of at least one athlete who considered transferring in, but I’m not giving details. Then there was CC. And who knows how many others stayed away thinking AJ would be their competition to see mat time. Maybe Cass?
You're full of it...

Gosh…what this narcissistic sociopath is doing…I just can’t make sense out of it!

And it just doesn’t seem right that a second major D1 wrestling program has essentially kicked him out.

And this who who’s wrestled 4 matches in 2.5 years…looking like a 4 timer for sure.

Noise Ruido GIF by Travis

Cass? What are you talking about?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Cass? What are you talking about?
I’ve never said the guy doesn’t have issue and is strange. I’ve just wanted to give him a chance on the team , because this is a wrestling team and he is pretty good at that, at a need weight for us. Because of this stance, the people on here with FDS think I need to see a psychiatrist. They need to look in the mirror also. If he broke some laws again or picked fights with future teammates then he deserves to not get that chance, but this recent Twitter rumor sounds ridiculous.

I’ve never said the guy doesn’t have issue and is strange. I’ve just wanted to give him a chance on the team , because this is a wrestling team and he is pretty good at that, at a need weight for us. Because of this stance, the people on here with FDS think I need to see a psychiatrist. They need to look in the mirror also. If he broke some laws again or picked fights with future teammates then he deserves to not get that chance, but this recent Twitter rumor sounds ridiculous.

Except its not. It's true. He did say something uncouth to Rose.

I don't think that's the (sole) reason he's out though. and I have no idea if it had anything to do with Cass taking the wisconsin job. Like Multi-hawk said - he wasn't holding up his end of the bargain with the stipulations given by Brands.

Reactions: el dub and sdvike
He was given a chance. Actually 2 given his antics at the SS. Give it up already!

Reactions: el dub
I’ve just wanted to give him a chance on the team , because this is a wrestling team and he is pretty good at that, at a need weight for us.

So, your support is all about NCAA points. Collateral damage be damned.

I'm guessing you'd quickly throw Kennedy or Glazier off the team if they created half the drama.

Oh, wait, I forgot, the SS calamity was Glazier's fault.:rolleyes:

I don't think that's the (sole) reason he's out though. and I have no idea if it had anything to do with Cass taking the wisconsin job. Like Multi-hawk said - he wasn't holding up his end of the bargain with the stipulations given by Brands.
No impact on Cass. AJF needed counseling and refused to address his issues. Extremely insecure and overcompensated for that in social settings. Glad he is gone finally.

No impact on Cass. AJF needed counseling and refused to address his issues. Extremely insecure and overcompensated for that in social settings. Glad he is gone finally.
Classic narcissistic responses, imo. They are so insecure that they lack the ability to admit they were wrong or to address their inner turmoil.

Last edited:

It was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. Thinking it was just a comment that lead to his departure is pure insanity.

It is clear you’re completely oblivious. Total jock sniffer.

Will probably never know unless he gives an honest interview about it, which I’m not sure he has reached that maturity level and is still trying to get on a team. I know when Downey had a long interview on flo, he admitted TnT expected him to be part of the wolf pack and stay away from the bars. He admitted he has to be a lone wolf who does his own thing and got caught partying in IC and was booted. His career was over by then, so he could be honest without it affecting his ability to join another team.

Also, why are so many people equating Cass’ departure with AJ? Cass is a grown adult who needed a job. Of course he’s leaving. He got a D1 assistant coaching job.

That has more to do with Willie's tweet. that wisconsin can be crossed off the list of AJ possibilities because of what he said to Cass's sister.

Will probably never know unless he gives an honest interview about it, which I’m not sure he has reached that maturity level and is still trying to get on a team. I know when Downey had a long interview on flo, he admitted TnT expected him to be part of the wolf pack and stay away from the bars. He admitted he has to be a lone wolf who does his own thing and got caught partying in IC and was booted. His career was over by then, so he could be honest without it affecting his ability to join another team.
At this point I think AJ could give an honest interview where he puts the blame entirely on himself for not abiding by the rules that Tom and Terry set out for him, and you'd still respond with "why did the fans do this to him?"

Why would you expect AJ to give answers based in consensual reality if it made him look bad? That’s not how it works.

He’s a national champ who has been kicked to the curb by two of the most prestigious programs in the nation.

Earth to Libertylover?

Taken on its own done by another teammate, this probably could have been settled with some wall to wall counseling by Cass; but add it to a pile of things and it is what it is.
Never heard that one before. Lol

Remind Cass to lock the door behind him or he might get a shiv in the a$$ from Ant’ny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT