ADVERTISEMENT

Gold for the dude over the girl.

But you're smart enough to know that Southern Democrats are not the same thing as today's Democrats, and in fact would today be fully part of the GOP. Because of course you would know that. Because you're smart.
Link to qualify this statement?

Swyer Syndrome

Swyer syndrome is a condition that affects sex development. Sex development usually follows a particular path based on an individual's chromosomes; however, in Swyer syndrome, sex development is not typical for the affected individual's chromosomal pattern.

Chromosomes contain the genetic instructions for how the body develops and functions. People usually have 46 chromosomes in each cell. Two of the 46 chromosomes, known as X and Y, are called because they help determine whether a person will develop male or female reproductive structures. Girls and women typically have two X chromosomes (46,XX karyotype), while boys and men typically have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (). In Swyer syndrome, individuals have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome in each cell, which is the pattern typically found in boys and men; however, they have.

People with Swyer syndrome have female external genitalia and some female internal reproductive structures. These individuals usually have a uterus and fallopian tubes, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) are not functional. Instead, the gonads are small and underdeveloped and contain little gonadal tissue. These structures are called streak gonads. The streak gonadal tissue is at risk of developing cancer that is often hard-to-detect, so it is usually removed surgically. Swyer syndrome is also called 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis; the medical term “dysgenesis” means "abnormal development."

Because they appear female on the outside, babies with Swyer syndrome are usually raised as girls and develop a female gender identity, which is a person's sense of their gender (girl, boy, a combination, or neither). Swyer syndrome may be identified before birth, at birth, or later when a child does not go through puberty as usual. Because they do not have functional ovaries that produce hormones, affected individuals often begin hormone replacement therapy during early adolescence to start puberty, causing the breasts and uterus to grow, and eventually leading to menstruation. Hormone replacement therapy is also important for bone health and helps reduce the risk of low bone density (osteopenia) and fragile bones (). Women with Swyer syndrome do not produce eggs (ova), but if they have a uterus, they may be able to become pregnant with a donated egg or embryo.
Thank you for posting actual facts. Not sure what the right answer is but apparently the issue is a lot more complicated than you’d think from reading all the experts in this thread.

So you definitely won't vote for Trump, then?
Nope. Not a fan of him fiscally. Not a fan of how he handled Covid. Not a fan of him filling his cabinet with swamp creatures after saying he'd drain the swamp. I don't have Trump Rage Masturbation Syndrome like some in the world but it doesn't mean I'm a fan of his either

Reactions: Scruddy and IACub
Thank you for posting actual facts. Not sure what the right answer is but apparently the issue is a lot more complicated than you’d think from reading all the experts in this thread.

Well I just posted some info I found where you can have female parts but boy chromosomes.

I have no clue if this boxer has this syndrome.

She boxed in the last Olympics. Seems she might have XY chromosomes, but women's genitalia which by the sounds of it is far more common than you think. IOC has some sort of testing in place and these two athletes meet it. Both were born female and have always been considered female. Neither are new on the boxing scene and neither transitioned to being a woman.
being mad on the internet has no use for these details

Reactions: Ree4 and 3boysmom
Depends. Is your side going to continue to allow men into women's spaces?
If it was my choice, I would not. But I'd also be willing to recognize that not everything is black and white and allow a reasonable conversation about it. Both sides of this argument are pretty stupid. What I'm laughing at you for is that the ONLY time you (yes, you personally) would possibly advocate for women, is when it's against a trans.

Reactions: RileyHawk
So apparently this isn't a trans woman, just a tough woman who met the criteria for the IOC to be eligible to box, and she won. Making, for some reason, the trans-phobes upset.
(Honest question, I haven't read all of the details on this.) If she is truly a woman, why was she disqualified from previous competitions?

(Honest question, I haven't read all of the details on this.) If she is truly a woman, why was she disqualified from previous competitions?
according to the ap:
"she failed to meet unspecified eligibility requirements in a biochemical test."

edit: sorry, that was for the boxer everyone will be mad about in a few days, Lin Yu‑ting

Reactions: Ree4
Well I just posted some info I found where you can have female parts but boy chromosomes.

I have no clue if this boxer has this syndrome.
Nobody does but some are making like they do. I'm not for mens vs women, but in a case like this where someone was born with female parts, was raised and always treated like a women... is she not a woman? Or does having a vagina not matter anymore? I seem to recall some Rs in some states wanting to check genitals before competition. That's weird as hell by the way.

Nobody does but some are making like they do. I'm not for mens vs women, but in a case like this where someone was born with female parts, was raised and always treated like a women... is she not a woman? Or does having a vagina not matter anymore? I seem to recall some Rs in some states wanting to check genitals before competition. That's weird as hell by the way.
based on the information at hand, i think Khelif would pass that test

Reactions: bunsen82
Ifc Is It Though GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Are you arguing she is a male? When did she transition, are you saying the boobs, and vagina are not real even though they have always been there?

Reactions: 3boysmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT