ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Brian Ferentz

I hope Brian takes Barnett and Copeland with Him, The OL has been attrocious and can anyone point to 1 OL that has thrived and been an absolute success under Barnett ? Name one He recruited and Coached up . Just 1. Iowa's OL is almost as bad as Deacon Hill. WRs save Brown have done nothing but drop balls and get zero separation . New OC better be able to bring in His own OL and WRs Coaches or nothing will change.

Hill is the worst Hawkeye QB I’ve seen. Note that I’ve seen Frank Sunderman and Bob Commings Jr.
This could be fun. I’ve also seen Bobby Ousley, Bill Dolan (a great guy) & Mike Duprey play with awful results. Yes Sunderman & Commings were bad as well. We’ve had some great ones with a few real klunkers (yes including Hill & Petras)

Is it confirm Kirk won’t just do an interim OC coach? You would think Brian would want to be preparing for his next role if he’s got any offers. But if it’s going to be OL coach somewhere I guess maybe not.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Most programs probably would have brought in a new offensive coordinator by now and had him for the bowl game practicing the new offense they will have. Getting some good use out of these “extra practices”
Instead Iowa will trot Brian out there one more time to prove that he is not qualified for the job that he had the last few years.
Can’t wait to watch the Ferentz family crying at the end of the game.

How is Brian still allowed to be on the coaching staff at this point?
Continuing to allow him to coach, which is resulted in the worst offense in CFB.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
How is Brian still allowed to be on the coaching staff at this point?
Continuing to allow him to coach, which is resulted in the worst offense in CFB.

00ec95f9-f358-48a0-a8a8-c0593591525e-large16x9_GettyImages1737963369.jpg

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
Its been wonderful having you here. We wish you the best moving forward brother.
I think a lot of people forget that he's a Hawkeye and only ever wanted what's best for this program. He played on the 2002 and 05 teams, and represented Iowa well in the NFL.

I think a lot of people forget that he's a Hawkeye and only ever wanted what's best for this program. He played on the 2002 and 05 teams, and represented Iowa well in the NFL.
Great. Now do the offense the past three seasons. If Brian and Kirk wanted what’s best for the program, he would never haven been offensive coordinator. Ever. And especially after 2021.

I hope Brian takes Barnett and Copeland with Him, The OL has been attrocious and can anyone point to 1 OL that has thrived and been an absolute success under Barnett ? Name one He recruited and Coached up . Just 1. Iowa's OL is almost as bad as Deacon Hill. WRs save Brown have done nothing but drop balls and get zero separation . New OC better be able to bring in His own OL and WRs Coaches or nothing will change.
You really think our wr coach of all people is a guy to blame? Seriously?

Great. Now do the offense the past three seasons. If Brian and Kirk wanted what’s best for the program, he would never haven been offensive coordinator. Ever. And especially after 2021.
Yes in hindsight BF probably should have never been hired to begin with, yes our offense has reached unprecedented lows, yes BF is a direct result of it, and yes it is right that he should be removed.

Are you convinced mal-intent was involved? I'm am not. Do you think BF worked his butt off to try to learn from criticisms and try to correct whatever he thought was wrong? I do. I believe he did everything he could to right the ship and it didn't work out. If BF was as successful at Iowa as he was as the TE coach in NE, we'd all be saying we're happy that they skirted the U's nepotism rules.

Yes in hindsight BF probably should have never been hired to begin with, yes our offense has reached unprecedented lows, yes BF is a direct result of it, and yes it is right that he should be removed.

Are you convinced mal-intent was involved? I'm am not. Do you think BF worked his butt off to try to learn from criticisms and try to correct whatever he thought was wrong? I do. I believe he did everything he could to right the ship and it didn't work out. If BF was as successful at Iowa as he was as the TE coach in NE, we'd all be saying we're happy that they skirted the U's nepotism rules.
When Brian gives us "What's the upside?" type responses to questions about doing anything different on offense, giving another QB a shot, etc. and when he and his old man stick to the same QB week after week after week (barring injury) no matter how bad the performance (see Petras and Hill), I just have a hard time believing that he did all he could do.

That's easy to say sitting here on my couch, I guess, but what else is one supposed to think given the above? I've seen only defiance and stubbornness from Kirk and Brian, from where I sit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT