ADVERTISEMENT

Gov Reynolds attacks on public education working: Linn-Mar to lose 50 staff members in budget cuts. UPDATE: CR also losing staff.

Question to you: It is probably listed in this thread somewhere, but I'm old and retired (kind of) and it is time for my nap so I don't want to take the time to read the entire thread knowing I might get distracted and miss it anyway.

What do you do for a living?
I don’t mind you asking, but with the cancel culture that exists in this country I am not willing to share details. I own a business that would be too easily identified if I shared any details.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
This is pointless. Have the day you deserve.
My take is you don’t want anyone to question your authority on matters of public school education.

It is also my take that you are disengaging because you don’t have a good answer to what appears to be your own hypocrisy. At least this is a pattern I have observed.

I won’t attack you or your profession anymore.

I don’t mind you asking, but with the cancel culture that exists in this country I am not willing to share details. I own a business that would be too easily identified if I shared any details.

I can understand that. Thanks.

My take is you don’t want anyone to question your authority on matters of public school education.

It is also my take that you are disengaging because you don’t have a good answer to what appears to be your own hypocrisy. At least this is a pattern I have observed.

I won’t attack you or your profession anymore.
:rolleyes:
Jeeeeeebus keeeeerist………..

No…I am a Democrat. What is your excuse? Other than being an apologist Trumper/MAGA Republican Putin ass-lickin’ sumbitch?
I make no apologies for Trump. I am not MAGA. I am a conservative, not a republican. I believe Putin is evil.

You lectured me on being respectful, but you don't seem to be all that interested in posters being respectful.

You can’t answer a simple question and want your opinions taken seriously.
You don’t want to answer because you’ll forget your lie.
Well, that is one way of looking at it. I answered the question honestly. I owe you no apology for not being as detailed as you would like me to be.

I make no apologies for Trump. I am not MAGA. I am a conservative, not a republican. I believe Putin is evil.

You lectured me on being respectful, but you don't seem to be all that interested in posters being respectful.
I don’t see how a conservative can even vote for a Republican in this damned congress. The Party has jumped the shark….and a real conservative would be a welcomed member I would think. And I am not respectful towards anyone who supports Trump….he deserves America’s full scorn. Anyone who supports that piece of shit needs their head examined. And there are a whole bunch of Trump enablers/Republicans that support this orange piece of shit. And if you’re a Trumpy supporter, shame on you. May you reap what the hell you sew/enable.

I don’t see how a conservative can even vote for a Republican in this damned congress. The Party has jumped the shark….and a real conservative would be a welcomed member I would think. And I am not respectful towards anyone who supports Trump….he deserves America’s full scorn. Anyone who supports that piece of shit needs their head examined. And there are a whole bunch of Trump enablers/Republicans that support this orange piece of shit. And if you’re a Trump supporter, shame on you. May you reap what the hell you sew/enable.
I agree with you. There are very few fiscal conservatives in politics. Also, I should have been more specific, I am a fiscal conservative. l

My choices this election are Biden, Trump, or someone else. I will not vote for Biden. Many on this board says voting for a third party is a vote for Trump.

I agree with you. There are very few fiscal conservatives in politics. Also, I should have been more specific, I am a fiscal conservative. l

My choices this election are Biden, Trump, or someone else. I will not vote for Biden. Many on this board says voting for a third party is a vote for Trump.
Hell, I AM a fiscal conservative! I dont want a Party to take me back to the 1950’s and make me think those were the good ol’ days!
Republicans/conservatives haven’t had an idea worth a grain of salt since they decided Reagan was a great candidate….Conservatives are now a Party of no soul and lots of rhetoric……Guys like Ted Cruz and the asshole from Mizzery are your “soul” and may God have Mercy on your soul.

Hell, I AM a fiscal conservative! I dont want a Party to take me back to the 1950’s and make me think those were the good ol’ days!
Republicans/conservatives haven’t had an idea worth a grain of salt since they decided Reagan was a great candidate….Conservatives are now a Party of no soul and lots of rhetoric……Guys like Ted Cruz and the asshole from Mizzery are your “soul” and may God have Mercy on your soul.
Are you ok with $2 Trillion+ annual deficits? I don't know much about you, so I will ask...do you believe you have a high level of understanding of economics and finance?

Are you ok with $2 Trillion+ annual deficits? I don't know much about you, so I will ask...do you believe you have a high level of understanding of economics and finance?
I am smart enough to KNOW that a government cannot be run like you run your household. My economics knowledge is not great……but what I have seen in my 75 years here, other than a classroom setting, no one else’s “expertise “ is anything to brag about……other than Bill Clinton. Gimme Bill Clinton….gimme his tax rates and his “pay-go” and let me enjoy the prosperity I enjoyed in the ‘90’s! Prosperity and balanced spending……and of course….a Democrat in control.

Still not reading 7 pages of this stupid shit. Did anyone answer whether this is just going back to pre covid levels or not, or not?

Still not reading 7 pages of this stupid shit. Did anyone answer whether this is just going back to pre covid levels or not, or not?
Thanks for the good question because I’m seeking the same answer. My wife teaches in the LM district and is unaffected, but I read about similar cuts in Minnesota and wondered.

Thanks for the good question because I’m seeking the same answer. My wife teaches in the LM district and is unaffected, but I read about similar cuts in Minnesota and wondered.
Minnesota > Iowa in public education and it isn't even close, Lake Mills guy.

Somewhere in the thread it was mentioned there was a decline in enrollment.

That would mean less funding from the state which could be the cause of layoffs. Of course that’s just one possible scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT