ADVERTISEMENT

Grab the popcorn for Trump-Reynolds fight

Can we at least be a little bit happy that she appears to have figured out Trump only cares about himself? She’s been burned and now he’s abandoned her. When you’re brainwashed, it’s very difficult to reverse your thinking. It appears she might have figured it out. I hope. Small victories can add up.
She'll bend the knee as soon as it's convenient and helps her politically again. Guaranteed.

Can we at least be a little bit happy that she appears to have figured out Trump only cares about himself? She’s been burned and now he’s abandoned her. When you’re brainwashed, it’s very difficult to reverse your thinking. It appears she might have figured it out. I hope. Small victories can add up.
2kzzjs.jpg

Does removing him, change your definition?

To my perspective on general MAGA policies and positions? Not really.

To decisions on priority of those polices and how they’re executed. Yes, he may be the flag bearer but he was steering the ship where he wanted it to go first when he was POTUS (the period of time when Kim was bending over for him). To how it is communicated, how it is perceived both home and abroad, etc.? Yes. I’m still a sucker for a good statesman and I think it’s important.

Removing Trump from the equation probably means a few other things to me but these come off the top of my head and I gotta go. Keep HORT real for me while I’m gone.

No, it doesn't. Nobody outside of the state cares about this game. It means nothing to anyone but Iowans. It's a terrible rivalry and should have been scrapped years ago.

Scrapped? Yes.

But I give zero cares to rivalries outside of this one.

Where has that been stated?
Weekly by Trump, DeSantis, MTG, Republican leaders and activists...it's like you just ignore what the people in your party say and do. It's like you didn't even look at the article posted the other day about what Trump wants to do if he wins in 24. I assume you'll continue to play your little willfully ignorant game though.

Wonder why Chris Christie was not invited-maybe he wasn't interested? He is actually a candidate who does not make me cringe.

I was gonna ask the same of you regarding the definition of the MAGA movement. I'm intrigued to hear your views on that. Trump is simply the banner carrier. Does removing him, change your definition?
Trump is “cover” for a whole bunch of stupid out here. Frustrated folks who are incapable of thinking logically love Trump/MAGA because they will do their thinking for them. Many of these folks have no clue as to how “local government” functions and they have allowed their ignorance to affect their idea of how all giovernment should work. MAGAs are big on “their” rights….but not so much on the rights of others.

The good folks I know who work at the Capitol in Des Moines are increasingly confident that she won't be running for governor in 2028. If she doesn't become VPOTUS, isn't nominated for a Cabinet position or name herself as Grassley's successor, she'll not seek another term and retire.

Lots can change in 5 years but I've heard that from several sources who have a pretty good feel for what is going on behind the scenes.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I don't think she can run again unless she sits out a term. Branstad left in 2017, right? She finished that term, won in 2018 and 2022. That term limits her.
Edit: Goodness, what if Iowa had elected a decent person like Hubbell to be governor in 2018?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I don't think she can run again unless she sits out a term. Branstad left in 2017, right? She finished that term, won in 2018 and 2022. That term limits her.
Edit: Goodness, what if Iowa had elected a decent person like Hubbell to be governor in 2018?

What in God's name are you talking about?

You don't think when she recruited candidates to run against those that voted against her voucher plan that she wasn't "savvy" and cunning?
She is evil, but she ain't stupid.

Not really. The Governor's office has close ties to political strategy think-tanks like ALEC and The Fordham Institute, they wrote a lot of the recent legislation and drew the blueprints to see that it was passed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT