ADVERTISEMENT

Great analysis on Iowa football 2024

That is a good listen. But he is kinda saying the same things we have all said on this board for a few years. A competent offense along with the elite defense and kicking game and you have a formula to take the next step.

Interesting he gives Cade points for "experience". Well, how many games has he actually played?

I'm optimistic for 2024. But then again, I always am.

Thanks for posting that OP.

Interesting he gives Cade points for "experience". Well, how many games has he actually played?
I don’t know how many games he’s actually played, but I do know any quarterback who has led his team to a Big Ten championship and CFP appearance is okay to start at Iowa in my book.

If healthy and able to conquer the mental hurdle that comes with the type of injuries he’s had, Cade’s experience and ability will be a major asset.

That is a good listen. But he is kinda saying the same things we have all said on this board for a few years. A competent offense along with the elite defense and kicking game and you have a formula to take the next step.

I'm optimistic for 2024. But then again, I always am.

Thanks for posting that OP.
He’s probably started 20+ games? I’d guess that makes him one of the 5 most experienced QBs in an 18 team league. Not to mention he’s been through six spring practices and fall camps.

Going into this season, he has thrown for about 3700 yards. That puts him in the top 15 all-time at Iowa. If he has a great year, he could be top 5 all-time, but obviously that isn’t all at Iowa.

He’s also 24, so presumably more mature than most QBs.

As others have posted and most of us knew coming in, Cade started all 14 games in his main year at Mich in 2021, he had 71 attempts in 2020 completing 61% of his passes, started a couple games in 2022 before injury and JJ taking over, then his several starts last year.

If the hawks get 2021 Cade with his 64% completion percentage and Iowa has better pass patterns for more YAC then I thing things will be improved and maybe much improved.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
Cade has a chance to lead the Hawkeyes to a huge change in their offense's ability and production. Naturally with a solid defense already in place the Hawks could have a spectacular season. I hope he stays healthy and the Hawks make a playoff run. It would go a long way towards making the BF offense a distant memory.

I don’t know how many games he’s actually played, but I do know any quarterback who has led his team to a Big Ten championship and CFP appearance is okay to start at Iowa in my book.

If healthy and able to conquer the mental hurdle that comes with the type of injuries he’s had, Cade’s experience and ability will be a major asset.
Yeah, we havent had a QB at Iowa who had a 13-1 season record if I am thinking about it. Chuck Long lost 2 games in 1985 and rose bowl. CJB lost his last two.

We all know the Oline has to improve by 20-25% in yards rushing, lowering the sacks and hurries by 50%, and therefore improving pass protection time by 1 second on avg for things to be really good. College defenses cant cover for 4 seconds all that well as there has to be one guy getting open.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Cade has a chance to lead the Hawkeyes to a huge change in their offense's ability and production. Naturally with a solid defense already in place the Hawks could have a spectacular season. I hope he stays healthy and the Hawks make a playoff run. It would go a long way towards making the BF offense a distant memory.
It would also validate all of our head scratching about Brian's hiring and why he was even the OC last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT