ADVERTISEMENT

Handshake brawls

class and decency are disappearing.

Everywhere and all u have to do is look up and down this message board. And we ALL are a part of it.

When you live in a society where there are specific places (message boards, comment boards, etc…) where u can go 24/7 and complain anonymously about someone else by their actual name….without repercussions. Then you know we are already several thousand miles off the path..with no return in sight.

So once again you feel the need to inject religion and politics into the basketball and football threads. It never ends with you guys. Your statement seems a tad ironic given the fact that this took place at a Catholic university.

Why, they don’t need Jesus @the catholic university?

Lots of misinformation out there about Jesus Christ, and who needs him… With that said, briefly, if you truly believed something so deeply that you are convinced everyone was going to die and go to hell, if they didn’t believe in Jesus Christ… what would that say about you, if you DIDNT speak out?

That simple question should answer most ALL of your questions, pertaining to religion, and when and where it is interjected…

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Not true. But go ahead and believe what you want. My grand parents never said anything like this, nor did my parents, nor I to my kids. I simply taught my kids to be graceful win they lost, and even more graceful when they won. But hey, you be you.

Then you are the one….congrats. “F#€k I run into 5 plus people a day who love to tell me how much worse things are now….so you are most assuredly the microcosmic minority.

FWIW it’s not worse per se….do some reading on past crimes, disappearances, genocides, serial killers, etc, etc….

What it IS now, is constant bombardment on your TV sets and your study groups, coffee clutches, message boards….it’s everywhere, causing depression, doubt, copycats, etc…

Then you are the one….congrats. “F#€k I run into 5 plus people a day who love to tell me how much worse things are now….so you are most assuredly the microcosmic minority.

FWIW it’s not worse per se….do some reading on past crimes, disappearances, genocides, serial killers, etc, etc….

What it IS now, is constant bombardment on your TV sets and your study groups, coffee clutches, message boards….it’s everywhere, causing depression, doubt, copycats, etc…

I don’t think he understood the context of my post. I was talking the world in general, my guess is he thought I was talking about winning / losing in an athletic contest.

I agree 100% with what you just said. The world isn’t worse, we just see more of it.

You seem like you enjoy history, if so I highly recommend “The Pessimists Guide to History”.

I don’t think he understood the context of my post. I was talking the world in general, my guess is he thought I was talking about winning / losing in an athletic contest.

I agree 100% with what you just said. The world isn’t worse, we just see more of it.

You seem like you enjoy history, if so I highly recommend “The Pessimists Guide to History”.

I love history, but my searches typically start with a small question that leads me down a multilayered rabbit hole finding the answer to everything except my original query.

😊

Last edited:
Reactions: WSC72
Shaking hands after games, whether in high school or college, looks good on paper. However, putting teams in close proximity to the other teams after a heated and competitive games, immediately after contests, isn't always a great choice. I coached sports for about 50 years and had to watch the handshake line every time. Besides verbal confrontations, I've seen kids spit on others or get punched in the gut. You get 15-50 kids on each team going through a line, you find everyone is not a good sport. For the most part the handshakes are not heartfelt anyway, just a routine...just let them go their separates ways like the pros. Good friends will find each other after games.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT