ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Sunday everyone: Chuck Todd will depart 'Meet the Press.

Out….kicked…coverage
1619203884777_n_mitchell_welker_hughes_210423_1920x1080.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Hawkman34
I would love to see Jon Stewart in that role - be the new Tim Russert. He gives both sides the business like Russert used to do.
He was great.

I would love someone who can adapt the questions to the answers and ask the follow ups. Too many journalists are not prepared and therefore can’t say “ Wait a second…”

So they let the responses go unchallenged and move on to their next question.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
NBC’s Kristen Welker maintains order for final presidential debate

Kristen Welker’s Presidential Debate Preparation Was Intense

Kristen Welker's Best Moderator Moments at the Final 2020 Debate | NowThis

Last edited:
Todd is set to be “Chief Political Analyst” for NBC.
Of course he’s politically neutral so he should be able to provide viewers with the kind of objectivity needed in that role, right? 🙄😡🤮
And with his Democratic operative wife Kristian (FSU grad) providing pillow talk it’ll be right down the middle. 💩💩💩

Reactions: Hawkman34
I would love to see Jon Stewart in that role - be the new Tim Russert. He gives both sides the business like Russert used to do.
That would be great, except the show wouldn't be able to be what they want it to be. It used to be a place where high profile members of both parties could meet to discuss issues with a mostly impartial moderator. However, in recent years these people have avoided places where they would actually have to explain or defend their policy positions. There just aren't many Republicans in charge that can explain their policies while still appearing to be a reasonable, level headed individual and the few that can do that can't explain the GOP positions that are impossible to defend (like the full embracement of Christian White Nationalists, the election denialism, defending 1/6 invaders, and full onslaught of culture wars segregation). So, either the host has to back off or they don't end up getting those guests on the air. As a result you end up like Chuck Todd and appear to be a kneecapped journalist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT