ADVERTISEMENT

Harris publicly states she will enact gun control executive order within first 100 days.

OP remember last year when you preferred Harris to Trump? What happened?

No, I said she was a much better person. Which isn’t saying much. It’s her stupid anti-American ideas I detest.

And now that you mention it, Biden saying she hid evidence that led to 1000 false convictions, maybe she ain’t that great of a person either.

Left of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

However, Harris never said the order would result in the forcible confiscation of citizen-owned guns. In fact, Harris made a point to say that this would not be the case. As she explained her position on gun control, she noted that Americans are typically given a "false choice" between protecting the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and confiscating all guns. Harris said the public needs middle-ground options, and that her proposal constituted a "reasonable" approach to gun control.

OP killed it in this thread. 👏 👏

bow-bowing.gif

Though I agree some broad gun reform measures are necessary, keep your mouth shut about that shit..... you're giving Trump and the GQP something to campaign on. Right now they don't really have much, but have given the Dems plenty to campaign on. Right now, im supremely confident that as long as they don't really fvck up the election is the Dems to lose. And it wouldn't surprise me if they take the House and the Senate....so play it safe and just hammer home why Trump shouldn't be president.

Now that I look closer, OP is posting complete bullshit again.....he has to be getting paid for this, if so then I can at least understand the motive

However, Harris never said the order would result in the forcible confiscation of citizen-owned guns. In fact, Harris made a point to say that this would not be the case. As she explained her position on gun control, she noted that Americans are typically given a "false choice" between protecting the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and confiscating all guns. Harris said the public needs middle-ground options, and that her proposal constituted a "reasonable" approach to gun control.

You missed this part from your own link but included the snopes editorial take in your post. Typical.

“Upon being elected, I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the Courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws. And if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action.“

And left out this part:

“In summary, Harris did say she would take executive action on gun control if Congress failed to act within 100 days of her taking office as president.“

Your link confirms the OP, so thanks?

You missed this part from your own link but included the snopes editorial take in your post. Typical.

“Upon being elected, I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the Courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws. And if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action.“
So you're afraid Harris will be inaugurated with special powers, like and Avenger or a Mutant?

No, an executive action cannot override a constitutional right, such as the Second Amendment (2A) to the U.S. Constitution. Here's why:
  1. Supremacy of the Constitution: The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Any executive action or order must comply with the Constitution. Executive actions are meant to implement or enforce laws, not to contradict or invalidate constitutional rights.
  2. Judicial Review: If an executive action is challenged as being unconstitutional, the courts, including the Supreme Court, have the authority to review and potentially overturn such actions. The judicial branch acts as a check on both the executive and legislative branches to ensure that their actions adhere to constitutional principles.
  3. Legislative Authority: While executive orders can direct how laws are implemented or enforced, they cannot create new laws or amend existing ones. Changes to constitutional rights or interpretations require an amendment to the Constitution or new legislation passed by Congress, not merely an executive action.
In summary, while executive actions can influence policy and administration, they cannot supersede or negate the fundamental rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

Besides, I thought the Supreme Court was on YOUR side, so guns are safe until the majority of them kicks the bucket.

Stronger Together Love GIF by Shalita Grant

And left out this part:

“In summary, Harris did say she would take executive action on gun control if Congress failed to act within 100 days of her taking office as president.“

Your link confirms the OP, so thanks?
Where is the gun confiscation in that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT