ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever been in a road rage incident?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I try to be a polite driver always. If someone cuts me off or zooms by me going 100 MPH, I'll curse under my breath and move on. I never flip the bird or respond aggressively.

You never know who has an AK-47 under their drivers seat...it's better be safe than shot.

How about you?

I try to be a polite driver always. If someone cuts me off or zooms by me going 100 MPH, I'll curse under my breath and move on. I never flip the bird or respond aggressively.

You never know who has an AK-47 under their drivers seat...it's better be safe than shot.

How about you?
I got flipped off once because the other guy was an excellent lip reader.

I used to be a lot more aggressive with not letting a-hole drivers get away with crap - like swerving in and out of lanes, tailgating, trying to pass on the shoulder, speeding up and trying to cut in at the last second for an exit, etc. Especially if there wasn't anyone else in the car with me. I'd go a little extra to make sure they couldn't do whatever it is they were trying to do. I have to be more careful now though - too many people resolve differences by pulling out a gun and opening fire.

A few years back someone cut in front of me at the last second when their lane was ending. He had zoomed up and cut in front of a bunch of us. I laid my horn pretty long, and then he started driving to a crawl. After a couple of minutes of that the truck behind me drove around me and the guy in front, parked his car, and got out screaming at the guy.

I had my sons with me, and felt bad about them experiencing that, so I've tried to cool down with other drivers, since you just never know.

178da0e0-6ed9-40e7-83b2-c03c6c101387_text.gif

A few years back someone cut in front of me at the last second when their lane was ending. He had zoomed up and cut in front of a bunch of us. I laid my horn pretty long, and then he started driving to a crawl. After a couple of minutes of that the truck behind me drove around me and the guy in front, parked his car, and got out screaming at the guy.

I had my sons with me, and felt bad about them experiencing that, so I've tried to cool down with other drivers, since you just never know.

That reminds me of a childhood road rage story.

My Dad was driving us down a 2 lane road and my sister (no pics) was trying to pour a McDonald's cup out of the window and she accidentally dropped the cup. We were maybe 9 years old at the time. I think this was near Vermont.

A convertible zoomed by and 2 middle aged guys started screaming, honking and flipping the middle finger.

My Dad said to remain calm and the men sped off.

Reactions: JMNSHO and Moral
Arguing is pointless

Yes, as many as possible because I want to test something, but nobody has taken the bait yet.
I would like to gauge my accuracy in a high-speed chase like you see in the movies. I find it difficult to get good data doing simulated chases in the parking lot and shooting at my employee's stationary cars.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
Once about 25 yrs or so ago, not sure what I even did but started tailgating me and followed me into the Randall's parking lot in IC. Got out of his car to exchange words but guy riding shotgun in my car was a biga$$ correctional officer at IMCC and had an equally large Mexican in the back seat, needless to say he got back in his car and drove off :)

Every day I have to turn left onto the interstate from a double turn lane. The outer lane has the right turning lane from the other direction merge into it prior to both lanes merging before entering the interstate. It's a protected left turn, and there is an obvious yield sign for anyone turning right. Yet almost every day, some speed racer will try to turn right and cut you off if you're in the outer turn lane. Those people get the horn for the duration of the on ramp from me. Most of them don't seem to appreciate me pointing out their failure to yield.

Had a guy take issue with a turn I made in front of him despite plenty of distance. He proceeded to honk and roll up on me at the next light, put his window down and started yelling and flipping me off. I calmly convinced him it would be in his best interest to keep driving. No fist sandwiches were thrown.

How about you?
Well I carry my own AK so.... Yeah, I'm cursing and swearing like a mofo while speeding ahead and cutting off the offender.

• Haha
Years ago I started giving people the thumbs down (with an audible "BOO" if windows are down) instead flipping them off when they do something stupid. I find it to be more demeaning than the common bird and less aggressive.

That's great! 😆

About 20 years ago I was driving down the coralville strip and the person in my passenger seat flicked her cigarette out the window. It pissed off some guy who followed me all the way home. I got to my parking lot and hopped out and casually started rummaging in the back seat, ignoring his presence as he pulled in, shouting and blocking the driveway. “I have a baby in the car and that bitch flicked her cigarette right in front of us, it could have blown us up.”

I was nervous as hell, because I have been on the bad end of an encounter with a violent random person before. I turned around calmly with the baseball bat I kept in the backseat (pizza guy at the time). I started walking away from the guy and toward my apartment building, and said, “sorry about the cigarette, I actually hate littering but isn’t it pretty reckless to follow strangers around with a child in your vehicle?”

He actually didn’t reply, and I waited by the building door until he pulled away.

Details??
When I was 16 I got followed by a group of I think 6 guys after a HS basketball game. I knew I was screwed when they followed me around the corner walking toward my car. One guy jumped me from behind. I was way way outclassed by a former HS all state football player and wrestler, arms pinned to my sides, back of my head banged into the sidewalk, broken nose.

When I was 16 I got followed by a group of I think 6 guys after a HS basketball game. I knew I was screwed when they followed me around the corner walking toward my car. One guy jumped me from behind. I was way way outclassed by a former HS all state football player and wrestler, arms pinned to my sides, back of my head banged into the sidewalk, broken nose.

My action was a bunch of teenagers that were intentionally tailgating me and flashing their bright lights. The could have passed me even though I was going speed limit.

Come to stop sign, I had black and silver pinstriped suit on with loud shoes, I put the car in park and walked loudly with the slit the throat sign on my neck. Probably looked like a guy from the Godfather the way I walked towards them

I guarantee those kids never did it again to any else

I used to do a friendly mocking wave and smile because it pissed people off more than the finger or yelling.

Now I don’t make eye contact and let it go.

My state allows children to open carry AK-47s so it’s just not worth it. Too many crazy ****s out there.

Had a guy take issue with a turn I made in front of him despite plenty of distance. He proceeded to honk and roll up on me at the next light, put his window down and started yelling and flipping me off. I calmly convinced him it would be in his best interest to keep driving. No fist sandwiches were thrown.
You typically carry fish sandwiches in your car?

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT