ADVERTISEMENT

Have you walked away from any friends who are Trumpanzees?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
In my case yes...2 people...

One has a disabled child too. Not real close friends, but one was a college roomate.

No. But I have muted or unfriended 3-4 on Facebook. I mean, I spend maybe 5 minutes every other day on FB, and they were completely deranged an made OiT seem normal and sane. It had to be done.

Yeah. Mine was more or less the same. Social media is evil.

There are a couple people I had to unfriend on social media because they post off the wall stuff but we hadn’t really talked in a few years. If they had still attempted to hold on to the friendship I would have ghosted them.

I regularly Facebook snooze people from both sides for 30 days. I openly, in your face, contradict some with whom I am closer.

One of my broth-in-laws is (was) an outspoken trumpy who was the epitome of th evangelical, god put him in office, idiot. Even though she has known me my whole life (she’s older), my sis will never figure out where to find the remains.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
There are certain people who get infected by social media. I see left and right both. I spout opinions here. Its kind of the point. Its the total lack of discernment of sources that is most disturbing. Twitter is just a mob. I left it.

There is nothing wrong with cutting off people from your life who support this administration if you have been paying attention at all the last few years. It is in fact the healthy thing to do.

I've been paying attention.

Just because someone has special needs, doesn't mean they don't need friends too.

As a moderate Libertarian I shun anyone who is not exactly like me. I just can't take any chances. Punting political footballs back and forth is just too important to not take a stand...:confused:

How do you feel about Cubs fans?

Now a man's sports teams are a true mark of character.

In my case yes...2 people...

One has a disabled child too. Not real close friends, but one was a college roomate.
No, but we have a friend who we think may be avoiding us rather than risk an unpleasant situation. She is very liberal and simply incapable of not talking about it, and both she and her husband know it.
It’s not a huge deal as we haven’t seen much of them in recent years, anyway. But it’s too bad.

No, but we have a friend who we think may be avoiding us rather than risk an unpleasant situation. She is very liberal and simply incapable of not talking about it, and both she and her husband know it.
It’s not a huge deal as we haven’t seen much of them in recent years, anyway. But it’s too bad.

My objection to Trump for the most part isnt ideology, its that he is nothing but a TV character. Good at one thing; self promotion. How stupid is it to vote for someone like that? Its literally like voting for someone from the Bachelor or Big Brother or any of those shows. I am embarrassed to be an American right now.

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
I'm not aware that I have any Trump friends. So haven't lost any.

I did meet this guy on a live aboard dive trip in the Bahamas in September. It's like a week of diving and 25 people in dorms on a 65 boat.

Really liked the guy, witty, fun to drink with, fun to dive with. Has some acreage in Arkansas that sounded fun that I was welcome at.

I find out later that he's like deep in Trump world. Has some gold presidential card that apparently is hard to get in terms of either money or time devotion or something.

Heard from other passengers that he makes some really questionable/racist memes... They were probably funny.

Anyways, after finding that out, I still like him, just really changed how I view him. Still text every now and then but won't be making a visit .

Reactions: Rudolph and Moral
The thing is and I might be biased here but in my experience the people who are Trump supporters are toxic as hell and will not listen to common sense.

How do you feel about Cubs fans?

Now a man's sports teams are a true mark of character.
For 30 years my business partner was a Cubs fan. In '84 we went into Chicago for a day doubleheader where the Cubs swept and took over 1st. It was the longest day of my life...
D5KfToNUYAAIQiz.jpg

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
My objection to Trump for the most part isnt ideology, its that he is nothing but a TV character. Good at one thing; self promotion. How stupid is it to vote for someone like that? Its literally like voting for someone from the Bachelor or Big Brother or any of those shows. I am embarrassed to be an American right now.
Not as stupid as voting for an opponent if you believe that would be worse for the country than the buffoon. It’s that simple. The difference is that I don’t think people only disagree with me because they’re stupid.

No but it also doesn’t mean you won’t be better off if you do.

I know liberals more toxic. Honestly, most Trump supporters I know don't give it much thought. Most people, liberal or conservative, aren't very sophisticated in their thinking.

It's fun to banter back and forth here, but at the end of the day each of us have lives filled with family, job, and other concerns that supersede politics.

It's really not that big of a deal. We survived W, we'll survive Trump.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Not as stupid as voting for an opponent if you believe that would be worse for the country than the buffoon. It’s that simple. The difference is that I don’t think people only disagree with me because they’re stupid.
You disgust me. You're like 15 years older than me but we grew up in the same town of Missouri Valley, IA. I frequented your family business at Sunnyside.

This has freaking nothing to do with HRC. This has to do with the moment we are in with DJT. The buffoon you reference is an embarrassment, corrupt, a liar...a threat to this country.

Wake up old man. Choose America.

Obviously, you're far from stupid.

So, in my estimation, you had to have gone through some very arduous mental gymnastics to conclude Trump was better for the country than Hillary Clinton, warts and all.

You disgust me. You're like 15 years older than me but we grew up in the same town of Missouri Valley, IA. I frequented your family business at Sunnyside.

This has freaking nothing to do with HRC. This has to do with the moment we are in with DJT. The buffoon you reference is an embarrassment, corrupt, a liar...a threat to this country.

Wake up old man. Choose America.
And thank you for illustrating precisely the difference and the problem.
I’m going to bed now, will revisit this thread tomorrow to see if anything good can be salvaged from it, which I doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT