ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land in-state DE Jeff Bowie***

According to Rivals they don't have a commit from an Iowa HS player in the 2021 class (yet). 13 offers out so far, lost four to Iowa (no offer to Harrel) and Lutovsky to UN.

They don't have a commit-PERIOD. Their entire athletic department is spiraling downward at a rapid pace.

He's a standout student.

At least he’s got that going for him!

Honestly, hope he is a Hawk and wish him the best regardless of where he goes. If he doesn’t go to Iowa, hope it’s Stanford so the Hawks aren't tormented by his play at either Wisconsin or Netra5hka.

Last edited:
Reactions: cm8124
At least he’s got that going for him!

Honestly, hope he is a Hawk and wish him the best regardless of where he goes. If he doesn’t go to Iowa, hope it’s Stanford so the Hawks are tormented by his play at either Wisconsin or Netra5hka.

I agree completely and if Stanford does offer I'd bet a large sum of money that's where he goes.

Word has been starting to spread through Tiffin and NL that Iowa is a long shot for T.J. Iowa St, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Cal. I know talk here has been the 3-4 as the main issue, but I hear it's more to do with an engineering program.

If he picks Iowa St or Nebraska, I question his desire for excellence. I get Wisconsin since they run 3-4 and have great academics or the west coast schools.

No one needs to worry about Iowa's DLine and TE recruiting. With Sullivan from Minnesota recruited... linebacker will be good too.

Don't care where Boller ends up.

Reactions: kwik44 and TtotheL
Going into recruiting for 2021 I thought the same! Must gets IMHO were Colby, Liddle, and Bowie and we landed all three!!! Bollers seemed to me like another Mosai Newsom and Fidone hadn’t had exploded onto the scene so wasn’t sure about him. We all know how recruiting websites go... hold out, go to camps, and raise those stars... what all these fools don’t understand is that the state of Iowa has a lot more talent then some of our neighboring states and we pluck the 3*s that would would 4*s before they get to that point. Fidone would be a fool to choose any other school if he’s truly confident in his TE skills. Bollers seems like the biggest attention whore we’ve had in the past decade... too small to play DE, Hudl tape not that impressive, and weak ass high school stats!! :oops:
Exhibit A of how some of our fans need to get a grip. Now hes an attention whore? How? I dont see him doing an excess of media interviews or having some huge social media presence. Is Duece Hogan an attention whore or is that different because he chose your team?

Bollers doesnt want to come to Iowa as of now. I've heard a 100 reasons why to date, but most are likely BS by sour grape fans like yourself. Sounds like the coaches are still trying to get him so maybe a little early for the "we didnt want him anyway" losers to come out.

Exhibit A of how some of our fans need to get a grip. Now hes an attention whore? How? I dont see him doing an excess of media interviews or having some huge social media presence. Is Duece Hogan an attention whore or is that different because he chose your team?

Bollers doesnt want to come to Iowa as of now. I've heard a 100 reasons why to date, but most are likely BS by sour grape fans like yourself. Sounds like the coaches are still trying to get him so maybe a little early for the "we didnt want him anyway" losers to come out.

Exactly. He hasn't been bad-mouthing Iowa or doing anything bad. Just seeing where the recruiting process takes him. Iowa wouldn't still be recruiting him if he was guilty of all the things that is being said about him.

I think it’s in poor taste to bad mouth a kid over where he chooses. That is an ISU move (hell their AD and Coach both ripped Blaise G for going to Braska which is seriously pathetic). It’s his choice and from all accounts a bright kid. The only time I get a little irritated is when a kid leads a team on and then hangs them high and dry at the end when the coaches feel that spot was sewn up at a position but it happens.

Ames CC without a single commit from the top 10 Iowa kids for 21. Hmmm

I remember this being a big fear that ISU would start being a problem stealing Iowa kids with Campbell's "success". If anything last 3 years have been total opposite and Iowa has been getting bulk of their top in state targets.

Great to see Iowa get a kid like Bowie. First off just taking another Iowa kid as from what the mods are saying one of if not the most talented class in sometime in Iowa. He is one of these guys last few years that isn't technically a 4* but still highly rated guy and Iowa has been pulling in a lot of these high 3* that could easily be ranked higher. Guys like Fant, Alaric Jackson, Tracey & Goodson etc and molding them into great players.

the real question is are we still in the running for his brother, David Bowie?

Labyrinth-david-bowie-31564792-1702-2560.jpg

Reactions: herkyhawkeye76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT