ADVERTISEMENT

HCQ? You read it here first

Hello everyone

He was never taking it in the first place.
He got 8000 mg of Regeneron antibodies that saved his ass.

Antibodies that none of the rest of us have access to.

Fake news. AMA has this on as a resolution. It's like a legislator introducing a bill. The resolution has to be passed by the House of Delegates to be AMA policy. It was not. Recommendation was to not affirm the document.

AMA stands by doctors ability to prescribe drugs in an off label fashion when their clinical judgement proves it to be medically necessary. That lends zero additional support to the use of HCQ.

Frankly the use of HCQ is stupid and political. There is no additional benefit no matter how much people want to believe there is. The data is pretty clear.

Report of Reference Committee E - Annotated (ama-assn.org)

How many 10s of thousand of people could have been saved if we would have been using this from the start?

But Trump touted it and the Corona-bros locked it down.

There is blood on your hands.
Likely zero to a couple. And that would probably have been from the azithromycin.

People don't understand the difference between recommended based on high level evidence (i.e. it works), recommended based on limited evidence (i.e. it might work), not recommended but not discouraged based on conflicting or anecdotal evidence with low potential for harm (i.e. what this resolution was), and not recommended due to lack of efficacy and/or potential for harm.

The AMA resolution suggested that they aren't discouraging doctors from using it off label, but they aren't recommending routine use. Further, as @Urohawk stated, this was a proposal that was not approved (which is why it was "hidden").

There is absolutely nothing ground breaking about this, but the people who are clamoring that hydroxycholorquine was made political obviously are looking for any reason to support use because... they are making it political with a background of insufficient education for context.

It’s just too bad 45* didn’t advocate for chlorpromazine instead. It would’ve truly helped his followers, way more than hydroxychloroquine.

Fake news. AMA has this on as a resolution. It's like a legislator introducing a bill. The resolution has to be passed by the House of Delegates to be AMA policy. It was not. Recommendation was to not affirm the document.

AMA stands by doctors ability to prescribe drugs in an off label fashion when their clinical judgement proves it to be medically necessary. That lends zero additional support to the use of HCQ.

Frankly the use of HCQ is stupid and political. There is no additional benefit no matter how much people want to believe there is. The data is pretty clear.

Report of Reference Committee E - Annotated (ama-assn.org)
Isn’t that EXACTLY what Dr Kaur tweeted (which I posted w/o comment): that it was a resolution? And she linked the pertinent resolutions report for people to see.

You sure all seem to get your panties in a twist when anything contrary to your collective genius is posted.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Isn’t that EXACTLY what Dr Kaur tweeted (which I posted w/o comment): that it was a resolution?
That's not what you're posting it as. You're pretending it is something "official".

It is not. Nor is it supported by any scientific evidence to date.

If your SIL was in the hospital, it was probably too late for HCQ + Azithromycin to work. HCQ's use in that combination is to help Azithromycin be absorbed into cells to prevent virus replication. Once the virus has replicated to the point where a cytokine storm is triggered, the HCQ cocktail won't be effective.
It was administered while she was in her care center. She was sent to ICU after a few days (5-6 maybe) with O2 levels struggling to get to 90% with 4L. She was in ICU for several more days and couldn’t get above 90% with 10L, and that’s when she qualified for the Mayo study of convalescent plasma. O2 steadily rose, and after 10 days was at 96% on room air.

What ultimately helped her? I have an opinion that it was the plasma. Could the HCQ and AZ that helped? Who knows, could be.
I understand the science behind the biochemistry of HCQ and AZ and convalescent plasma, but my whole point is that her case and the others in this thread are all anecdotal. And, anecdotes are where controlled studies stem from.

Reactions: hawkedoff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT