ADVERTISEMENT

He’s got……a point.

I've read many letters from religious leaders (brought in by employees seeking mandate exemptions) that explain it would be a violation of the adherent's faith that God will protect them if they take a preventative measure, but it's not a violation of faith to seek medical treatment after becoming ill.

Posted FWIW.

I've read many letters from religious leaders (brought in by employees seeking mandate exemptions) that explain it would be a violation of the adherent's faith that God will protect them if they take a preventative measure, but it's not a violation of faith to seek medical treatment after becoming ill.

Posted FWIW.

Sounds good. They should seek medical treatment from the hospital owned and operated by their church.

Posted FWIW.

"many people are saying"

Meanwhile, the Pope, himself, tells people to get the vaccines.

Reactions: JMSBFD
Hospitals throughout the country are again getting inundated with Covid patients, most of whom are unvaxxed. Priority system needs to be set up for Covid patients with the vaxxed getting first priority. Unvaxxed go to the end of the line even after the critically ill non-Covid patients are treated.

Now what I DO receive from Catholics are their own letters objecting to the vaccine because fetal stem cell lines were used in the testing and the development of the vaccines.

Posted FWIW.
Hahahaha, where has this been a defense on a large scale for all the other vaccines most Americans recieve?

Now what I DO receive from Catholics are their own letters objecting to the vaccine because fetal stem cell lines were used in the testing and the development of the vaccines.
...only the Pope said THOSE vaccines were "ok" for Covid, too.

You can also find that at the Holy See website.

Posted FWIW.

So the attitude is "Don't take medicine because God will protect me - but if God drops the ball and doesn't protect me Eff him, gimme some medicine."

Yup. Including a dumb fvck uncle of mine. You don’t trust them to jab you in the arm but you’re perfectly fine with them jamming a tube down your throat. Goddamned idiots.

Another common theme is the whole "Your Body is God's Temple, and You Shall Not Defile It" thing. Introducing a substance into your blood is not the same thing as a vent tube.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
Im not gonna read that. If you had a good point, you would make it and then I MIGHT take the time to read it, but you can **** off with homework assignments.

The fact that you (and most Americans) won't read through all the crap the bureaucrats create for us speaks volumes.

Another common theme is the whole "Your Body is God's Temple, and You Shall Not Defile It" thing. Introducing a substance into your blood is not the same thing as a vent tube.
Nobody against the COVID vaccination is against it for that reason. If they are then none of their kids are vaccinated against rubella and measles, etc.

Please stop. It’s such a bullshit lie.

No where in the Bible or a church worth anything is it said to not take a vaccine. Funny thing is our pastor used to teach science and will tell anyone this if asked.

The fact that you (and most Americans) won't read through all the crap the bureaucrats create for us speaks volumes.
I knew you would say exactly this.

No the thing is, my time is valuable. I have shit to accomplish. If you were as important as you say you are, I would think you would get that. Its more likely that you are an old man running out of shit to do on a daily basis.

Do you want to convince me of something or not? Make your point if its so convincing or move along because Im sick of turds scouring the net to find something to fit their bias and posting it for everyone else to waste their time on. If you have a convincing arguement then make it. If you cant, then I assume it wasnt that good in the first place.

I knew you would say exactly this.

No the thing is, my time is valuable. I have shit to accomplish. If you were as important as you say you are, I would think you would get that. Its more likely that you are an old man running out of shit to do on a daily basis.

Do you want to convince me of something or not? Make your point if its so convincing or move along because Im sick of turds scouring the net to find something to fit their bias and posting it for everyone else to waste their time on. If you have a convincing arguement then make it. If you cant, then I assume it wasnt that good in the first place.

In 1964 Congress passed, and the President signed, the Civil Rights Act, which among many other things, protected Americans against employment discrimination on the basis of religion.

If your sincerely-held religious beliefs, observances or practices prohibit vaccination, then your employer is obligated under the law to find a reasonable accommodation, absent undue hardship.

Nobody against the COVID vaccination is against it for that reason. If they are then none of their kids are vaccinated against rubella and measles, etc.

Please stop. It’s such a bullshit lie.

Teasing out "sincerely-held" religious beliefs from "lies" is extremely difficult and fraught with pitfalls, and is not recommended without consulting legal counsel.

In 1964 Congress passed, and the President signed, the Civil Rights Act, which among many other things, protected Americans against employment discrimination on the basis of religion.

If your sincerely-held religious beliefs, observances or practices prohibit vaccination, then your employer is obligated under the law to find a reasonable accommodation, absent undue hardship.
I get that, but at the same time, how many people are making this claim and didnt object to their childs vaccines or the vaccines that are required in pretty much all healthcare jobs? This doesnt seem that "sincere" of a religious belief if thats the case.

I get that, but at the same time, how many people are making this claim and didnt object to their childs vaccines or the vaccines that are required in pretty much all healthcare jobs? This doesnt seem that "sincere" of a religious belief if thats the case.

Teasing out "sincerely-held" religious beliefs from "lies" is extremely difficult and fraught with pitfalls, and is not recommended without consulting legal counsel.

If consistency isnt a requirement, whats stopping me from saying going to work with a shirt on is against my religion? Or I have to be allowed to drink alcohol? There is a line and when people havent been consistent, I think thats the line.

If consistency isnt a requirement, whats stopping me from saying going to work with a shirt on is against my religion? Or I have to be allowed to drink alcohol? There is a line and when people havent been consistent, I think thats the line.

First of all, people are allowed to become more liberal or more devout over time, or even convert to an entirely different religion altogether!

Secondly, you may indeed state that coming to work without a shirt or while intoxicated is your sincerely-held religious belief, but it might not pass the "undue hardship on the employer" test.

First of all, people are allowed to become more liberal or more devout over time, or even convert to an entirely different religion altogether!

Secondly, you may indeed state that coming to work without a shirt or while intoxicated is your sincerely-held religious belief, but it might not pass the "undue hardship on the employer" test.
How would my shirtlessness cause an undue hardship?

As a closing thought, remember that we can't just ignore all our laws, regulations, precedents and the very foundations of our country just because a scary germ comes along.

That's even more of a reason to protect all those things, because if our values can be casually discarded because of an "emergency," then we don't really have any values at all.

Hospitals throughout the country are again getting inundated with Covid patients, most of whom are unvaxxed. Priority system needs to be set up for Covid patients with the vaxxed getting first priority. Unvaxxed go to the end of the line even after the critically ill non-Covid patients are treated.
Exactly this. Don't take the vaccine and hospital needs a bed, go talk to your local Joel Osteen. Let the fake churches handle these cases and solve a few problems...vax deniers can thin themselves out and the true churches will be easier to spot. You want to be anti vax ,good for you but don't take up a bed because you suddenly can't breath. And I'm for this on drunk drivers, OD, etc...if the beds get to capacity. Time to prioritize at that point.

Exactly this. Don't take the vaccine and hospital needs a bed, go talk to your local Joel Osteen. Let the fake churches handle these cases and solve a few problems...vax deniers can thin themselves out and the true churches will be easier to spot. You want to be anti vax ,good for you but don't take up a bed because you suddenly can't breath. And I'm for this on drunk drivers, OD, etc...if the beds get to capacity. Time to prioritize at that point.

Well, we have laws and regulations about that, too.

Isn't it agonizing when we can't get anything done because of annoying rights and rules and stuff?

Your female coworkers would claim it's sexual harassment.
They couldnt complain that someone was putting them at risk by not being vaccinated?

Point is, there is clearly a line. Saying something is against your religion isnt a free pass for everything. Plus, the threat of losing the workforce because someone refuses to get vaccinated could be viewed as an undue hardship also.

They couldnt complain that someone was putting them at risk by not being vaccinated?

Point is, there is clearly a line. Saying something is against your religion isnt a free pass for everything. Plus, the threat of losing the workforce because someone refuses to get vaccinated could be viewed as an undue hardship also.

That's true. The EEOC requires an individualized, fact-based analysis. Some jobs probably cannot be accommodated, and that would be defensible.

But it's not based on whether you have more than 100 employees or not. That's for sure.

As a closing thought, remember that we can't just ignore all our laws, regulations, precedents and the very foundations of our country just because a scary germ comes along.

That's even more of a reason to protect all those things, because if our values can be casually discarded because of an "emergency," then we don't really have any values at all.
You’d rather ditch common sense, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT