ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing rumor NE vs WI Game will be cancelled

PinkLockerRoom

HR All-American
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2002
A good friend that is a NE fan is saying 10 WI players tested positive for Covid and that the game will be cancelled. An announcement is coming soon. If that happens, I’d say that is a huge break for WI.

A good friend that is a NE fan is saying 10 WI players tested positive for Covid and that the game will be cancelled. An announcement is coming soon. If that happens, I’d say that is a huge break for WI.
I can see this being the case because they only have 1 QB now and if he was around Mertz a lot he probably has it or at least has to quarantine.

It will be interesting what this means for the division championship if Wisconsin doesn’t play as many games.

I believe to be eligible for the BTCG the team has to play minimum of 6 games. If Wisconsin has to cancel the next 1-3 games that is not good news. Means they won't be eligible for the Division title.

This season is going to be a complete farce. Got upset about Iowa losing to Purdue when this season is just an exhibition farce anyway.

Oh, and the Big Ten set this season up to fail with it's 21 day rule. Set it up for a big "I told you so."

#FireKevinWarren

I believe to be eligible for the BTCG the team has to play minimum of 6 games. If Wisconsin has to cancel the next 1-3 games that is not good news. Means they won't be eligible for the Division title.

This season is going to be a complete farce. Got upset about Iowa losing to Purdue when this season is just an exhibition farce anyway.

Oh, and the Big Ten set this season up to fail with it's 21 day rule. Set it up for a big "I told you so."

#FireKevinWarren

That 21 day thing is idiotic. The Big's covid policy in general is idiotic.

#FireKevinWarren

It is an exhibition in a way because all the same players can come back if they want.

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
There was always a significant risk of game cancellations.

Not being able to play games sucks. Even those of us that have significant concerns about potential virus spread really, REALLY want as many games as reasonably possible to be played. It's much needed enjoyment in a sh!tty year.

Reactions: rchawk
This season does not count against eligibility.

Also, the 21 day rule is not idiotic. 14 days for COVID and then 7 days to get reconditioned for football. It would be pretty hazardous to send a potentially weakened starter out there without getting conditioned again.
Upon further review, this makes sense.

If you are Nebraska's AD do you want to play a team that potentially has an ongoing outbreak? Obviously people test negative and then hours later test positive. How do you even practice under such a situation?

Not. They lose nothing.
If you play for a rich school then yes. Players who could only afford college through their full ride playing for schools who can barely hand out the alloted scholarships as is (any sport any division) are screwed

Well, i have been saying this is like a scrimmage season since no one will know how many games actually get played. I know we want Hawks to win each week, but I am really hoping that a lot of young players get game experience this year with the hopes that next year will be back to normal. To me, with this wacked late start and the BiG 21 day Covid rule, this is a throwaway season anyway.

Reactions: jo12208
What's the extra week for beyond everyone else's 10-14 days? Heart tests?

Correct. There was concern about the impacts on the heart.

Yes, the 21 day rule is harsh. It was hopeful that the use of the antigen tests (as opposed to the PCR tests) would make it possible for teams to avoid this. The antigen captures actual live virus as opposed to the PCR tests, which can have a false positive due to measuring trace amounts of dead virus.

As long as positive tests = can't play, it will be near to impossible to resume sports short of doing a bubble. The virus spreads no matter what you do. Not to sidetrack into whether college kids testing positive means they can't play sports (I don't think it does), but the reality is that as long as a positive test means the world has to stop, we will see a lot of this.

Here's hoping none of the Wisconsin players develop serious symptoms.

This season does not count against eligibility.

Also, the 21 day rule is not idiotic. 14 days for COVID and then 7 days to get reconditioned for football. It would be pretty hazardous to send a potentially weakened starter out there without getting conditioned again.
Assuming they are actually sick, rather than just a positive test. You know 60%-80% of the positives, never get sick?

Assuming they are actually sick, rather than just a positive test. You know 60%-80% of the positives, never get sick?
So you would risk it either way? What if they start working out and such a week after being positive and then that does make them sick or worse? Why risk that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT