ADVERTISEMENT

NFC Championship Game

justinjdry

HR MVP
Sep 6, 2017
George Kittle and Sam LaPorta will likely* be the starting tight ends this Sunday for the NFC championship game. I'm guessing Iowa will be mentioned more than once based on George and Sam's performances so far in this postseason and coincidentally coming from the same college. Do you think the athletic department could have used this opportunity to shine some light on the program by announcing the new offensive coordinator hire in the days prior to the game? Would such an announcement have any impact on recruiting? Would it be more wise to hold off until after the game?

Just curious if others think Iowa could try to maximize the opportunity in their favor. Of course, it's possible Iowa still doesn't have a new OC ready for announcement, but if they do, it seems like the perfect time to make the announcement to the public.

*as of Wednesday Jan 24, LaPorta is listed as questionable.

George Kittle and Sam LaPorta will likely* be the starting tight ends this Sunday for the NFC championship game. I'm guessing Iowa will be mentioned more than once based on George and Sam's performances so far in this postseason and coincidentally coming from the same college. Do you think the athletic department could have used this opportunity to shine some light on the program by announcing the new offensive coordinator hire in the days prior to the game? Would such an announcement have any impact on recruiting? Would it be more wise to hold off until after the game?

Just curious if others think Iowa could try to maximize the opportunity in their favor. Of course, it's possible Iowa still doesn't have a new OC ready for announcement, but if they do, it seems like the perfect time to make the announcement to the public.

Laporta played both playoff games so far with the same injuries

Reactions: justinjdry

Unfortunately, those in the NFL and the new OC have only the name of the school in common.

Reactions: justinjdry
Unfortunately, those in the NFL and the new OC have only the name of the school in common.
Yeah that's true. I know neither of them were coached by the same offensive coordinator, I just thought it would be a good opportunity to put Iowa in the spotlight, and I just wanted to point out both TE's are products of the Hawkeyes if anything else!

Yeah that's true. I know neither of them were coached by the same offensive coordinator, I just thought it would be a good opportunity to put Iowa in the spotlight, and I just wanted to point out both TE's are products of the Hawkeyes if anything else!
3 of the top 4 TE's in the NFL are Iowa products. The best Center in the NFL is an Iowa product, several DB's and DL's are Iowa products, we need to sell the SHITE out of that. :)

Did Jack Campbell get re-injured in last weeks game? I know a month ago he was questionable to play and early in their win over the Bucs it look like he got piled on. I didnt see him play much after that action.

Did Jack Campbell get re-injured in last weeks game? I know a month ago he was questionable to play and early in their win over the Bucs it look like he got piled on. I didnt see him play much after that action.

Not on injury report

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT