ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Wadley -

Herkey Ohio

Scout Team
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hey, Akrum the only advice I can give you at this point in your life is that the eggs go on top and not the bottom of the bag.
This will be valuable information as you learn to bag groceries.
I learned this skill at 15 years old and before I went on and graduated from IOWA.
But it seems you still have some growing up to do.

By the way, send the people back the money that you took from them.
I know that you learned that this is not the IOWA way.

Akrum is one of the few guys I thought for sure would make it in the NFL, but didn’t. I recall that he was opening a lot of eyes in Tennessee during his rookie training camp. Came on in a pre-season game and made a couple of plays. Announcers were even impressed. Seemingly on his way ... and then he gets another chance down near the goal line and fumbles on a sweep.

I don’t think he was still on the roster by the next pre-season game. Fumbling was sure a problem for him earlier in his undergrad days at Iowa. Probably cost him his one real shot at making it in the NFL. It is too bad. He was fun to watch. One of my favorite Hawks ... but not anymore.

Akrum is one of the few guys I thought for sure would make it in the NFL, but didn’t. I recall that he was opening a lot of eyes in Tennessee during his rookie training camp. Came on in a pre-season game and made a couple of plays. Announcers were even impressed. Seemingly on his way ... and then he gets another chance down near the goal line and fumbles on a sweep.

I don’t think he was still on the roster by the next pre-season game. Fumbling was sure a problem for him earlier in his undergrad days at Iowa. Probably cost him his one real shot at making it in the NFL. It is too bad. He was fun to watch. One of my favorite Hawks ... but not anymore.

He was barely big enough for the college game,.. Pro was a real long shot...

Curious why, if eggs go on the top of the customers bag, why are they shipped in such strong containers and stacked 12 or more high?

Because the packaging creates a sort of interlocking structure whereby the support of one of the containers creates and enhances the support of the others, which you don't get when they travel solo in the plastic/paper bags.

Oh....

Hey, Akrum the only advice I can give you at this point in your life is that the eggs go on top and not the bottom of the bag.
I learned this skill at 15 years old and before I went on and graduated from IOWA.

But what if all you get is eggs and bread?

Unless you’re getting a loaf of bread. Bread sits perfectly on top of the carton of eggs.

Actually - as someone that worked many years for Hy-Vee, egg cartons make a good bottom item in the bag - assuming you're not putting 10lbs on top of them. Lol. Sorry, had to chime in with that.

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85

What is the purpose of posts like this? Why wish ill will. Why not just disagree with them and move on. We have far too many folks wishing bad things on others. The lawsuit included.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
What is the purpose of posts like this? Why wish ill will. Why not just disagree with them and move on. We have far too many folks wishing bad things on others. The lawsuit included.
It's pretty scenario-based. In THIS case, a former player is trying soooo f'n hard to damage the image of our program without good reason.

Akrum is disgruntled and is looking for unearned money. I wish ill will on him, for sure...this is some serious dirt baggery sh*t. And guess what...? I, personally, do not give a flying f**k about dirtbags.

Marcel Joly, a few days ago, tweeted "business is business." Complete nonsense.

Let me know what he says

Um disagree. Sit back and not respond and let the hate machine roll us over. Uh no. Eye for an eye
It's pretty scenario-based. In THIS case, a former player is trying soooo f'n hard to damage the image of our program without good reason.

Akrum is disgruntled and is looking for unearned money. I wish ill will on him, for sure...this is some serious dirt baggery sh*t. And guess what...? I, personally, do not give a flying f**k about dirtbags.

Marcel Joly, a few days ago, tweeted "business is business." Complete nonsense.

Even before George Floyd, Iowa has had an image problem - cold winters, far from major urban centers, and an outdated football style that doesn’t appeal to most blue chip recruits. No matter what becomes of this suit, Iowa will always have an uphill battle to get top-flight recruits.

I despise the fact that Iowa’s name is being dragged through mud and then some, but for right or wrong there are countless black Americans that are watching these events unfold. Many of them already wanted little or nothing to do with the University, or by extension, the State of Iowa before this summer. This only solidified their convictions.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
...there are countless black Americans that are watching these events unfold. Many of them already wanted little or nothing to do with the University, or by extension, the State of Iowa before this summer. This only solidified their convictions.
Yeah, like Alabama, South Carolina, and {insert the name of any state from the Deep South here} have such great reputations for racial harmony.

Iowa was never on their radars for other reasons. This nonsense will have little if any impact on their continued ignoring of Iowa.

They are trying to get an honest man fired. They are trying to extract $20 million from a state university in the middle of an economic crisis. They are dragging the reputation of our university and our state through the mud for quick financial gain. Wadley is trying to ruin the career of the man who bent over backwards to help him land a pro football gig.
This merits a little more than just "disagree and move on."

And had he made the Titans as a change of pace guy (like a Tarik Cohen role) we'd be hearing about how KF's tough love made him the man he is today.

Curious why, if eggs go on the top of the customers bag, why are they shipped in such strong containers and stacked 12 or more high?
Because the containers are of a regular shape and designed to stack on each other. Other groceries are irregularly shaped and weigh more.

If no Shandra Phelps

well they are the strongest but also the weakest link because Ferentz was helping them not too long ago.

According to Ferentz, he helped Wadley land a roster spot in the XFL after the former 1,000-yard rusher at Iowa failed to stick on a roster in the NFL and AAF.

“As recently as May 26, his mom and I were having good conversations,” Ferentz said. “I had no sense it was that bad, quite frankly… [I had] conversations with his mom about trying to get him placed in the XFL, work that probably his agent should have been doing, but trying to help and I knew some people in the XFL. I think he went to Atlanta as a result of that conversation. So yeah, I was surprised.”

I think more than anything this represents the cultural shift. Without getting into 'snowflake' type comments, there is a noticeable shift in how perception can indict one. I personally believe Doyle and KF (at least until he had no choice to change) are the old school types who yell and push, push, and push. They don't kiss kids asses that can't legally drink a beer or barely can. They are not always warm and fuzzy but they care and relish is seeing a kid who they pushed become set for life after signing that 1st deal. Society has taught many that the race card is effective. Now, I don't doubt that black kids have received the shit end of deals. I know from those who shared experiences that things like 'driving while black' is real. But in the context of Iowa Football, A completly bald (skinhead) white guy who doesn't give AF who or what you are and until you prove yourself you're shit to him does not mean RACIST. It could mean a-hole. But maybe we are to the point where if you are not Mr. Fred Rogers trying to coach FB you have no place. I think Doyle was probably over the top in cases in terms of being a hard ass. Maybe he should have been the S&C Coach for Army while moonlighting as a DI. And maybe this was such a culture shock to a guy like AW that when he came and got Doyleized he did not know what to do with it. Guys like Ed Miles don't have to be victims and clearly don't have that disposition. I think he appreciated the tough love. Maybe Ed attributes some of his place in life to Doyle and KF. At end of the day, I think this is more Akrum's mom than Akrum to be fair. Once little Wadley didn't get the offer it was on.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
well they are the strongest but also the weakest link because Ferentz was helping them not too long ago.

According to Ferentz, he helped Wadley land a roster spot in the XFL after the former 1,000-yard rusher at Iowa failed to stick on a roster in the NFL and AAF.

“As recently as May 26, his mom and I were having good conversations,” Ferentz said. “I had no sense it was that bad, quite frankly… [I had] conversations with his mom about trying to get him placed in the XFL, work that probably his agent should have been doing, but trying to help and I knew some people in the XFL. I think he went to Atlanta as a result of that conversation. So yeah, I was surprised.”
Thank you. I never saw that quote until now. I think it is time for KF and Iowa to go scorched earth!

Reactions: 24 so far

Huh... well lookey here!! It actually could be simply a matter of playing the race card for lack of success!!

Even before George Floyd, Iowa has had an image problem - cold winters, far from major urban centers, and an outdated football style that doesn’t appeal to most blue chip recruits. No matter what becomes of this suit, Iowa will always have an uphill battle to get top-flight recruits.

I despise the fact that Iowa’s name is being dragged through mud and then some, but for right or wrong there are countless black Americans that are watching these events unfold. Many of them already wanted little or nothing to do with the University, or by extension, the State of Iowa before this summer. This only solidified their convictions.

So weather and rural setting are on the same level of infraction as perceived racism?

Just look at his calf and overall body build in this picture:

An NFL running back needs mass, or he won't last. Yeah I know, see Warrick Dunn, but that was a bygone era at this point. The Iowa coaching staff tried to get him to "bulk up" but he just wouldn't listen. He had no business playing in the NFL, as he was always going to be an Injured Reserve player in waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT