ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Tom,

vhsalum

HR MVP
Nov 14, 2002
Hey coach!

Just thought I'd send a quick note and hope you receive this in the spirit intended. We've got about 4 weeks until Big Tens - is there anyway we could sit me out until then? Of course I understand how important the duals against Wisconsin and Okiest are.

You told me to suck it up and rub some dirt on it, and you know what? I should probably just trust you. I mean, its not like you have an issue with seniors looking like a shell of themselves come their senior year at NCAAs, right? Right?

Signed,
Real woods hurt leg

Hey coach!

Just thought I'd send a quick note and hope you receive this in the spirit intended. We've got about 4 weeks until Big Tens - is there anyway we could sit me out until then? Of course I understand how important the duals against Wisconsin and Okiest are.

You told me to suck it up and rub some dirt on it, and you know what? I should probably just trust you. I mean, its not like you have an issue with seniors looking like a shell of themselves come their senior year at NCAAs, right? Right?

Signed,
Real woods hurt leg
Hey vhsalum: Suck it up and rub some dirt on it. :)

Is it not possible that the injury is similar to Lee's? Similar in that the injury cannot be aggravated any further and rest wouldn't improve it? I have no idea if that is the case, but that was the reason that Lee said he still wrestled his senior year of high school even though he was injured...

Is it not possible that the injury is similar to Lee's? Similar in that the injury cannot be aggravated any further and rest wouldn't improve it? I have no idea if that is the case, but that was the reason that Lee said he still wrestled his senior year of high school even though he was injured...

... and he waited until the state series to wrestle with it.

I would assume the choice is Real's and that was more what I was referencing. I can't imagine for a second that Brands is "making" him wrestle with injury...

1. you'd be wrong

2. he also let Spencer wrestle with 2 torn acls...

Well this is an interesting thread, especially since there are spies who monitor this board (at least there used to be).

So Real is hurt...Tom is running him out there anyway...and this on the heels of 2 if our worst losses in 50 years.

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

Everyone is different but the vast majority of people with an injury like Lee (Torn ACL) cannot function anywhere at their baseline unless surgery and extensive rehab. The instability associated with such an injury opens one up to damaging the meniscus. I know a handful of guys who tried to play through their ACL injury and ended up getting a bucket handle tear of the meniscus. When that happens the knee joint is a floppy mess and leads to rarely being the same again. Just speculation, just saying that some knee injuries actually can lead to other damage to the knee unless dealt with.

Everyone is different but the vast majority of people with an injury like Lee (Torn ACL) cannot function anywhere at their baseline unless surgery and extensive rehab. The instability associated with such an injury opens one up to damaging the meniscus. I know a handful of guys who tried to play through their ACL injury and ended up getting a bucket handle tear of the meniscus. When that happens the knee joint is a floppy mess and leads to rarely being the same again. Just speculation, just saying that some knee injuries actually can lead to other damage to the knee unless dealt with.
I am not saying you are wrong. I just simply posted the explanation that came directly from Lee, himself...

I am not saying you are wrong. I just simply posted the explanation that came directly from Lee, himself...

Here's the problem. Lee is the athlete. Both prior to and in retrospect, there's no way Tom should have let him "try" and compete that way. But in the same way that Tom is such a good translator of the warrior mentality - this aint war.

Real shouldn't be wrestling. His performances make that pretty clear.

Hey coach!

Signed,
Real woods hurt leg
You’re giving @johnstownsteel message board alias ideas

Here's the problem. Lee is the athlete. Both prior to and in retrospect, there's no way Tom should have let him "try" and compete that way. But in the same way that Tom is such a good translator of the warrior mentality - this aint war.

As long as the injuries aren't life threatening, I disagree. For all intents and purposes, these athletes are adults. If they want to wrestle and have consulted with a medical professional, at that point it is up to them...

Properly edited now that I am no longer driving! Thank you very much 98 for catching such a weak minded mistake!

Last edited:
Reactions: SansAgain

are you talking about NCAA's or when he chose not to have surgery after?

???

Freudian slip? (as in "intensive" care)

The cliché phrase is "For all intents and purposes"). Most with a secondary education know this. 😉
Voice texting while driving. Feel free to admonish me for not fully focusing on driving. I am at least doing it all hands free. But, I am again happy you hang on my every word to make sure all is correct.

Does Real Woods strike anybody as being the type of guy who would be forced into doing something he didn’t want to do?

So I guess we are back to the Tom is forcing guys to wrestle and breaking them and we skipped past duck/Iowa is soft season altogether.

Does Real Woods strike anybody as being the type of guy who would be forced into doing somethinig he didn’t want to do?

So I guess we are back to the Tom is forcing guys to wrestle and breaking them and we skipped past duck/Iowa is soft season altogether.
Very sound and well reasoned response. As such, with nothing to argue against with misdirection, it will almost certainly be ignored by all that you responded to...

There is NOT a chance in my mind that anyone is forcing WOODS to wrestle hurt! There would be no reason to roll him out against F*** st for example?

Voice texting while driving. Feel free to admonish me for not fully focusing on driving. I am at least doing it all hands free. But, I am again happy you hang on my every word to make sure all is correct.
Damn this is funny !

When I write it I’d “probably” do it correctly but when I say it nope . It comes out wrong.

Glad I came over to the Iowa boards for the lesson

Damn this is funny !

When I write it I’d “probably” do it correctly but when I say it nope . It comes out wrong.

Glad I came over to the Iowa boards for the lesson
Voice texting/commands in the car puts autocorrect to shame. Some of the people I end up calling I have no idea how that is what the AI “heard”…. As an exercise, I said “intents and purposes” three different times and it typed out “intense” once and “intensive” the other two.

So, apparently, my version doesn’t have a secondary education. 😉

Hey coach!

Signed,
Real woods hurt leg
How can you occasionally have good info yet also have some of the worst takes I've ever seen on this board all in one package?

Believe whoever you want fellas, I'll sleep just fine (so will Tom), but this is simply NOT true.

How can you occasionally have good info yet also have some of the worst takes I've ever seen on this board all in one package?

Believe whoever you want fellas, I'll sleep just fine (so will Tom), but this is simply NOT true.
Well, you might not appreciate his opinions and maybe even the humor. But that’s different than inside info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT